ESPN ticks me off

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Oct 26, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Man these analysists are killing me. most of the analysists think we won't do good next season, and that we'll finish 4th in our conference and not do as great as we have in the playoffs last year. Marc Stein is the only one i wasn't mad at because he was one of the people who said we'd finish 4th, but that would happen just because we'd have to get used to the new coach and that he would be surprised if we didn't reach the Finals. Some said that the pistons would gat first seed, but not do that great in the playoffs. check for yourself:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-DetroitPreview0506

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bro, I fixed your thread title and link.

Don't be worrying about what people say. Being a Detroit fan is about not getting props until you win it all. Makes it that much sweeter.

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yeah we'll be laughing soon enough, but 4th who besides Miami, and Indy would even have a chance to gat ahead of us?

4. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Proving people wrong with our actions.It's been a beautiful thing cuz if you look back have we even supposed to have been in the Finals the last 2 years let alone beat the unstoppable Lakers??

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Can this team do anything to get any respect? although our players do better when this happens so thanks actually.

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the latest issue of SI has the Nets at #3. ya know, their frontcourt can compete with ours for sure :eyebrows:

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

S.i.

I saw that SI issue, too. Was really surprised to see Detroit fourth. The NJ success was contingent on the play of Krstic at center. The opposing scouting report on the Pistons said to expect a few Sheed blowups with Flip and that Darko looked tentative in the Summer League. Other than that, and those are two big "ifs," they don't really back up the prediction.:confused:

8. max

max All-Star

Predictions

I knew we would get hit with the coaching change.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Do you guys think they're doing playoff seeds instead of records. Because that would explain NJ being in 3rd.:confused:

10. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

Prediction

I think that getting the shaft from ESPN is a blessing. Really, do you want all of the people predicting us to win it all? Or would you rather fly under the radar all season with minimal media pressure? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

11. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

i don't worry about it anymore.

it just makes the so called "analysts" look stupid in the end.

12. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Are they "analysts" or analists? Or, maybe anal cysts? :P

13. max

max All-Star

Espn

Mark Stein: I won't be surprised if the Pistons finish second in the Central. I will be surprised if they don't get back to the Finals. New coach or not, no one else in the East has a title-tested core in its prime.

Chris Sheridan: The Pistons remain loaded along the front line, even more than before with Dale Davis coming aboard and the wraps being taken off Darko Milicic. Look for 56-58 wins.

Jim O'Brian: Flip Saunders can coach offense with the best of them. Detroit, only 17th in FG percentage last year, will move into the top 10 in this category. The Pistons' tough man defense will always make them a threat to go back to the Finals.

Eric Neel: From the get-go they'll be looking to prove it wasn't Larry. No more sleepwalking through November and December.

John Hollinger: Regular season has never been their thing, but should be a tiger come playoff time. With Evans and revived Darko, bench should be better too.

Whats so bad about ESPN? Seems to be a common theme there. Pistons do not win as many reg-season games as one would think but always do well in the Finals. Thats the way its been the past 2 years.

14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think you might be strenching it a lot. You can't really play Carter and Jefferson in the front court at the same time and the Nets don't have Center as good as Darko, yet alone Dyess or Big Ben.

Maybe somebody slipped you a mickey with some Jersey swamp water in it.
    LOL

15. max

max All-Star

They always get #3.

That is if they win their division. Thats what they refer to as #3.