ESPN Dumars Interview Dec 14 2006

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Dec 15, 2006.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I just ran across the audio of an interview with Joe D. by Chad Ford of ESPN.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

cheers for that.
    looks like he has no qualms about 'pulling the trigger' when it gets a bit closer to the trade deadline. thats a good sign i think that he is not going to rest on his laurels and isnt afraid to hurt somebody's feelings.

i just wonder if flip saunders also falls under that umbrella of 'pulling the trigger'.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks lurker. I have always felt a little uncomfortable with Chad Ford's man-love for Joe Dumars.

Hidden in there was a little shot at McDyess which in my opinion is totally warranted. With increased minutes, Dice's effectiveness is way down this year.

I can hear Ben Wallace uttering the timeless lyrics of AC/DC, "Who made who?"
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't know. I think with McDyess it is all upstairs with him. I think he still worries about his knee and doesn't push himself. When he had a chance to move to the starting line up he refused. He is comfortable in his reserve role and the minutes he was getting. I think more blame should be on Joe D. for not having a good back up plan in Nazr a Spur castaway. If he was not good enough for the Spurs why is he starting for our Pistons???????????????????????????????????????????????????
  5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This whole interview was too cozy for my taste. Typical in-house winks.

McDyess did come up, but little was mention on the splitting up center minutes with Naz. How is this affecting the relationship between these two? Twice the number, as now being played, is giving us a double...with no fear shown from the other side.

JD sounded more convincing to me, that indeed, he would "pull-the-trigger", if need be. I feel a little bit better about his firmness in doing so. Let us hope that the final trailer will be aggressiveness from the owner's side.

If JD follows through with CB, then we must get a center. Way too much baggage floating outside the paint area and what is in the paint won't give you big nights to keep everyone honest.

For me, there is only one center who can step up big time....Paul Gasol. Add a team mate like Mike Miller,or Lewis from Seattle, and I would be happy in recognizing JD's 2-4 year competitive playoff goals.

Seems like the magic number for JD is 40...to pull or not.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is why it's important to see Amir & Brahma in game situations... our leverage is clearly at PF... this town could use some new blood to generate interest... the team needs a new ingredient to stir into the championship pot :stirthepot:... a pinch of agressiveness... a splash of post play... a dab of shot blocking and dollop of athletism... who fits this formula?
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What about a touch of tenderness or he might destroy me!
    In another interview JD said he had called his pilot to pick up AI but then Philly called back and said there was a snag with Matt Gieger and the deal fell through. This was 6 or 7 years ago.