ECFinals Game 6 At Cleveland June 2 8:30PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, Jun 1, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

ECFinals Game 6 At Cleveland June 2 8:30PM

Series Swings back to Cleveland for game 6

Cavs hope to avoid a repeat of last year while the Pistons try to save face and their playoff run.

Will it end here or will the drama continue? After game 2 they all said the Cavs could not beat the Pistons 4 straight so here we go. If the Pistons can pull this one off then I like our chances in game 7.

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This team has pulled of this crap again. They better try every damn second, or they will lose.

3. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

As winning will not be an option...

I'm not sure if I'd like the close loss or the 'thumping' style loss we got last year from Miami.

Will Dyess play?

You know you are an old school fan because as the refs are talking I"m thinking that they are trying to decide if it is a flagrant or not, not whether it is a flagrant II or not...

4. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

anybody else notice how quiet the Palace was last night? This team seems like a different Detroit Pistons team under Flip Saunders than under Larry Brown. I dont' see the passion to win there (even w/ guys like Webber and McDyess). I really think the lineup needs to be shaken up this offseason and Flip NEEDS to go. I absolutely hate saunders and he is so %%%%ing ugly too. GOD!!

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I guarantee a win.

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I see a loss. The good news is I've been wrong on just about every game during the playoffs.

2 years ago, we won the ship after going down 3-2 in double ot to Jersey.

A year ago we escaped from this same hole against Cleveland.

Not this year. Bron rules.

We are this:

http://www.backedupsomewhere.com/junk/old/toast/toast.jpg

7. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Or?

You'll never watch Star Wars (any of them) ever again?

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'll shave my head and get a witness tattoo.

9. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

On your junk?

10. max

max All-Star

48 points from Lebran last night. 21 from Gibson the game before.

Maybe this is the game when the Cavs start playing like the Cavs.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the palace was NOT quiet. well, not until the game was over. it was probably one of the loudest crowds i've ever seen since i started attending games in the '05 playoffs when we lost to the spurs.

12. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

exactly. my point is the pistons fans' have not gotten into the games ever since Flip Saunders came into town. I remember the 2004-2005 NBA Final runs under LB and the Palace was extremely noisy. I just feel like the team is lacking motivation and passion --> which is starting to rub off on the fans. Joe Dumars NEEDS TO SHAKE UP THE ROSTER!!

13. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I guarantee that the better team will lose.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No real adjustments I can offer for this game. If Dice is out, dress Amir and bring him for a couple of minutes. Anybody new may throw off the Cavs.

Go to the hoop as much as possible and be aggressive. Labron did, we got Tay, Flip jr and Delfino who can drive too.

Don't be afraid to take the charge..LBJ is not going to make all his FT's, but he made all of the dunk/layups.

Finally for the loyal Pistons fans, the Local PF members need to get togther at the Palace tomorrow night for the Palacevision broadcast and celebrate this team with a meet and greet. Who knows enough of us there may provide the karma could translate through to a victory.

It's only $5 for entry..go party guys as it may be the last time you see the team in it's current state.. detteam, don't forget the camera this time as we need group photo and a YouTube video. :)

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

No real adjustments? How about the Stones growing a pair and living up to their rep?

The Pistons have become VERY soft under the 'players coach' and lost their moxy. Instead of reviewing game vids of this series tonight, I'd rather they watched tapes of the 88-90 teams...INCLUDING Zeke's giveaway in Boston.

This team thought they could win despite Flip last year and failed. It's time they made good on their thoughts and play Deeetroit ball...the right way.

lol dre...I didn't forget the camera...I was given bad batteries by the keeper of the camera...she kept everything! :pound::( :)

16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Dyess is playing. But they could throw AJ in, which they're not going to do. They'll live and die with the current starting five and undefined bench roles.

17. Darth Tater

18. max

max All-Star

Read it and disagree with it. You can say in game 5 the Pistons finally played well but they did not play well in the final 2-3 minutes which is what it was all about.

When you are up by 8 Lebran can whatever he wants and all the Pistons had to do was hold serve with a couple of baskets. Instead they turned it over 3 times. There never should have been 2 OT's for him to score all those points. I think thats what all these media clowns are missing.

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I know man. Take a team out when your foot is on their damn throat. This is so frustrating. I want Game 6 to start soon and I want to see some real basketball this time from the Pistons.

20. Darth Tater

Odd. It just hit me that this may be our final Piston game thread of the season.

My head told me would win last night, but I had an ominous feeling all day. I was at work, and basically checked the score around halftime, once or twice in the 3rd quarter, and the last I checked was with 3 minutes to go. We had a 5 point lead, so I tried phoning Aurora so she could give me the final since I couldn't reach a computer. She wasn't home so I phoned my 11 year old daughter.

She keppt telling me it was 11-5. I eventually figured out she was looking at the Tigers/Indians score. I was getting more nervous by the minute. My head told me we won. My heart said we were in trouble. My daughter said...it's 93-93 in overtime.

Ok, I stopped my knees from buckling. I got off work a half hour later and went to Yahoo. Headline "King of the Palace". I almost puked. With a little bit of hope I checked the score anyhow.

"Season over", I told myself as i drove home.:ohwell:

I came home and found solace in reading the forum...because knowing even though I was the only guy in Idaho who probably gave a damn about the game...I wasn't alone.