ECF Game 6 Celtics/Pistons Fri. May 30th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 29, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Was it raining when you arrived?
    So Sheed didn't want it !

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here's my question about Sheed. It is based on a lot of different bits of info, but my mind has been stirring it into a poison stew.

1) Sheed gets buddy buddy with KG
    2) Rip calls him out on it and contront him in the locker room
    3) Sheed is embarrassed and goes all passive agressive on us.
    4) He shows up late to the shoot around, he doesn't do the dance, he never says ball don't lie, and lays a major egg in the game (0 for 6 from 3-point land, and 5 fouls in 31 minutes).

I can't help but to suspect that he pouted his way through the game.

If that is true, then his teammates know it and Joe knows it, and Sheed is good as gone.

Did that happen or am I just reading way too much into it?

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Honestly, i don't think the Rip thing was a major deal, and if reports are true Sheed has been late many times and it's just been covered up.

As for the no dance thing, i don't know what to make of that.

I saw Sheed fighting for rebounds against Perkins in this game like really making an effort so i don't know if it's right to say he neccesarily pouted his way thorugh the game.

But something was off. I guess we'll see if he gets traded and all the dirt comes out. The beat writers love to rip players after they leave, and all of a sudden all this "top-secret" info comes out.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're right TaS. But mostly because Sheed has the best contract to deal.

Why doesn't Hunter catch any crap for being an idiot and shooting off his mouth with Stephen A? What goes on in the locker room, stays in the locker room. LH knows better.

5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree with you. It is very strange how hunter has gotten away with challenging flip during game 5 openly; telling lockroom problem, etc. This goes to m theory that joe has too many good friends on the team; if lindsay is on the team next year, i will be very disappointed; lindsay comes off as very dishonest in the interview with stoney and wojo. Why is curry the answer?

6. roscoe36

dba, I'm sorry I missed replying to this. It's a tremendously good post.

7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I'll say and especially those last two paragraphs. Some depth insights on the whole issue that JD is clueless about.

I wonder how the Hammond loss will effect JD? Right now, I think this club is reeling from the top administration. It is all too close, in-house and full of false innuendos.

Throwing reactionary lines out to the clubs is a bad sign. You have nearly 50 million dollars on the hump line in a transparent cocoon whose maturation vision is focused on a first year butterfly.

Say it ain't so Joe.

8. roscoe36

This is always an issue. Emotion is the enemy of accountability, both for and against.

In the echo chamber of the local press, passive-aggressive management styles can flourish.