ECF Game 5 Celtics/Pistons Wed. May 28th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 27, 2008.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, that was weird...I have no idea how they were even able to make it close at the end, but I never thought they really had a chance despite the big comeback. That was just WAY too big a deficit to make up. This game was lost down the stretch of the 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd, not at the end.

All we can hope for now is a good win in Game 6 and to somehow put a complete game together in Game 7, with the Cs possibly seizing up if they can't get out to a lead in the decisive game.
  2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Man that was too bad. Coulda woulda shoulda game. But it shows we can do it if they just keep the pressure on.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That 16-4 run at the end of the half and those three clutch buzzer beaters by Garnett were huge.....especially that three in the second qtr during that run.

Allen and Perkins kick our arses too.

They drubbed us on the boards 42- 25

Can Flip when game six and get to the game 7???
  4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

pistons is not spurs
    celtics is not hornets

nuff said.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

It figures. Wings lose...Pistons lose...and the Tigers are up 5-0 in the 7th :P
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Totally winnable game down the stretch.

Turnover during last possession when score was needed, then at missed shots from close in, can't ask for much more than that. Think of where we are if Dice doesnt go to the line and brick 2 in a row. Anybody else and I'm super-peeved, but it's Dice so he gets a pass.

It looks to me like game 7 is an inevitability.
  7. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Perkins playing good b-ball. Ray Allen making 3 pointers. Pierce playing 45 minutes. All celtics having lucky bounces on the FTs.

Damn man, we could have won this one. But that Billups "fault" over Rondo... that one was David Stern calling it, not the ref. Cant fool me.

We can win in Detroit... but if we do, we would have 3 good games in a row... who wouldnt think in a slump for Game 7? I dont want to... but oh well.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Save this post:

I PROMISE YOU. THE CELTS ARE SPENT.
    1. MENTALLY, THEY WILL THROW IN THE TOWEL IN GAME 6 TO KIND OF REST UP FORGAME 7. PISTONS 111-89.

2. THEY WONT HAVE ANY LEGS FOR GAME 7 AND PISTON EXPIRIENCE COMES THROUGH. PISTONS 97-90.

ON TO FINALS.
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Your faith is admirable, HQ. Let's hope you're right.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That will be a tall order, but not impossible. Of course, with Sheed 1 T from a suspension, he will have to keep his cool from here on out.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Flagrant 2 for Pierce, and the Pistons should have an easier time with the next game.

:gun1:
  12. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Unfortunate that we lost our early lead and then dug ourselves a huge hole. But the valiant comeback may give us a lift going into game 6. The rebounding disparity is really hurting the Pistons. We've been weaker in that department since Ben left, but this seems to me to be the first playoff series since then in which it has become a major factor.
  13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed Dre.

The board war - especially their offensive rebounds combined with the Celtic's luck - KGs buzzer beaters and a few lucky rim shots, were the difference in this one.
  14. pistonsloyalist

Was Rip seriously hurt? It was hard to tell what happened from the replay of him and Allen getting tangled up. But he was really hurting.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It doesn't matter if they seize up or not. They will always have that 20 rebound advantage to fall back on.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

can't blame the pistons for lack of trying, like they did in game 3...but it goes to show, if they don't make the Finals they will look back on game 3 and kick themselves in the rear.

we're a tough team to close out. we'll take game 6 at home and then anything goes in game 7.

wow this was disappointing. i thought when stuckey hit that 3 we were going to take the game. chauncey's missed layup hurt badly.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Hard to fight for rebounds when your entire front court is in foul trouble early.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:messer:Starting front court?? Sheed made six buckets>>>>> all threes

Dice was taken out of the game altogether with the foul trouble and took only 2 shots and grabbed 5 boards.

Can someone check to see if the real Tay was left down in Disney world? I am not sure if he has been in double figures but possibly once this whole series. he has to be the x factor in game six and seven to secure a trip to the finals.

We were big from beyond the arc hitting 11 threes, but as bad as they killed us on the boards, they duplicated the effort in the paint to the tune of 39-19.

I am not sure who was the star their team tonight: Allen hit 5 threes, KG hit a prayer 3 and Posey hit a three, which was the only points off their bench. unsung here would be perkins setting the tone in the paint offensively and defensively in the first half as we had no answer for him inside.

rondo 13 assists:messer:

Some other keys > when Theo went up there and bricked two FT and when Dice bricked the two FTs during the run prior to him fouling out. We got to the line more than them but missed 9 FT's

Other keys... SHeeds tech...without that maybe it would be 99-99 instead of 100-99 when ray hits his 2 pointer..which we let him have with six seconds on the shot clock....

Rip...gets hit in the eye and we burn a time out that we could have used later. Flip said his elbow is hyperextended..lets hope he can play Friday or we are toast..

Lot of what ifs tonight, but we came up short again when most though it was over in the third.

One thing for sure, Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy will celebrate with the Celtics on the plane over to Detroit tomorrow.
  19. pistonsloyalist

Was Stuckey trying to miss the second of his two free throws at the very end with a few seconds left? He made that free throw, but one of the announcers thought he intended to miss it, in order to give the Pistons the opportunity for a board and a three-point shot. I understood the argument for having a deliberate miss at that stage, but there is an argument the other way too, and it is hard to believe that made a free throw he was attempting to miss.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Sheed played down low early, but picked up a couple of quick fouls. Same with Dice and Maxiell. I think some of the perimeter shooting was because they couldn't be agressive in the paint.

I could be wrong and just looking at things through Pistons colored glasses, but I really felt the refs set the tone in the first half with cheap calls on the Pistons and/or no calls for the Celts.

Maybe my feelings are just hurt by the loss, but I don't think so. I think our team was jobbed by the refs.