ECF Game 4 May 29th At Cleveland 8:00 PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 27, 2007.

1. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Its funny that you mentioned that game. First thing that you have to realize old skool is that i'm only 29 years of age. So for me to watch that game and truly understand everything that is going on would have been a marvel. Second I have seen that game on espn classic many times, and I belive it went 3 overtimes and Zeke had something like 45 pts and 15 assists(could be wrong about the assists). I have been a die-hard Piston fan since 1986 when I started to really get into basketball and have had the amazing opportunity to see us win big games and lose them also. I have seen us win titles and lose them also. Like you I have had sleeplessness nights pondering how we could won some of those games and days of euphoria after we were victorious. I am not questioning your loyalty old skool, but the series is only tied and just because we lost last night doesnt mean that the basketball world as we know it is gonna end. You have to support your team no matter what, its what "true" fans do.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Marv is also a guy who specializes in calling the play wrong, then saying "oh now they've changed to call to..." implying that the refs changed their minds when in reality he just lost track because he was looking around the first couple of rows for someone to bite.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We made more baskets, got more rebounds (way more offensive), and broke even on the turnovers. Free throws were the difference. Pretty good performance on the road.
  4. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Win with jumpers, lose with jumpers.

Scoreboard, nothing else matters except not having injuries.
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Well guess what? The Cavs were the team to step up last night, which negated anything the Pistons brought to the table. All they did though was hold serve. All anybody has done is win at home. They deserve all the credit for winning two games in a row in the 4th quarter. Normally, the 4th is reserved for the Detroit Pistons against weaker opponents. This Cavs team thinks their in a competitive series. It's time the Detroit Pistons start thinking the same way. We're way better than we've been playing. But until the Detroit Pistons start taking the Cavs seriously, we will be behind the 8 ball. I've been calling them the "Detroit Pistons" cause this is a "Pistons Forum" and we must rally behind these guys. There will be plenty of time after the season to contemplate any moves you want, based on their FINAL results. If this were a chess match boys and girls...........look...........there are still pieces on the board to be played. Not a good idea to critize so EXTENSIVELY, when the playoffs are still going on for the Detroit Pistons. I see a Pistons victory in SIX GAMES. We will head back to Cleveland after a game 5 victory and hand those boys their @$$#@% in front of their home crowd.

Go Pistons !!!!!!!
  6. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

[​IMG]

Yes...it's a rug.
  7. TwYcH

TwYcH First Round Draft Pick

I watched the game and im pissed....

What the hell were we doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Please change your avatar, I want to punch Webber in the face for about 2 hours straight right now.

"Let's win a title for Chris..." Hey Chris how about you get off your fat ass and win a game this series, you should still be able win 1 game basically by yourself.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The only starter without a foul? Lebron. What a clean game he played. I'm really impressed.

I'm telling y'all, we did a lot of things right this game.

Shooting: Pistons made 28 2-pointers and 3 3-pointers for 65 points.
    While the Cavs made 26 2's and 4 3's for 64 points. Adv Pistons.

Rebounding: We seemed to get everything. 40 rebounds and 10 offensive for us. Cavs had 34 with 3 offensive. This is their biggest strength and we negated it. Adv Pistons.

Assists: 16 to 16. Push.

Steals: 8 to 7 Cavs.

Blocked Shots: 6 to 1 in favor of the Pistons.

What did they do better than us? Lebron had 4 buckets in the paint and he shot 4-13 on jumpers. We can live with that. Chauncey had about as many points and actually outrebounded LBJ.

Final word: If Webber isn't going to give us anything but bricks, let's start Dale Davis.
  10. dba

There is a risk CWebb would just go south and bail on the rest of the playoffs, but I think you got to risk it. DD or JMax starts and Dice comes in.
  11. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Start him, but pull him at 3:00 in if he isn't playing well, just the like the Spurs do with whoever is playing in front of Ginobili.
  12. dba

You could, but I think the team might be better off just making a choice and letting DD or JMax get prepared to play from the beginning. Besides, what are the odds Webber is going to show up tomorrow night after the last few games?
  13. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Just do it to leave Max in a lower pressure role, like the Cavs did with Hughes/Gibson last night.
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just why does Prince play more minutes than Bron???

CB makin dumb decisions which leads to turnovers and not makin shots in the 4th quarter maybe due to he play 45-46 mins in this game. Does Flip know about this? Do his assistants know about this?

How do we beat them so easily (3-1) when we are suppose to cruising throughout the regular season and now in the playoffs, we are struggling to beat this team? Aren't we the experience team and can always flip the switch when the playoffs arrive???

Just plain frustrating. Anyway, I still have faith in them and think we can win this series in 6.
  15. dba

Yeah, I know what you're saying. But golly, that Gibson kid sure doesn't seem to lack for confidence. And the Pistons haven't done anything to convince him he isn't the second coming of Allen Iverson.
  16. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Golly, he'd be wondering if it was a semi or a semi and a train that had just hit him if I was manning the paint.

I forgot we don't play actual basketball anymore.

Hunter or possibly Flip Jr. (I think I just threw up in my mouth) needs to be in most of the time when he is in.

I can't believe I'm game planning around a rookie. :boom:
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

NOPE!!! Max needs to start. Not Davis, not Dyess, MAXIEL!!!!! There's 2 things that Clev likes to do early, (1) Go to Z in the post and (2)Run Pick and Roll. Webber being in our startting lineup allows them to do both of these things with success. He can't defend Z in the post, he just flat out can't do it. Secondly it's almost comical how they purposefully put Webb into P&R's knowing that he can't hedge & recover, he can't trap & recover and he can't switch. Give Mike Brown credit, he saw that Lebron was struggling with Max and Sheeds defense in the P&R, so he know runs it exclusively at Webber. The only problem with Max starting is he could possibly get switched out on Z and get toasted.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Z is doing much more damage from the perimeter than he is from the paint.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah. Zeppelin.
  20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Well at least Mr. Webber isn't making me out to be a liar:

Originally posted: 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM