ECF Game 3 At Cleveland May 27th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 25, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know about you, but game 1 one and 2 were plenty worrisome for me. Both of those games came down to Cavs misses or we lose. We could easily be 1-1 or 0-2 in this series.

Of course a sweep would be awesome, and preferred, but I'd also be happy with a split in Cleveland and a chance to close out the series at home in game 5.

2. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I like US in a close game.

3. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

The push-offs LeBron makes going for rebounds are ridiculous.

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Detroit hung close but I never got the feeling ever that they'd win this one. Cleveland was due after those first two heartbreakers. Too many turnovers, too many wasted possessions. Rip was horrible. Pretty much took the game off, IMO. It helps to have a superstar and LeBron played well in crucial moments. Not much you can do, I guess. I didn't expect a sweep. Hope the Pistons can avoid losing three in a row like last season. Cleveland has the momentum, but I'm heartened by how well the Pistons competed tonight.

Rip has to become a weapon again. This series can get away from us real fast. Little Daniel Gibson made our guards look like they had cement covering their feet.

5. jammertime

So do I, but games 1 and 2 weren't exactly walks in the park.

6. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Cleveland was going to win one game in this series, so this is the one. Really what is the matter with with Chauncey and Rip? They both are off their game and it can't all be defense by Cleveland, they aren't that good. Again Flipper just doesn't play his bench correctly. Flip Murray was a nice move since he at least was active and making shots. Why not more Maxiell and Delfino? They are both high energy and Tay is playing 44 minutes and he's not making many shots in the second half because he has no legs left. So frustrating to watch the Pistons not live up to their potential. This game could have been a blowout and maybe that would have been even better to get the Pistons motivated.

7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

What is it with the Cavs that the Pistons can't seem to figure out? CB flat out is stinking it up in this series. A few 4th qtr heroics aside, his game has been TO prone and shooting is non-existent. The backcourt is just not providing any spark. Not impressed with the Pistons the first 3 games. Can Sheed stop leaving his man open and the defense stop collapsing over every fake?

8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just finished watching. It hurts to see Prince, Hamilton and Billups play this weak. Hamilton is simply unable to create his own shot (as we all know), Billups is fairly ineffective except for some 4th quarter heroics and Prince has only one move. ONE FREAKIN' MOVE, THAT'S IT!
    Besides, this team is slow. Extremely slow. They're so much fun to watch if they hit their shots and it sucks so extremely if the simply ain't hitting anything, like tonight.
    I'm going to bed with some anger

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

CB and Rip were the escape goats in this one. I would liked to have seen more JMax too, but Dice was finally productive, CWebb was pretty good, and Sheed was still producing, so I don't think it would have made much difference to get JMax in there. Flip Jr was great in the second quarter, and Tay finally got off the schneid a bit, but was still outscored by LeBron by 19. Turnovers and stupid forced shots were a big problem in the second half, as was the undisciplined cheating off the perimeter shooters. On a positive note, the rebounding was good, even for the game. But if the two All-Star guards don't SHOW THE $#^% UP in Game 4, it'll be going back to the Palace 2-2 and with all the pressure on the Pistons.

10. max

max All-Star

Billups and Rip looked like they played an OT game last night. Prince misses a wide-open 3 in the Pistons final possetion that counted.

Where was Maxiel? Delfino hits a tough shot in the 2nd quarter and never sees the floor again. Almost like how LB used to bench Okur for taking a long shot. Know that was not case here but Flip should have tried better to find some production off the bench since our all-star backcourt was not getting it done.

Well, knew this one would not be a sweep. Have to get game #4 so this thing does not get ugly.

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Another slight positive was that the refs called it pretty even. Aside from a few dicey calls, the Cavs pretty much had to earn it from the floor.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The game was close, but in the end it was La Bron stepping it up and hitting that game winner with about 21 seconds. The Pistons D held him in check in the third, but those 12 in the 4th were huge. The Pistons also let Z get off again and also let Gibson & Gooden beat them. Cavs finished with 49% shooting.

On the Piston side, Webber and Prince provided their average contributions, but Rip and CB didn't appear to get on the plane and fly over to Cleveland. Sheed who was big in the 4th in games 1 & 2 only scored a FT in this one.

Overall, the Pistons scoring and offense is still off due to the numerous turnovers (15). Still it wasn't a blowout as some had predicted. The Pistons won the third but didn't take an opportunity to take control of the game in the third when Labron was shut down. Also they didn't take advantage of the bonus when they could have with 6 mins left in the game. In other words, they were not aggressive enough when they could have stolen this one. Put some blame on Flip sr too for leaving the first half hero of game 2 on the bench...I mean Jmax got on 2.5 mins....why wasn't he in there to begin the 4th?

13. jammertime

I don't get into chat very often, but I decided to stop in tonight for the 4th quarter. I thought I'd let off a bit of steam about some of the bogus calls we were getting. My wife was sleeping and normally she gets the brunt of my venting. She's even less sympathetic to my ramblings when I wake her up.

But boy, was I disappointed in the negativity and pessimism in there. I was more upset about by the chat than I was by the game! People were giving up on the team half way through the 4th Q.

Did I like the way the team was playing tonight? No

But did I think that it was "over" with 5,4,3,2 minutes left, down 2,4,6,8 points? No.

I just had to get that off my chest. I think next time I'll just wake up my wife.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Chat has seemed to get that way, Jammertime. When the Pistons struggle, people either get very negative or just bail. The Pistons can certainly frustrate us at times, but all teams go through their ups and downs.

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't know, it seemed like a mostly realistic assessment tonight. The Pistons made a nice comeback to give themselves a chance to steal it late, but LeBron hit another superstar shot to put it away. That can happen when you're playing from behind against a team with a player like that. And there's nothing to say but negative things about the way Rip and CB were playing.

16. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Bill its been 3 straight games and the Pistons still can't find their rhythm. They collectively look awful on the offensive side of the ball. Missed bunnies, TO's, dangerous passes etc. Maybe they don't know the next step is the Finals.

17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Cleveland plan on defense: Take the ball out of Billips hands. He is slow to pass out of doubles. Harass him with hands when he is in the lane. After game 1, make Rip into a passer. Result: no flow or effective adjustment. Our bigs score more. We let Prince handle the ball more. But Prince has been making the same kind of turnovers as Billips and Rip.

So far, our adjustments-- like letting the ball come back to Billips on the side, have not been good enough. The Murray stint was not surprising as many of us have been calling for a penetrator. Strangely, Cleveland is not a great defensive team from the point of view of speed or atleticism.

As bad as the Cavs offense is, they are getting some looks as a result of ball movement. Our offense has been a series of one on one counters. Only Sheed and Webber made some noise.Tay hit a few shots so we posted him up out of a flow. You go at Z and get fouls on him like Webber did. Our offense is trying to exploit mismatches here and there. It is disjointed.

All three games (except game 2--third quarter) they have dictated play.

Dyss is overmatched against Z. I would prefer Davis.

We have to play with a much more frantic defense. We have to be way smarter on offense and with more confidence, ball movement, aggresiveness and purpose.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah in Chat, most bail if the Pistons get behind by double digits or a comeback seems impossible. Others hang in there to the end and will be critical on some posts, and hopeful on others. With the closeness of the last two games, some thought it was over when the Cavs went up 84-76. In essence it was over since the Pistons never got to 84.

If you are watching game at home by yourself or with your disinterested spouse, then Chat is the place to vent and criticize all the way to the end.!!:swear2::gaah:

19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

One thing I noticed is that when Gibson defended Tay, he was quick enough to get in and poke some balls away. Reminds me of how DWade played him in the past. Tay needs to hold that ball away from the defender, which he normally does.

20. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I kind of expected a flurry by the Cavs, but it's still a one man show. The others finally got some points is all. The big hurt was Rip's lack of offense. 7 points?? He gets his usual and it's no contest.