1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

ECF Game 3 At Cleveland May 27th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 25, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

ECF Game 3 At Cleveland May 27th, 8:30 PM

TV - TNT

The scene changes to Cleveland as it could very well be the Cavs up 2-0, however, the Pistons are up after two hard fought games at the Palace. Let`s see if some home cooking helps loosen up the Cavs a bit.

Going back to last years playoffs the Pistons have beat the Cavs 7 of the last 8 games.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We are road warriors so I expect the Pistons will grind out at least one game in Cleveland, either game 4 or 6, but I think game 3 goes to the Cavs.

Our halftime speeches have been a godsend these playoffs, but we need to be ahead at the half instead of fighting back in the third.

Before this series started, the benchmarcks were that the Cavs had to score 90 to guarantee a win vs. the Pistons and the Pistons had to hold the Cavs under 90 to guarantee a win. Well the Pistons have done their part with defense and as long as scores like that hold up, the Pistons should prevail.

If you recall, the Pistons beat the Bulls when they held them under 90, but lost the two where they scored over 90.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wouldn't be surprized if the Pistons played all of these games close. Our shooting seems to have gone south for several players. Our defense shows up when needed. Game 3 goes to the Pistons 88-84.......

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Cleveland is going to get a lot of calls. Just wait. Cavs 27-19 after 1....Hopefully the Pistons can grind out the win after that.

5. Dlev59

6. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, that's where'd I want to be. Down 0-2 to a team that has been in the ECF 5 straight times, the Finals twice and won it all in 2004. Dumbasses....

Anyway, here's to Chauncey taking some shots, Tayshaun and C-Webb finding their shots, and 'Sheed...just playing like 'Sheed! CHEERS! :cheers:

7. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I believe that Detroit is more prepared for game 3 than the cav's. The games were way too close for detroit to take anything for granted. i think they will come out more focused. I think that the Cav's will jump out in the beginning, only to lose cofidence by 2nd quarter's end. The pistons will look for lebron to be more aggressive, but he will be in foul trouble and will have to sit out he 3rd quarter. tay will have his showing in the second quarter and will be the assist leader. Webber will elbow Z in the eye and get fined behind closed doors without a suspension, about 3 dollars and a high 5. Detroit will play more man to man. What else?? Detroit will when by 14pts.

8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, but the Pistons should not have problems scoring in triple digits. Flip Sr. was brought in to shore up the offense.

9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'd love to think this was true and maybe it will be. Unfortunately, to me it has seemed that the only thing that the Pistons take from these unnecessarily close games is something along the lines of: "We won. We love that kind of game. That's where we're comfortable. That's EC playoff basketball. That's our way." (As opposed to something like: "these games were way too close. we are taking them for granted. we need to come out more focused in game 3.")

But i really hope i'm wrong here.

10. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

I have a feeling that if the pistons are within 8 points with 1 quater to go they will win this. Look for prince to score 10-15 points and the pistons to score in the 90's. A lil bit more jmax wouldnt hurt :)

11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Kepping in mind the Cavs avg twice as many O boards @ home than on the road (in the playoffs). As long as we rebound the D glass well this contest should be no more worrisome than the last two. Holding them below 80 will be fine with me.

12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I dunno. I admit to being confused by the last two games. Alot of times I thought we were playing okay, and the score was close. Then we were playing really well for a spell and the score was still close. Then we played really badly, and the score was even closer and we won by 3.

Also I'm not sure this is the usual Pistons malaise. I'm beginning to wonder whether our team, as a team, not individually is flattening out some. I see the desire for the win, and I see the effort for the win, but what I don't see is the shots falling and the propensity for dominance on the offensive end.

There is a certain staleness setting in, but maybe it just seems that way because I really hate this "grind-it-out-who-can-play-uglier-and-not-lose" style.

This worries me. I sure would like to see a solid performance of our offense before we go into the Finals. If we play 4-7 grind it out games against this team and then try to kick it up another level for the Finals, I don't know. It just worries me.

Where is our team from Games 1 and 2 in the Bulls series? We haven 't seen them for a while, as a team. Yeah Sheed, Rip, JMaz playing well...but as a team. We need our whole team playing at a high level real real sooon.

The Spurs may have gotten creamed last night, but they look better than we do right now and they've had to play better opponents, which makes you sharp. Tired yeah but also sharp. They aren't playing down to anyone, they are playing their game. Let's play our game Detroit!

C'mon Pistons! Show us what you got!!! Show us who's ready to roll right through the Cavs and pick up speed and power as we approach the Finals! Let's go to Work!

We Need Shot Selection and Made Shots! DO IT!!! Go Pistons!

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Hopefully, the talented Pistons running on all cylinders show up tonight. All the pressure is on Cleveland. They're in the 2-0 hole, not us. I expect King James to get about 35 tonight but I think he'll take a lot of shots to do it. As my buddy Jim Calhoun will tell ya, rebounding and defense wins games. If they outrebound us by a lot, we lose.

14. Dlev59

I don`t think the Pistons can afford to get too far behind in this game, then pull out a win.

The enrgy from the crowd will inspire the Cavs, resulting in the refs becoming dazed and confused by the noise.

Creating an atmosphere of total chaos.........hopefully the Pistons will "RISE UP" (borrowing the Cav`s motto for a second) and still get the win!

15. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

hee hee

16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I hate to say it but I think we are going to get pasted tonight. Cleveland didn't even have a winning road record this year yet they were 30-11 at home. They play a zillion times better at home. Plus they must win game three. Going down 0-3 would be lights out. Their backs are to the wall. It is also time for Cleveland to get some home cooking with the whistles. Detroit had the benefit of the whistles in my opinion and now Cleveland probably will. I don't like that but that seems to be life in the NBA as we see it. Mount Sheed should be erupting tonight. Add to all of that, our Pistons don't like doing thing the easy way, I'm seeing a demolition tonight. Hope I am wrong.

Wow, as I reread this post, is sure sounds depressing. My smiley face was supposed to be down here instead of at the top but I am too stupid to figure out how to put it down here. Smiley face.

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

With this being a holiday weekend, loaded with our favorite refreshments, AND with The Tigers being on ESPN, and after watching KIll Bill over Two charcoal grilled burgers and 6 glasses of HEFEwiessen, I PREDICT this will be the greatest chat ever and Pistons AND Tigers will win by 5!!!! :pound: LETS GO BABAY!!

18. max

max All-Star

I have a feeling that this game will be very different. Someone is going to break out of the scoring funk and since the Pistons have many more options and James is not playoff tested I say its going to be the Pistons walking off with this one.

Pistons play better on the road which I believe negates any advantages the Cavs have at home. Except for a few more calls going James way but that will only further inspire the Pistons.

19. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

This game is the coffin game for the Cavs. We win and good night King.

20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This should be a pretty easy game for us to win...considering they've stolen every gimmick from the Palace. This'll be like a home game.