1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

ECF Game 2 Cleveland May 24 8PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 22, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like our starters decided to mail it in after they hit their first three shots. The bench actually outscored the starters 20-18. With the exception of Hunter, they played well enough on the offenseive end, but gave up those 3-three balls to Damon Jones and Daniel Gibson. We have shut down Z, but once again we are letting Sideshowbob=Verajo dominate in the paint with points, boards and flops. LBJ is trying to silence his critics and doing a good job at it

Meanwhile other than Sheed, the four starters are 4-18 shooting and have 7 of the 8 turnovers.

Hopefully the Flips halftime speech is a wake up call for Rip and Tay. CB can't wait for the 4th qtr baby...Go Pistons!!

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

This team seems to enjoy treading water in the first half before getting serious in the second half. I don't like it and not because it's irritating as a fan. This kind of mentality spells defeat in a 7-game Finals series. And it could spell defeat in an ECF.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I did my superstitious part in closing my streams and chat and look they make a comeback. I cross my fingers and look for the recaps!

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

No reason for these games to be this close. Pistons are playing down to their competition. LeBron will get PLENTY of calls in Cleveland. Completely ridiculous to keep the Cavs in this game. This game was a total, steaming turd turned in by Detroit.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You better believe he will.

Let`s just get a split in Cleveland and end this thing in 5!

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Maxiell getting more love from the announcers than LeBron...

The refs not bailing out LBJ in crunch time...

Sheed coming up huge...

Priceless.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Except for JASON....MAXIELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

nice energy. loved those dunks early on

8. roscoe36

Sheed just lost it on the podium talking about Varejao. Watch for the pressers to be posted later ....

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Not sure how the Pistons pulled this one out...a catastrophic 2nd quarter was followed by a terrific 3rd, but they were choking like dogs in the last few minutes with multiple horrible turnovers. After getting EVERY call all night long, the Cavs finally got some karma coming back at them as the Pistons got some breaks in the last minute. Though I did think Rip's D on LeBron on the last possession was solid...and then Rasheed DROPPED THE REBOUND to give Hughes a wide-open 8 footer that would have won the game. Fortunately for us, he gagged, and Sideshow Bob's follow didn't go either.

Sheed was big in the 4th quarter, but CB had another lousy game, in spite of hitting a couple of big shots during the second half comeback. Rip had a pretty bad game, and where the heck has Tay gone? He was literally invisible for almost the entire game...1 point, 4 boards, and 4 assists in 41 minutes?!?!

JMax was an absolute hero tonight, especially in the first half when he came in early after Sheed got 2 fouls and Dice was bleeding from getting hit in the mouth. The Brahma bricks from the FT line were rough, only 1-6, but he attacked the rim with such ferocity that it barely mattered. Pretty nice contribution from Delfino as well, hitting a couple of threes and making some nice hustle plays. He outproduced Tay in only 11 minutes.

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wow, what a mess. Don't cry for the Cavs, refers had given them all they need to win the game. We didn't win but they lost.
    Anyway, a win is a win. Gotta love Maxiel lots lots and lots the way this guy attack the rim always make me nod and nod and nod.

11. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Pistons did not 'deserve' to get BOTH of these 2 games, they should feel very fortunate.

Gotta get Tay more rest so he can put some of his energy onto the offensive end.

Great win, don't get me wrong, but the Stones are playing with fire right now.

12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Great win,
    Have to love Flip letting the bench HELP the team. Great games by JMax, Delfino, and Dice.

Detroit is like the energizer bunny. It's scary, teams are up, but Detroit thinks they are going to win, and the other team is worried they are going to lose, and in the end, Detroit wins.

13. roscoe36

:thumb:

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

One encouraging stat from tonight is that the rebounding was better. Only 39-37 Cleveland, with 11 offensive boards for each team.

But the Pistons had 18 turnovers! :swear2:

15. roscoe36

Rasheed Wallace postgame presser in MP3 audio...

Attached Files:

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers/Detroit Pistons Box Score Thursday May 24, 2007 - Yahoo! Sports

OLDCAP:

- WIERD BOXSCORE

- Tay 0-8 FG's. 1-19 in series. who DOES he think he is ? Placido Polanco? Webb must establish a high/low with him next game.

- Varajeo 23 pts and 22 rebounds , Gooden 10 pts and 6 rebounds . Pick ur poison. Id rather have Gooden on the bench. his head is gonna be diluted for Game 3. becuase Coach Mike has shown he cant count on him.

- Z cant go from 22 points to 3!!!!???? Mike will be replaced when they lose this series. Watch! I see Carlisle or Hubie...LB? hmmmm

- Delfino was big. In conrol. Missed a dipsy do layup. but if he gains 10 lbs next year, we can cut 12 minutes off tay and Rip's game.

_ Chaunce better wake the hell up. He needs to facilitate the O by conceeding to Webber early at the Ft line.

- Cavs outscored us 34-18 in the 2nd. Other than that, it WAS all us.

- Bronstone aint ready. And any franchise who sets their fortune on a 22 yr old should be damned! Dont worry, James will not finish his carreer in Cleveland. Would u?

- Damon Jones is still a sisssy punk!

- Miller lite is awesome!!
    6 TO GOOO!

17. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

One thing I don't think we'll do much better on and one thing I wouldn't be surprised if we cut in half.

Sheed was a beast. :)

18. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Hit 2 huge 3's.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another ground out game that should not be this close based on Pistons DNA, another 79-76 win for the "lucky" pistons, another 3 days of media questioning if Labron waited to long to drive, did he get fouled, and maybe a small mention that Hughes missed a wide open 5 pointer with 5 seconds left. We dodged another bullet when Sideshow (Verajo) missed a tip in with 3.5 seconds left.

The Cavs and their fans must be livid... Mike Brown was at the end of the game, but was calm at the post game podium.

Thank you Sheed stepping up in the 4th. These games wouldn't be this close if we could get 10-15 points from Tay.....but alas, at least he is slowing down LBJ a little. The brahma came up huge, but that 1-6 free throw shooting could have come back to haunt us.:sssh: And lets not mention Billups 5 TO's and Webbers 9 point blank misses around the hoop..

Should we even play the games is Cleveland?? If we had 16 fouls called on us in this game, there will be 32 in games 3 & 4, especially with the controversy of the last non call. Garb one in Cleveland and I think they wake up and blow them out in game 5.

20. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

My biggest worry is now going to Cleveland, will it be enough of an edge for them to pull out both wins?

Tight games at home are one thing against the Spurs, but not Cleveland.