ECF Game 2 Celtics vs Pistons Thurs May 22 8:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 21, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pistons will win the next two in Detroit, Boston takes game 5, its over in 6 next Friday..........

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I told y'all. This is a special year. Anything can happen.

But nothing is better than stealing a game in Boston, from the most arrogant fans in the league.

I hope Bill Simmons has nightmares of Rasheed's bald spot all night.

3. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

I'm sorry but Rodney Stuckey rules

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'm sorry for my comments and im proud of this win, but Game 3 will be the legacy maker for this team. This was US against the world (even me) because ESPN was crap tonight!!!

5. max

max All-Star

Great win and this definetly swings it the Pistons way. Stole home court for what thats worth as Celts still would get game 7 at home.

Gutty win, great execution down the stretch. Stucky making a name for himself. Rip and Dyess stepping up huge. Have to thank the league too for giving us a seasoned ref crew that did not get influenced by the crowd.

My only complaint would be that Ratliff has been worthless out there and if your main complaint for not playing AJ is because of fouls, Theo was a foul waiting to happen out there combined with that one bone headed play when he tripped over the ball as it was going out of bounds giving it to the Celts. Anyway. Afflalo's 26 secs out there could have been the difference in this one.

Just a great win and the Celtics are a very good team. One thing though, even though Ray Allen is heating up they seem to mainly go with the hot hand ignoring the other big 2. If this holds where either Allen or Pierce go on runs but not at the same time its going to help negate Allen getting over his slump. We will see.

Going to be a good game on Sat.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That is WTF I am talkin' about! This might be the big one Elizabeth! DET closed quarters strong and (GASP!) scored some easy buckets courtesy of Dyess.

They started both halves with their offense going backwards and took a while to get going, but they really did a nice job going forward after that.

I watched this at my in-laws and I'm pretty certain they'll be talking to divorce attorney's tomorrow. I haven't been this into a game in a long, long time.

Am I the only one who gets so upset dwelling on CB & Rips missed free throws until my eye starts twitching?

The last 2 minutes took 20 years off my life.

Stuckey did what DET has needed the last few years. Guard points off the bench. A rough start but nice finish.

H-U-G-E game on Saturday. A must win. Do not give this back.

DET has some class too. Hate too see that in the finals. Where is chest pounding and flexing?

Woo!

7. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

:pound:

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pistons fought back really hard in the 3rd quarter to preserve their halftime lead after coming out like crap to start the 2nd half. That was really big.

Stuckey preserved the lead with huge minutes early in the 4th, and the starters just flat-out brought it home. Both teams were executing really well and hitting some amazing shots down the stretch. What a great feeling to come out on top when that happens!

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

You definitely need to chill if that was bothering you...LOL. Pistons were 28-32 from the line tonight! Rip and CB were 17-20. You really can't ask for more than that from the line.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I said nearly the exact same thing in chat. I feel about 100 tonight.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

AA played guys!! See, in his 12 second he caused a win. LOL

I haven't watched. I just got home a little while ago from a final. I have another final in the morning. I'm passing out, but i'm so pumped.

I'm so glad i Tivo'ed it.

Looks like Ray Allen found his stroke.

Also looks like we pushed tempo. I'm too tired to read the entire thread, but had to post so i could put 60 !!!!!!!!!!! of happiness.

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I actually felt pretty confident down the stretch. Definitely nervous, but I mostly had a good feeling they'd be able to pull it out.

13. max

max All-Star

You know I thought the same thing with about 4 mins left that 100 would be what they needed to get to.

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

You won't believe the last few minutes of the game. Amazingly clutch plays, definitely like a vintage matchup of the best teams of the '80s.

15. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Stuckeybuns was spectacular.

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE DIFFERNCE MAKER............

[​IMG]

WHERE HE GOES, WE GOES,,,,its just that simple!

17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Sheed was REALLY big in the 2nd half after a bad first half, but this was absolutely a team effort. How about CB with 19 points, 7 assists, and 0 turnovers? And that was in 32 minutes. Nice job by Flip in managing his time on the floor. Of course, Stuckey's terrific clutch play had something to do with that as well.

18. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Very memorable game. Great performances on both ends of the court from all five starters. Stuckey was a tremendous spark off the bench. Reminiscent of some of our best games during the 2004 playoff run, when we were really playing as a team and with great intensity. Pistons were extremely composed under pressure (far more than Boston, which committed a number of dumb and untimely fouls down the stretch). It did admittedly get nerve-wracking in the final two minutes, particularly after Allen hit that three.

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Let's also give it up for Dice. He's been very, VERY solid in the first two games, particularly in the first half at times when some of the other guys have been struggling to get going.

20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

He will be traded this summer in a package deal.