ECF Game 2 Celtics vs Pistons Thurs May 22 8:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 21, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Same time same place

tv: ESPN 8:30PM

Hopefully the Pistons will make the necessary adjustments.
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

We win at a 95% clip when AA plays in the first half. We lose at a 50% clip when he doesn't. Quit screwing with fate and get him in the game in the first half.

I don't care if it is fate, luck, voodoo etc. These are the stats. Don't mess with it and get him in the game. I don't care if you stand him in the corner picking his nose. Getting him in gives us a win more times then not.

What is so hard to understand? :stirthepot:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If we don't play Amir and AA, we will lose in the [strike]first[/strike] [strike]second[/strike] third round.

We are still the archetype for dominance. This is going to be a long, drawn-out blood bath.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

All I am saying is that there is some power greater then us all that has decided that when he plays; we win 95% of the time. It can't be explained but if he plays the next game; and we win...?

Isn't the ultimate goal to win?
  5. roscoe36

I'm on your side honestly. AA is one of my fav players, although I think Amir is terribly overrated.

GO PISTONS!!!! :D
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Thats why he needs to stay on the inactive for the rest of the year, so Joe can get more than he is worth for him this summer.

I don't know about the rest of you but it is starting to get tiring trying to cling to a players hype when their on court performance is embarrassingly lacking in comparison.

For once I wish Joe would take advantage of the situation and swindle someone into giving up more than they should for one of our unproven guys before their stock drops.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Amir's on-court performance has ranged from good to absolutely fantastic.

Flip's inability to spot talent (defensive talent esp) and refusal to play him does not make him overrated.

Also if you saw when he was getting consistent PT, he was getting more and more comfortable and started to relax and not press at all. He was playing great, and then UTAH happened where he was yanked for no reason.

Ever since then Flip's been jerking him around. Amir is not Darko. Darko has some sort of mental block that Amir has shown absolutely no sign of. In fact his attitude has been the opposite, ad he's showed a maturity beyond someone his age in handling an obviously sucky situation.

Personally, i wish we'd stop hearing about potential and play the players already. This refusal to do is just contributing to the frustrating "hype".
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with you 100%, I've just given up the impossible task of convincing the virtual masses. So far, all indications are that Amir rises to the occasion when he is rewarded with playing time. He dives for loose balls, blocks shots, rebounds, makes unselfish passes, gets put back baskets, etc. He's pure energy, which most coaches love. He's the kind of player that LB would have rewarded with real PT. Darvin Ham with benefits.
  9. max

max All-Star

:pound:
    :pound:

Yea, whatever happend to accountability.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

9.65 DR
    CB should just stand at the arc and drain 3s on off.
    We shot like 37% and was still in the last game.
    43% and we win.
    Open the Reserve.
  11. roscoe36

:rolleyes:

Amir can play good at times. Disappear at others. Foul himself into oblivion with depressing regularity.

I listened to the Big O on Rome today, and it made me think of Amir. Some guys can't transition to the big show where they are not the biggest, the fastest or most athletic. In the NBDL, Amir was a giant among scrubs. In the NBA, he's at best a 9th man.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I hope Lee gets you for that.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I wanted Amir to make an impact this year soooooooo... bad. My belief is that he sits because he fouls too easily and then becomes a non-factor too often. Better luch next year. Put on the weight... :burgereater:
  14. roscoe36

You are so cute. Buddy.

:hoops:
  15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

He's not your buddy, guy!
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Those fouls are a product of his lack of PT, over exuberant youth which is exacerbated by lack of PT, and the fact that our perimeter defense is crap, and instead of letting everyone score like Dice, and (sometimes) Sheed do, he tries to contest. Also i can't even remember all the fouls he picked up that could solely be attributed to Arvis.

When he got consistent PT, his fouls went down. When his PT got taken away and he got these 2 min stints to impact the game when the game was already over, he started pressing again.

He hasn't seen enough time to warrant that 9th man distinction, and wouldn't it be nice if we could stop arguing about what Amir can/can't do, and actually see on the court ?

Flip seems to think if he plays Amir, the Celts would win the entire series is those 6 min.

edited to add;

At least the players seem to get that this loss was on the defense not the offense . . .

Detroit disappointed in defensive effort vs. Celtics - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com
    Now if only we can get Flip to play AA on Rondo/Perice specifically.
  17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I think this amir-hype was brought in to create excited atmosphere: overall it has been same starting5 for years and fans needed "fresh" stories.

But hype has never materialized and fans blame coach for that.

But nobody asked fans to buy hype...
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I want to do a poll about who will be here in the next years.
    Amir is gone. Had to go Darko for min. AA same. Stuck = Houston.
    I hope I'm wrong.
  19. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

As I've said before, I like Amir and want to see him out there too, but he really does foul a lot and it's a major flaw in his game. He was in constant foul trouble in the D-League last year, and that was when he was starting and tearing up the league. He's one of the league leaders in fouls per minute this year. Lots of guys learn how to play D without getting into foul trouble. Amir needs to get stronger and play more under control or he's never going to get reliable minutes.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So how does that work, you got 5 min. to use and 5 fouls to use. Free chili ?
    He blocks as well as anyone.