ECF Game 1 Celtics vs Pistons Tues May 20 8:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 18, 2008.

1. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Chat just won't work for me hardly anymore.
  2. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

the empty glass with a bead of condensation on the outside of it is apparently half full.
  3. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Fix is in, Boston to the finals. 6 times in and the Braves syndrome still is there. Bah
  4. max

max All-Star

Well that was a bust. Give them a long 2nd round series and they get tired, a short one and they get rusty. Does not seem like the Pistons have any edge comming into any series.

Maybe they will win the next one. One win will still make this a highly successfull trip.
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

That, my friends, was a steaming pile of s--t. Nice game, Pistons. Is this what we'll be treated to for the next two weeks?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They played a horrible game, and barely lost to Boston.

We can so beat these guys. All the Celts did was hold serve.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ME E ITHER oz..IM DONE ...AND i'M SPENT. It was like we just soooooo good , we can GIVE AWAY games to a team with :
    1. a 66-16 record
    2. that beat us 3-1 in reg season
    3. that has won 15 straight home games
    4. that just finished a 7 game series with Lebron less than 48 hrs ago
    5. when we had 6 days to prepare

I luv the old posters, but these new hiphop posters aint 4 me...see yall.
  8. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

We're lucky we just lost by 9.

Whats going on with these guys man? I cant believe they just left the game slip out of their hands. I'm not saying they could have won the game easily, but come on, they were always trailing by no more than 4 points. Somebody turned the switch off and in the 2nd half they never went to the line as they did on the first. They just started to take contested shots and shooting bricks (Rasheed Wallace the main guy in this last area).

I think Flip turned the team's switch Off again. I really had a good feeling about this game, but it became a nightmare.

Tired of Rasheeds inconsistency. I think I have never seen a guy miss shooting ALL bricks. He made 3/12, those 9 were completely bricks.

Anyways, the Celtics shot 50%, which is bullsh*t. And Pierce just made whatever he wanted to.

I still believe the Pistons are gonna win this series... but they need the attitude they're currently lacking.
  9. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I agree with Sir Roscoe. Rip absolutely killed us with his turnovers. Or, it seemed that way. Chauncey was understandably slow-looking. Not because of the injury, but because of his recent ECF performances. Pierce travels every time he jab-steps. I just don't see us taking the series for some reason. We played like crap in the third quarter. No one seemed to learn how to correct their mistakes, which isn't a good sign.
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

thanks. syg....................:)
  11. deathray

deathray Second Round Draft Pick

Well, I've been lurking on your site for years, and finally signed up a few months ago. I was living overseas for the past 8 years, and found your site an interesting supplement to the normal coverage. I suppose now is as a good a time as any for a first post after checking out the chat. It's funny how many have come to expect this type of performance. I know I did. That's the frustrating thing about this team. You write them off, they come on strong. You expect success, they shoot blanks.

The offense seemed out of sync. Not enough assists. Too many turnovers. Holding the ball too long (what was with the repeated Tay against the world plan early in the game?). I suppose Billups coming back into the fold after a layoff didn't help, but it's not like he is new to the team. Did he seem tentative, or is he still injured? Boston's "D" is good, but the Pistons seemed to stop themselves as happens so often.

I suppose now that I've come out of the forum closet, I'll have to post once in awhile....
  12. roscoe36

Yeah, please make it a habit. :)

Welcome. It's great to see you signed up. Hopefully chat is not so miserable in the remaining games. :D :gun1: :yellowprison:
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

1 down and still 4 to go. We still got a chance to win one in Boston. Kind a rusty tonight though ...

We are not going to beat the Celtics scoring 79 points..in fact in the 4 games we have played them this year we have not scored more than 87 points and the last two we couldn't top 80...:yellowprison:

Billups claimed he was 100%, but I doubt he was at 75%, he missed 2 Ft and only had 2 assists??

Rip and Sheed were invisible in the first half, but we still were within 1 because of the play of Dice and Stuckey. Sheed did not even dominate when KG was out, but hit some shots over PJ and Perkins in the 4th.

I think when they gave up that 6-0 run to end the half, it gave the Celtics some momentum. The game was lost in the third qtr with the 7 turnovers
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

That was straight and to the point. great point!! GREAT POSTS..not full of yourself at all...WELCOME!
  15. deathray

deathray Second Round Draft Pick

Nice to enter the exchange. I haven't met many fans since my return (insane, since I am back in the Detroit area).

I still don't understand the inexplicable lack of ball movement. They know they need to move the ball around to win, yet they abandon this strategy all of the time. I know the opposing "D" has something to do with it, but they didn't even appear to try and spread them out tonight.

What did they practice since the end of the Orlando series?

I agree with some of the other comments. They clearly could have won this game playing as bad as they did. I only wonder how long Boston will stay quiet. Allen is bound to wake up one of these days.....
  16. ggazoo69

Sure, in their minds, they can. This team needs to stop being metaphysical and start getting physical. :MusicBigGrin:
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

<p>Well, many of you Piston "fans" got what you wanted tonight. Hunter. Theo. No Afflalo. No Amir. And the Pistons looked bad.</p>

<p>Many of you are so enthralled with our starters that you would want Billups to play in a game when he was clearly not ready to play. Someone said he was not at full speed. He was not at half speed. But hey, Flip can do what he wants, cause the fans don't seem to care. At least a vocal minority of them, who I am directing this venom at.</p>

<p>For those of you who think Flip can do no wrong, please change. Join the fans who do care about us winning, and start demanding Flip play Afflalo and Amir to shore up our defense, to add youth to our rotation, just as Dumars wants. Demand that Flip not do what he did tonight, play players only so that he would not have to play Amir and Afflalo.</p>

<p>Hunter played way too much. He did hit one three. Great. Thats it though. Imagine how many hustle plays we could have gotten from a youngster like Afflalo. Anyone see Theo be of any help at all out there? Nope. But since he is on the team, and so many of you actually believe young, energetic players should not play - so many actually go along with Flip's non-sensical line that you can't have more than one young player on the floor, while having the local nursing home's residents all out there all at once is just fine, ok, this is a runon sentence. Quit giving Flip any breaks. Call in on the call in shows and demand better.</p>

<p>If you you post about the game, demand better. And direct some anger at Dumars for allowing this non-sense to go on.</p>

<p>Sheed played pretty much the entire 1st half. Why? He started the game out 1 for 6. Not exactly hot. He did make two consecutive buckets at one point, but otherwise very predictably had a terrible 2nd half to match a not so great first half. And that 3 he took when we were down 6 and desperately needed a 2 point bucket - that was pure "bad Sheed." What was he thinking.</p>

<p>Tay had his moments, but was outclassed by Pierce. Funny, but our bench never helped at all as far as trying to wear Pierce out. You know, we actually have Hunter as the guy playing to spell Tay. What a huge dropoff. Boston must be laughing right now, thinking why not send the local highschool team out at us next time if that is all we got.</p>

<p>Dyess had a good first half. Too old though. Nothing in the 2nd half.</p>

<p>JMAX hit a jumper, had some nice bounds, not much else.</p>

<p>Rip hit some shots, and turned the ball over some.</p>

<p>Hayes did not play. Amir was dressed. I assume that Samb, Dixon, and Herrmann are the guys not dressed.</p>

<p>One more point. With Stuckey in and Billups on the bench, we pulled this thing to within 6. In comes Billups. Why? Just because he is a vet. Not a good reason. Flip, do better. One, start Stuckey next game. Two, sure play Billups, but minimally. Three, do not play Hunter. Too old. Next, play Afflalo and Amir. Pretty simple. Get over your "fright" of playing young players. Do not label players. Just play your best ones.</p>
  18. roscoe36

Jean Francois, it's all good cousin. I knew we might be in for a six or seven game series, which means 2 or 3 losses, if not 4. This is only one loss.
  19. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

It seemed like the Pistons were not mentally ready for this game, while the Celtics were. I expected the opposite. But the Pistons are predictably unpredictable, and they can still bounce back with a great game on Thursday.
  20. ggazoo69

How are these two things even related?

If the Pistons use the "We were rusty" argument, I'm going to scream. Celtics come off two back-to-back 7-gamers, are ripe for the picking, and Detroit comes out with little heart. I'm not discouraged, but I do think an opportunity has slipped away.