ECF Finals game 5 8PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 30, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This game was like pulling teeth. The Pistons never seemed in any kind of control. They were not consistent. They turned the ball over at the crucial times, again, and their D just fell apart when it mattered most. Also, after playing all the minutes they probably won't have enough gas for the game 6. Maybe Flip should try younger guys, but he just won't. Why not bring in AJ for some burn. Tay came off the bench in the playoffs and won a starting role on the team. This is sad.

2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Low I have oficially crossed over to the dark side with you. Can't watch this crap anymore.

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'll still do VSL, but only because I don't have to look at any of these assfaces during that time.

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and wtf is tnt talking baseball with tony gwynn? im really startin 2 lose it now.........................................

5. Pwn Toney

Misery typically loves company, but not this time. These guys win one stinkin title and it's been nothing but BS, smirks, and excuses ever since. You know what....let Billups go to Denver. Let half of the rest of these idiots retire just admit we have no desire to seriuosly win. We just want a lockerroom of "good guys" that are loyal and toe the company line. Let's toss Acker, Blalock, Johnson, and Maxiell with a little Delfino in there and call it good until 2012 when we might be able to resurface with real players.

6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Probably eat Lebron.

King James Crab anyone?

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The real shame is that Dice probably played his last game this season and won't get a chance to even contribute.

I would fire Flip now and make TP coach the remaining game(s)

Three 8 point leads and we never extended in to double digits.

At least three questionable calls in the end especially when Born bumped Cb and then he gets the fanthom call

At least three layups by Labron in OT and crunch time...none by the Pistons...and nobody tried stand there to take a charge..

29 out of the last 30 pts for labron..

and finally all we got out of that Labron draft was Darko and then a expiring Cato contract:frusty:

8. LA Dre

Tony Gwynn's face is as big as Bonds :sssh:

9. Pwn Toney

I actually saw Tayshaun wince and get out of the way on a James drive. I officially hate this team like the rest of the country.

10. LA Dre

Tony Gwynn's fathead is as big as Bonds:sssh:

11. anakin

Steroids are a myth. It was just pain cream. :pound:

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dice better not get suspended for that Flagrant 2. Not after Gooden got away with mugging Sheed in game 4, and Lebron got away with Kobe contact earlier.

Right now, I'm just really disappointed. If they suspend McDyess, I will be livid.

13. Pwn Toney

I'm pissed....now my gf is pissed at me for being pissed. I'm out until VSL

Catch you guys then.

14. LA Dre

They all got out of the way Low. The guy is quick, but someone needs to learn how to step in a take a charge.

Time for dumars to offer 4 players to LA for Kobe as we need a superstar too.

15. anakin

He is quick but not someone who should be able to beat off the dribble. Lebron is a big man and I just find it suprising that no one can stay in front of him. Wade is quick.

16. roscoe36

The only problem is that the refs treat Kobe like a red-headed step child. If he got away with what LeBron and Wade do, he would be absolutely unstoppable.

17. mikhail1973

Welcome to the club, man. My wife is also pissed at me for being pissed about Pistons.

:yellowprison:

18. mikhail1973

Roscoe, you know that refs do not decide the outcome of the series. They'll give some "stars" calls, but if you shoot jump shots you won't get to shoot throws. Who on the Pistons team would get the ball and go to the hole? Right, no one. Even CM, who is by no means a superstar, gets plenty of calls because he takes the ball and drives hard.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I will start this off saluting James. He made the shots. With that said, the next thing I will mention is our coaching. How in the heck do you leave Maxiell out of most of the OT's. Webber scored 20 in this game, but his lack of movement on D gave up a lot more than that. I don't have time to read everyone's comments tonight. My daughter graduated tonight, kind of took up some of my time.

Rip seemed invisible for much of the first half, but in the 2nd half, he hit shot after shot plus made a ton of free throws. CB scored plenty, including what could have been his biggest shot just about ever, if we had won the game. Back to that great game by James. And Webber. That huge 3 he took, with Webber running after him, well, it should have been Maxiell running after him, and he should not have been able to get the shot off.

Stupidest coaching of the year award has to go to Flip for not telling his team to wait until 4 seconds on the shot clock to shoot the ball. We shot with 7 seconds still on the shot clock, 11 seconds to go in the game. An eternity. Considering we continually failed to stop Bron late, how in the world do you fail to use the clock to your advantage in that situation. Cleveland would have been going into the 3rd overtime with virtually no players left.

Its not over. Just like last season, Cleveland got up 3-2. We prevailed. We can prevail again, but Flip has to recognized that Maxiell must start. And Dale Davis should be coming off the bench, not Webber. No way Webber can score enough to make up for his statue routine whenever Cleveland drives in.

A quick comment on Dyess. Questionable. But it was a pretty hard foul to the area of the head and neck of Verajao. Did it hurt us any? I don't think so. If anything, it made Flip play better defenders.

Its late. I got lots more to say but I got to be at work all too soon. Keep the faith. GO PISTONS!!!!!

20. roscoe36

I'm gunna go out on a limb here, but that McDyess foul was basically the turning point. It shortened our rotation, it put Maxiell in for the final minutes, and it changed the way the refs called the game, because they seemed to call every ticky tack foul in the 2nd Q, which basically robbed us of any chance at momentum.

Not saying Dice was right or wrong. Just that after the foul, the pace of the game changed dramatically.