ECF Finals game 5 8PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 30, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

They changed it from Three to Four Championship Drive after the Shock won the WNBA title.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Whoops, it's 5 Championship Drive, the Shock have two titles...CBill holding the Four sign was after the Pistons won in '04.
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

The Spurs Game 5 win over the Jazz was a clinic in execution. They dominated from the get go and made the Jazz look like a JV team. Amazing performance.
  4. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

But the Shock have won the title twice..........So it should currently be "Five Championship Drive", but her Avatar says "4".....................
    I'm seeing the smell, and hearing the taste of victory at the Palace.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Right, Nemo. See my other post that I put up before your latest.
  6. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

One minute apart. Wow............
  7. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

I am a new poster to the board, but read it religiously as lurker. I agree Anakin. I was just talking with my wife about this on the way home. It kind of drives home the analogy of studying. If the two teams could be compared to students, the Spurs are the A+ students. They study hard, and prepare ahead of time. They don't screw around. The Pistons, who are like me are procrastinators, I wait till the last minute, cause I feel I can turn it on and hopefully ace the paper or exam. I know its not good for me and perhaps I will get burned one day for it, but I do it cause I don't see the sense in doing the assignment ahead of time cause its boring, takes discipline, and its more exciting to do it at the last minute, you get this rush of snatching victory from defeat. Regardless, I really do hope we get game 5 tonight, cause we need it in the worst way.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I kinda see the Low as the Patron Saint of Dis-believers.
  9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Please post often Vincy.

Good anology. Well, right now the Pistons are at the brink of flunking this class, or recieving an incomplete.

Tonight will tell us what grade they deserve.
  10. vincy4fish98

Thanks Dlev. I will see if I can join you all in chat tonight, that is if I am not going crazy jumping back and forth between the computer and the TV.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Here's hoping that it goes to 6 Championship drive by the end of June and 7 Championship drive at the end of August:)

Pistons.:first: :first: :first: 2007 = :first:??

Shock:winner_first_h4h: :winner_first_h4h: 2007= :winner_first_h4h:??
  13. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Looking forward to a great game from the Pistons. We need to show some more urgency on the defensive end to set up some easy baskets on the offence. Stick in Dice and Jmax for some energy and let the starters rest a little more. Playing them for the whole first quarter doesnt seem to be working. Lets give them our best shot and we shoud be able to win this game easily. Lets play some basketball.......
  14. vincy4fish98

With McDyess ejected looks like some other bigs may be called upon before the night is over. Dale Davis perhaps?
  15. vincy4fish98

Thoughts as we go into halftime. I am glad we have a one point lead going into the half. We need it psychologically. I don't like the feel/flow of this game. Even when we were up 7-8 points I never felt secure. I don't feel like the Pistons are establishing any type of separation with the Cavs. The best I can describe it is that we were treading water, instead of really punching it to the floor.

Maxiell is getting a lot of burn tonight because of McDyess. As expected Dale Davis is getting some burn as well. Nice to see the goon squad reunited for brief periods. Even though Webber has 11 points, I don't feel as if the points alone are contributing enough to our cause.

Daniel Gibson is for real. The kid plays smart and keeps attacking the rim and knocks down the free throws. He is really being baptized under fire. I hope we get more separation in the 2nd half. Stay Tuned....
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Dice ejection was a biggie with flagrant 2. If the Pistons lose this one it will loom large, but if the Pistons win, the league may suspend Dice for game 6 just assure that this one goes seven.

The other significant thing in the first half is that the Pistons had an 8 point lead and Mike Brown rolled the dice and kept Labron on the bench for 4.5 minutes and we gave up the lead instead of extending it out to double digits.
  17. vincy4fish98

Hi Dre. Good point, I didn't think of that. I hope the league doesn't suspend McDyess from a game 6 but you never know.....
  18. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Deflated after this loss. Don't know what to say. Pistons gave away a winnable game. Series over.:hanged2:
  19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

A LAYUP

A FREAKING LAY UP????
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Credit to LeBron for hitting some insane shots. No credit to the Pistons for getting beat by a one-man team. Call me a bandwagon-a#$ cat if you will, but I'm not sure I even want to watch Game 6 now...and I'm definitely not going to watch my usual ESPN shows, since they'll all be proclaiming LeBron as the arrival of the Messiah. I'm at least 90% sure that the season is over now. They can restore my faith with a win in Game 6, but I'm not counting on it.