ECF Finals game 5 8PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 30, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The pivotal Game 5.

That`s what we all will be hearing today as game time nears. This may very well be "The Defining game" for this current team. It also could be the last time this team as we know it, plays at the Palace, whether we want to admit it or not.

Will Billups break out of his funk? Can Sheed keep up his spectacular play and hold his emotions in check? Will C-Webb do anything in a consistent manner to help his team? Will Rip shake Pavlovich or whoever to get free coming off those aptented curls/screens for some easy mid-range jumpers? Who off the bench can come in provide energy, defense and scoring to jumpstart the offense and or defense when needed?

Finally, and perhaps most important - will Prince step up and be the leader that this team needs? He doesn`t have to have a monster game to be that leader. He must get into someone`s face if the situation merits. Call for the ball in the post or, tell someone (SHEED) to get in the post, put the team on his back for a few minutes,
    show some emotion, make that crucial stop!!

I know you can do it Tay, we are counting on you. Or, maybe you can start your leadership duties next year, with a totally different supporting cast and absolutely no chance at a championship.

2. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Gooooooooooood Morning Piston Fans! It’s Game Day! :cheerleader:

The first game of the “Best of Three” to settle the Eastern Conference Finals. This is not the time to give up on your Pistons. Keep the faith and support these guys we have loved for a long time.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'm feeling it...........
    Pistons win by a score of 92-73

4. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Wow, you're actually "bringing me down" which ain't easy to do as my spirits reside somewhere in the sub-basement.

I agree we have about a 10% chance of winning game 6. Gotta get it done tonight.

5. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Pistons need to be humble and go in with a quiet confidence and intent to kick %%%%%. Let LBJ get his, shut down the supporting cast. They also need to play uptempo and not play a grind it out style. Choke the life out them by half time.

6. anakin

DetNews Article:

Chauncey Billups walked into the Pistons' practice facility Wednesday and saw more than a few of his teammates wearing hang-dog expressions. He wasn't having any of that.
    "I told the guys, I said, 'Let's rock-and-roll, man. It's 2-2. It's a three-game series, and two of the games are at our place,' " Billups said.
    You wonder sometimes if he's whistling a happy tune or whistling in the graveyard.

I hope the attitude is much more loose and upbeat today.

7. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Right now things are not as bad as they seem, but if they lose tonight they are/will be done.

and that's a big if.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

IF we do win tonight, you should put a really huge thick black or florescent "X" through the number "11" at the top of the forum to emphasize and highlight what a humongous long awaited victory it was. :yo:

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A nice solid going away win by the Pistons tonight instead of a close nailbiter will deflate the Cavs momentum and have them in desperation mode on Saturday where the experienced team will win out. No need to take this seven.

IMO our backs are against the wall now based on the Pistons sputtering play and the Cavs momentum...no need to punctuate it by going down 3-2.

We already know that the nation wants to see if King James Cavs and Eva Longoria's Spurs...we just got disrupt that TV show with some Tommy Hearns sightings:)

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Word. :rockon::nod:

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

leavin for softball soon, the headin to the palace to tailgate and cheerin on the pistons!! my buddy took some pictures / video with his brand new camera last time, but getting him to upload is harder than getting me to actually take a camera to the game, so we'll see how long it takes to get those online.

12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

2 to 1 the Spurs play excellent ball after having a week long vacation courtesy of Deeeetroit Halfassbaaaaall!

13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I am sick and tired of hearing Mike Brown and the Cav`s saying, they have been here before (losing first two then winning three in a row)during a series with this team (Pistons) and how much better they are than last year.

We have really gave this team much confidence. I have never heard a team so confident, having to win 4 out of 5 games to win a series, in my life.

Well, like Dre said, a win tonight, IMO, will crush that confidence. The more convincing of a win, the more devastating the blow to the growing ego and confidence!

14. TwYcH

TwYcH First Round Draft Pick

I will be working legs out tonight (squats ect) and be thinking about the game the whole time.....

I can't wait. Ratings might be down on the NBA, but this sports fan will be watching.

DETROIT BASKETBALL

I have faith

15. anakin

C'mon low was that avatar really necessary at this stage? Funny, in a non-funny kinda way.

16. Pwn Toney

Just wait 'till they choke it away and I find the one the Xs on the eyes.

At least this avatar still has the chance of getting the object out of his throat.

17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:laugh:

18. Pistonchickforever

Pistonchickforever First Round Draft Pick

C'mon people, have some faith in your team. I'd prefer looking like an optimistic ass supporting them and being devasted if they blow it rather than predicting a choke job and finding myself surprisingly thrilled by their great comeback play. Show some strength of character and support our Pistons to win this one in 7!!!
    GO PISTONS!!!:hoops:

19. Pwn Toney

Well, at least I have bowling league and don't have to worry about concentrating on the game and throwing stuff at my TV.:ballchain

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Your Avatar is telling..............."Four Champions" on the sign when we currently have 3, and Billups the one holding the sign. The vibes are calling for Billups to score 20 with 10 assists and only 3 turnovers...
    Do I smell a big victory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)