ECF Finals game 5 8PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 30, 2007.

1. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Cavs are better in the 2nd and 4th and we are better in the 1st and 3rd...

1. Guess Flips good at pregame/halftime adjustments but bad at the ingame variety...
    2. I wish it was the opposite.
  2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well, decided not to sell my tix and i will be attending! yay.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is it possible you can get there early and slip a transcript of PF game 3 and game 4 threads to the assistant coaches to go over at halftime with the players????:)
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

unfortunately no, i have softball until 6 PM and will get to the palace closer to 7, joining my friend's tailgate already in progress. maybe one of them can do it for us! ;D
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Actually the 3rd qtr is the only qtr we're winning. They've had close leads after 1, better leads at the half and we catch up in the 3rd, only to lose in the 4th. The question is....what should the 1st half rotations look like in order to get that halftime lead??
    Should we sub Delfino and lindsey in earlier?? so that the starters can do a better job of closing out the half.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If we are still even at the 8 min mark, maybe bring in Hunter, Delfino and Max before the Cavs bring in Sideshow and Gibson. That way we insert some energy early and then close out the half on high note. Its sounds good in print, but sometimes it's our starters who start looking for the locker room early and lose focus prior to halftime.

We definitely need a 3 possession lead at the half to assure a W IMO
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

SAN ANTONIO 42, UTAH 19........10 MIN LEFT IN 2ND QTR!!!!!

NUFF SAID!!!
  8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

My thoughts. Detroit is a slow starter. Takes the guys awhile to warm up. Starting the 3rd, we're warmed up and rested, so we come out strong, but because of Flip's refusal to make have any kind of player rotation, we fade.

Flip has to make adjustments, but more important, he has to play Prince less, not a lot less, but not 45 minutes a game. Or at least more intelligent rotations. Why does Flip hate to sub in the 1st? Why does JMax have a career night and then an almost DNP the next game? Why does Delfino not get a chance at the 2, when Flip is stinking it up?

Enough of this stay the course crap, just keep playing the same way, and we'll win. Sometimes you have to adjust.
  9. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Spurs are playing out of this world right now but no one knows how they are gonna play in the Finals. We can only speculate and make predictions based on present succcess. No one knows what is gonna happen in the Finals, if they did the better go to Vegas and cash in.
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

There you go talking about the Finals again. I'm talking about why 'arent WE playing out of this world'?? Because , Sheed aint got the heart and soul of Tim Duncan...Chauncey dont have the fire of a Tony Parker...Rip aint got the sadoism of Mano Ginobli...Tay dont have marine corp spirit of a Bruce Bowen..and webber just aint got it. This is the Spurs ..The Only team that has my total respect in the last 10 seasons. The Spurs aint playin or waitin on Utah 'to play well." This Piston team is not what they OR we think they are. If they are..PROVE ME WRONG. But if i have to, I will go down with the 'ship...but if the Cavs sink this ship, Im taking somebody WITH ME!!...blbubhbbblbpbbllubh..
  11. max

max All-Star

Pistons have mathed up very well against the Spurs for the past 2 seasons. That is a very winable series for the Pistons. Problem is its going to be the same situation as in 05. Spurs rest for a week while the Pistons play on. No homecourt either which is what 06 was supposed to be about. Kind of a vicious circle here but at least we have the frontcourt depth now that we did not have back then.
  12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

It is time for a reality check. The four games have not confirmed that the Pistons are better than the Cavs. I believe that they are better and I still think that the Pistons will step up but not based on the facts of the four games. Another side of me sees a younger Cavs team with a few penetrators outplaying my team that looks somewhat slow, somewhat confused.

Will the offense come back. I am dubious. The same team stopped us up last year. We have had three games to make adjustments without much happening. Do we play faster? They lock into us at the pace we are now playing.

We have been trailing in EVERY game so far. The Cavs are still basically a jump shooting team. They move the ball a bit off of Le Bron and that gives them some decent looks.

We can't build leads because we cannot sustain an offense even with stops or they get points by getting to the line to break our runs.

If we still have it, we have to unleash the defense full throttle. That seems to me the only adjustment. We have to hold them under 84 points.

Maybe this Piston team has been playing complacent. I hope that is all there is to it but that kind of explanation can't hold up much longer without performance on the court. Complacency does not explain our lack of a penetrator and lack of youth (except a not completely ready Maxiel).

I can't help but watch the Spurs win the way the Pistons should be winning. At this point, I will take any two Piston wins.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Flip has to pull a bunny out of his butt to change the complexion of this series and get the starters motivated. (and save his job)

I wanna see AJ at SF, Jmax at PF, DD in the middle, Tay & Delfino sharing guard duties.

Goon Squad + Chaos

We gotta change things up, cuz what we've done hasn't worked for 4 straight games. Pretty amazing the run Brown got outta Gibson in gm 4...would Flip dare try that with AJ? Nawww.....:flypig:
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Pistons
  15. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

I don't agree that this is a must win game. The only must win games for the pistons are when are backs to the wall. We don't have that yet. If we lose game 5, then game 6 and 7 are must win games. I still trust our Pistons

16. adonis

I am so lucky that i got a channel playing every single game of the playoffs. This includes the pistons. I wake up for every game at 3 am to watch the games. I only miss the chat on the forum. I will make sure next year i will submit enough posts.

I STILL BELIEVE IN PISTONS
    GOOOO PISTONS
  17. adonis

ALL related to match ups.

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Time to finish this in 6 becuase than the Pistons would still have 5 days of rest. If it stretches to a Game 7 win than I am afraid you are right. And hopefully the Pistons don't end up losing this series.

Last year in the ECF I waited for Chauncey to stop sucking, he never did though. Hopefully that doesn't happen or the Pistons could easily lose this series.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It surely is a "must win" game. It's not an elimination game but we lose this and we are out. Last year I guaranteed everyone we would win the series after going down 2-3. This year, I am almost equally as sure we will lose it going down 3-2.

I trust the Pistons too. I do think we win tonight. But if not...

Should be the best game of the year. If we don't show up for this one and play our best tonight...
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I still think that Cavs series last year was a big key in the downfall of this team. One play can change a game and one game can change a series. Although the Pistons still won the series that Game 5 loss changed everything.

I know it is not a MUST win, but it is close to one.