ECF Finals game 5 8PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 30, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

ECF Finals game 5 8PM Thursday May 31st.

tv: TNT

Series swings back to the Palace. Can Gibson continue this on the road? Can the Pistons play better at home? Billups said after game 2 that he did not mind going to Cleveland because they play better on the road. Problem was the Cavs played better also.

Are we going to see a repeat of last year when Clev won game 5 in front of a stunned Palace crowd? No disrespect to the Hughes family but there are no emotional lifts this year. Just a team improving with each win, will it be enough? Can the Pistons stave off this latest threat to their path to the Finals?

We will see. Not going to call it a must win but its going to be a lot harder comming back from 2-3 down this season. Ist real "gotta have" game for the Pistons without their former leader Ben Wallace.

Ultimately if you want to win championships and stuff then you gotta win some games. These kind of games.

2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

First must-win game of the season for the Pistons IMO. We cannot go into Cleveland for a 2nd year in a row, down 2-3. We squeaked one out last year in that situation, but this isn't last year. The Cavs have another year of experience under their belts, and they aren't going to fold like last year.

Win this one convincingly. A message needs to be sent. We can't be outplayed 5 games in a row.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A 7-10 point halftime lead and another great 3rd quarter by the Pistons should squash any 4th qtr La Bron heroics. Let's get the Pistons marketing department to hand those rally t shirts out at the gate and get this party started.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Now that's more like it guys!

5. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

We need the Guaran-sheed.
    We need to win this game. I still believe Pistons in 6
    and definitely we need more of dice - max combination on the floor

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i think i might be selling this game. if i do, then i might not get back to the palace this year ... but the way the series is going i'm guessing it goes 7. hrmm.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Thursday we get to see what the Pistons are made of. This will be before all of your off-season moves. Judge them after Thursday's game. I guarantee you'll like what you see.............

8. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

With what?

9. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

This game is one that will make or break Flip for the future in my opinion. Do you think Joe Dumars is happy about the latest developments of the Pistons playing 4 games in a row that weren't their best. The Pistons are due for a breakout game where they can get back their swagger. Today's Freep was even calling for CWebb to be nailed to the bench, how fast the worm turns. I'm all for that since Chauncey seems to have lost his confidence in Webber and you can only have one big dog on the court at the same time. Let Maxiell start and Dice come off the bench where he feels the most comfortable. Tay should not be playing over 36-38 minutes and let Fino get his minutes guarding Lebron. Whenever Daniel Gibson gets in the game I would substitute Lindsey Hunter and let Rip or Chauncey get a rest. One thing about Lindsey he's not going to let Daniel Gibson rain down those 3s on his head. Dale Davis needs a few minutes to come in and knock heads and the Pistons will be just fine winning Game 3 with a beat down.

10. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Game 5????

Good call, the game did swing when Rip came in for Lindsey in the mid 4th around 5 mins to go.

11. Nemo

I'll leave this forum, never to return, if they lose !!!!!!!!!!

12. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

What would that do???

I almost posted in the second quarter that I would leave for a month or longer if the pistons won game 4, they were winning at the time.

It was just one of those you knew they were going to find a way to lose.

13. Nemo

Let's put it this way.......I don't plan on going anywhere............:)

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Let's put it this way. In no manner is PF.com responsible for or endorse 4th quarter meltdowns, poor coaching, bone head mistakes, stupid techs or any other ills with the team.

So stick around. ;)

15. Nemo

When we match the intensity of the Cleveland Cavaliers, then you'll see all the bonehead plays melt away............well, most of them..........

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This series has come down to this...If Lebron can deliver in the 4th, they win, if he can't they lose. Game 1&2, LBJ didn't deliver, he fell a hair short. Games 3&4, he flat out got it done and they won. We can't allow this to be a close game, that doesn't mean we need to blow them out to win, but we need to try and keep a 3 possesion lead (6-9 pts) from start to finish.

17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Dissapointng Game 4 because the Pistons didn't give it their all. You can't be dissapointed in 100% of effort even if you lose, but we know that was not the case yesterday. First must win game this season, we will see how the Pistons do. Whoever goes to the game cheer hard!

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only watched the games once, so I could be remembering it wrong, but...

The zone the Pistons have been successful at most of the year often ran with Prince at the top. He chased, held out his arms and generally blocked the other team's view of the hoop.

In the fourth quarter of at least the last two games the Pistons went to the zone a lot, but it had Rip at the top. He ended up in many possessions watching LBJ bounce the ball until he took a step or two and then shot over Rip.

Having Prince at the top of the zone was one of the things that made it really effective. Not sure why the zone seems to have changed now, but is has not changed for the better.

19. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I think it is so LBJ will drive into Tay or Sheed if he gets past Rip and not vice versa.

And (I'm not a big fan of the zone) if you can't rebound out of it (see games 3 & 4) it isn't worth much anyways....

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good points KG
    Believe it or not we have not had a 3 posession lead since the series began with our largest lead being 5 points in game 1. In the series Labron has scored a total 5 points in the 3rd quarters and 32 in the 4th quarters. (including 25 in games 3 & 4). The problem is we have not taken advantage of his third quarters woes. Yes we have got back into games, but have never been able to extend a lead out beyond 2 possessions in that 3rd or 4th. Therefore we continue play into LaBron time with a close nailbiter instead of a 10 pt lead that I think we can maintain and hold onto the victory with.

This goes back to our own 2nd qtr woes. If we can go in the third qtr with a 3-4 possession lead instead of fighting to catch up, we can as I indicate have the Cavs play the desperation game in the 4th & we can win going away. (are you reading this Flip and Chauncey?)