East Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Bulls are playing just like we did in game 3 of the ECF last year...came home with a split in Boston and then lay an egg and give the HCA back to the Celtics.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Pierce hit 6 shots tonight before the halfway mark of the first quarter on a variety of pull up jumpers and drives. All exaggeration aside, I don't think Tay could score once in the amount of time it took Pierce to score all 6 of his buckets.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not 100% certain, but it sounds like you're implying Pierce is a better player than Tayshaun. If that's the case, I'm not sure I can agree with that.

Pierce is one-dimensional. The only thing he can do is score lots of points and win games.

Prince, however, has many intangibles. Like his stat sheet.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's funny watching BOS; they have the same exact problem we have on the pick and roll b/c their big defenders (Davis,Perk) are too slow. Thing is they have the problem out of necessity (KG being injured) while we have it out of stupidity.

5. LA Dre

Celtics-Bulls tied two games a piece, Magic-Sixers tied two games a piece

Pistons-Cavs no competition no more games nuff said

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Sadly, on a day when the Pistons played a playoff game, the highlight of the day for me was when my boy Hedo sank the game winner for Orlando.

7. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Ben Gordon Clutch Shot with Crotch Grab

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Celtics/Bull series and it was really great seeing clutch shot after clutch shot. I especially got a kick out of seeing Ben Gordon hit that shot that tied the game up. The best part of the shot was following it when Gordon in his excitement grabs his crotch as an emphasis point saying "take that."

Check it out and you'll see it at the .42 second point of the clip.

YouTube - Ben Gordon Clutch 3 Pointer

I don't think Ben was directing that at anyone just he got caught up in the exhuberance of the moment and went for the "boys". Think of Brandy Chastain whipping off her bra in her excitement at a win, same thing right?

I did notice the announcers must have seen that as well and they avoided doing replays since what would the children think?

8. LA Dre

Celtics and Bull OT again...great series. Marbury froze when he had an open 3 attempt and passed to Rondo who missed.

Dang Rondo is great.....

If Ben Gordon wants to come to Detroit as our sixth man off the bench he is a super upgrade over Mo Evans, Jarvis Hayes and Walter Herman IMO..

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I know. Arghh . . .

----

He's been taking some retarded shots all game. Lucky he made that one.

edited to add;

This series is so ironic and interesting to me on so many levels. I want to say something about it, but the games never end. LOL

Tony Allen is the king of the stupid foul.

10. LA Dre

Boston stole one in their own crib....Bulls had this one in regulation and crumbled in crunch time. Paul Pierce was the man in OT hitting three jumpers from nearly the same spot.

Vinny drew up a perfect play to tie the game at the end of OT but Rondo smacked Brad Miller silly going to the hoop and he missed the front end of the FT and is still looking for his teeth...:MusicBigGrin:

I don't know how serious Ben Gordons hammy was, but somebody must have rubbed a bunch of banana pudding over it after half time as he didn't seem to have any issues keeping his team in it.

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

Just saw tape of Dho throwing a nasty elbow at Dalembert. Stupid.

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

suspension worthy?

edited to add;

There was a little karma going on in the Bulls game. Allen fouled out on the BS call where Miller set the moving screen and then Miller misses a FT LOL

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Someone needs to tell Miller that you actually need to hit the rim on a (intentional) free throw miss. How could he not know this?

Anyway, great series... perhaps one of the best EVER.

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

I think so...and Dho's one of my favorite players.

The league should also review tape of Rondo batting Miller in the head. He was trying to block a shot? lmao

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yea, he pretty much punched him in the face; i think Miller lost a few teeth.

16. LA Dre

He even took out his own man Courtney Lee with his other elbow on a rebound...

17. max

max All-Star

Yes so close. The Celtics are going to win the series now but they might not have if not for that 1 shot or one missed FT. It goes down as a win either way. I remember when our team used to win games like that.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

All the Bulls have to do is make one adjustment and this series is theirs for the taking.

Derrick Rose is Stuckey-like on defense and Rondo is absolutely murdering them. He's also now getting completely neutralized on O b/c the Celts have realized he can't shoot and are playing 10ft off of him.

Put Hinrich on Rondo as much as possible. Shut him down for enough time and BOS doesn't have enough to beat them.

edited to add;

Oh and everybody should get a laugh out of this;

Daily Herald | Rivers argues illegal-screen fouls not being called both ways

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Stan Gumby cracked a post game funny saying something like 'Courtney's getting a cat-scan and we're gonna have the league office look into Dwight's elbow on him too' :pound:

20. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

That was a fantastic play out of a time-out, and it was amazing how clear Miller's path was to the basket. Somebody a bit faster would have been hanging from the rim before Rondo could have recovered.