East Playoffs

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I though Sagar said that LeBron left the team to go be with his mommy. Ah ha ha.

It really is interesting to see how the match-ups play out. DET can't beat CLE who can't beat ORL who can't beat DET.

Can you believe that Howard is the same one who plays against the Pistons? Likewise, can you believe that Big Z is the same one who plays against DET?

The TNT farewell wrap-up of the playoffs featured a .5 second close-up of a wincing Rip Hamilton as the only Piston "highlight".

I seriously feel as if the Pistons just won the title I'm so happy.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Anyone notice how classy O-Town seems making the finals compared to BOS last year?
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm really happy too...but not quite that happy.

I will say this though: I am really glad Detroit didn't play Orlando in round one because I think Detroit would have won , only to lose in round 2 to whomever.

Then Cleveland would have won the East.

So I am glad it played out the way it did. :) Seriously, I will be smiling in my sleep.

I hate Lebron. Now just knock out Kobe.

Go Magic!
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Pietrus impressed the hell out of me. They just had the bodies to wear him down, and Howard at the rim. Makes you wonder what would a real back-up SF for the Pistons would have done (obviously not this year!)

Mo Williams interview was retarded. I was flipping back and forth, and i heard snippets from the refs are the reason they lost, then he was talking about Christmas morning, strange guy . . .

It's so ironic.

The Master of panic aka SVG seems to really have a handle on motivating his players. Rashard Lewis and Dwight Howard both pratically recited love letters to him in their post games LOL

My excitement is kinda waning now and i'm back to being annoyed that the Pistons are not there (oh and i also feel a little bad b/c i made a 20$ bet w/ my 10-year old nephew that the Magic would win. He's a LBJ fan. And he's from Canada. It's not even his team! LOL. I'm trying to break the habit). but this is the absolute best match-up IMO if it wasn't going to be them. Finally, two teams i can stand!
  5. Darth Tater

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TNT did a wrap up of all of the Gon Fishin segments and the Pistons were the first team to be shown...oh yeah we were the first to get spanked out of the post season....

Earlier they showed the Nuggets Going Fishing and AI was behind the boat in the water...didn't they show him out in the water in the Pistons segment too?? Dude could not get in anybodies boat..:)
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Was that Lil' Penny in the Cavs boat tonight that set the LeBron puppet on fire?
  8. Darth Tater

In 1,200 years a tourist walking through a Cleveland museum is going to see this sculpture of the great King Lebrons hand. Notice something?

NO RING!!!!
    :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

[​IMG]
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The Pistons legacy fittingly ends with the Magic in the finals. The Pistons after all have kept the Magic out.

Cleveland was overrated pure and simple. Winning 50 or 60 games in a league of parity/salary cap does not mean that much. Le Bron is for real but not the rest of the team.

This Piston team would not have been the Magic in a series. To illustrate: Billips goes out against the Lakers with a whimper. He cannot do what he used to do. Ben was a shadow of himself. Sheed could not bring it. That is 3/5 of the championship team. It was great; but it is over.

The Pistons have no one who can shoot threes like the Magic.
    The Pistons have no young big who is both active and can score.
    You can't go far in the playoffs without these qualities.

The Pistons have major rebuilding to do but the Orlando win is the final validation of just how good they have been.
  10. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

There is a nice German word for what a lot of us on the board are feeling tonight -- schadenfreude (pronounced shadenfroida). There is no English equivalent; it means delight in the misfortunes of others. I rarely experience schadenfreude, but I am tonight.
  11. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

Today was a good day. I can finally put my Lebron theory's to rest ............. until next year:ballchain
  12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Being bitter fans with schadenfreude never felt so good.

It was more than just Lebron. Cleveland had the dream team of d-bags, punks, floppers, insufferable scrubs/goblins who act like they haven't hit a 3-point spot before.
  13. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

whoa whoa lets not get carried away now! SVG did a darn good job but I wouldn't call him a genius just yet; every match up with the exception of LBJ favored him! 6'3 Delonte West guarding 6'10 Rashard Lewis!, Mike Brown looked clueless the entire series why was Lebron defending Rafer? Does that make any sense from a coaching stand point; Mo williams can't defend Courtney Lee or Pietrus!
  14. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Thank you. A marvelous post.
  15. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Honestly, I was thinking, why wouldn't sheed try to sign with the Magic? I really did not realize that Rashard Lewis was a PF.
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

.....and in a couple of days, Buck will tell us of his discovery of this amazing electronical wonder called the MICROWAVE OVEN! IT ACTUALLY HEATS YOUR FOOD IN 30 SECONDS! :pound:
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ALWAYS REMEMBER PEOPLE:

WHAT U DO AND SAY TO OTHERS, WILL ALWAYS COME BACK TO YOU! WE MAY NOT BE THERE WHEN IT HAPPENS, BUT IT 'WILL' HAPPEN!

...i better go apologize to Rafer 'crackhead' Alston! :MusicBigGrin:
  18. Bender

Bender First Round Draft Pick

19. max

max All-Star

Did not get to see the game but I am very glad the Magic won. Something about that team you can get behind. Not to mention that the Cavs are my least favorite team right now.

How can the media let James off so easy for displaying such bad sportsmanship in walking off and not congratulating the Magic. The guy does it every year and no one calls him out on it.

How can anyone outside of Cleveland like him?

No more of those puppet commercials of Lebran and Kobe. Had to be the worst sports add I have ever seen. Bar none. Whoever thought of that needs to find another career.
  20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It already happened. My son struck out three times this morning.