Dumars still has done nothing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Jul 8, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:goodstuff:

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's extremely rare that two of them (Big AL and David Lee) become available at a decent asking price.

Joe got his clocked cleaned this summer, period point blank. Joe's history (which keeps getting further in the rearview mirror) is patient, and he ultimately makes the shrewed Low-Key move, he's a low-risk / High-reward move maker. This summer was not the summer to be like that. Joe needed to get it done, and he didn't. This isn't about getting some 20/10 savior, it was about taking advantage of a frenzy and he missed the boat. Again, looking more and more like Hammond was an extremely undervalued component to the machine.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

KGREG, there is a huge difference between availability and the real trade.

the fact is that Kahn wanted trade exceptions because of he traded his very valuable asset for it. Lemme repeat - Kahn traded his ONLY remarkably valuable trading chip for trade exceptions. That's how desperately Kahn wanted those exceptions. WhY? :noidea:

In Lee's case I can only specualate that Walsh demanded BOTH JJ and Daye ( and why not -statistically daye and JJ=David Lee) and - Tay for salary matching purposes. Rip ? For Walsh he has exactly zero value...

But I FULLY understand you frustation - the most valuable assets in NBA - proven big men - were given away cheapely actually...

4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm sure that if he let the NBA knows that Jonny Flynn, Wesley Johnson, Ricky Rubio and Kevin Love are in the trading Block, he would get REAL GOOD offers for anyone of them.

Al Jefferson wasn't his only valuable player.. I would have Kevin Love playing the C here or Flynn running the point.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sorry my friend, I posted this before, I'll post it again, straight from Silver Tongue:

Had he taken "that" deal, WE WOULD HAVE HAD A TRADE EXCEPTION or the cap room to absorb Jefferson's contract. The reason we don't have a trade exception is because Joe wants more than that for Tay and/or Rip, but it seems as if he's too jaded to realize that. And if he can't land a guy like Jefferson, Lee, or Chandler, he at least needs to GET RID OF RIP and/or TAY, for a bag Strawberry Jolly Ranchers!

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Im speaking from salary perspective. It is extremely hard to get good pieces for rookies due to their rookie contracts.

Unless you trade rookie vs rookie, maybe then "potential" matters something

@ KGREG: we do not know whether picks and cap relief was offered separately or together, maybe those picks were 2nd rounders or how much trade exceptions, if anything, was offered.

Too many unknown determinators for me.

Maybe you can write to silvertongue and ask what was on the table - because of now we all are speculating and there is no need for bad blood from "hyphothetical scenarios"

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Bad Blood? What bad blood, I'm having fun arguing with you, makes my work day go by faster, none of this would be fun if we agreed. Not much else to do in the dog days of summer :)

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

why Walsh had no second thoughts about siging amare? because of amare came from running and gunning team and Knicks is coached by D'Antoni.

why Walsh swapped David Lee for players from Golden State? Because of Golden State also is running and gunning team and...

Am I "reading" too much from the trades? :spy:

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't believe anything Silvertongue says.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think we know Joe wasn't offered 2nd rounders for Rip and Tay, because he would have done those trades. Joe likes his 2nd round picks almost as much as his 3rd lunch.

11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Isn't he just Pistons propaganda director?

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

You could have been a perfect dissident in Soviet Estonia.

13. roscoe36

He's the tailor to the Emperor.

14. roscoe36

I know. :MusicBigGrin:

Right now, I am a perfect dissident in Soviet Canada. :yellowprison:

15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Al Jefferson may be a 20/10 guy (when healthy), but he does not have the impact of a typical 20/10 player. He's a notorious black hole and he's horrendous defending the rim.

Al Jefferson is a lot closer to Shareef Abdur-Rahim than he is to Kevin Garnett.

16. roscoe36

Thank you.

17. mikhail1973

We'll have to see how hw does under Sloan. Utah must really feel that he is coachable.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dang it! The 2 of us argued all season, this summer we finally start seeing eye to eye on stuff and now this! LOL!!j
    When you're a young 20/10 guy who can get his in the paint night in and night out, you're suppossed to be a black hole, especially when your perimeter players are Corey Brewer, Wayne Ellington and Ryan Gomes. One could legitamately argue that AL has never had teammates he could trust! I think AL is better than pre-injury Elton Brand, actually........is there such a thing as 'pre-injury' Elton Brand?

19. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

At the moment, I'm glad he did nothing. Greg Monroe just showed that if he can adjust to speed of the NBA he could become the interior presence we need. He played good in summer league in ways that few other players in the league would, and all it took was a couple of games for him to get adjusted.

Would you rather watch Al Jefferson take up this kids minutes?

If we moved rip or Tayshaun earlier for a big, that is basically what would have happened. A pack of juicy fruit and maybe some scratch-offs would have been nice to get in return for rip or tay, but when february rolled around people will be cursing joe saying "He should have waited until now, we could have got so and so." (Especially with teams getting these trade exceptions).

Greg Monroe looks like he can start, if he can start then Joe should wait on the trades. Find a way to get the young ones some PT, put Tay or Rip on the injured reserve til an offer comes. Slash the vets minutes. But don't do anything that won't get us something good back, it's too early for that.

20. mikhail1973

This is coming out of Chicago:

Is Rip Hamilton Next For the Chicago Bulls? - Hoops In View

Interesting stat:

[​IMG]