[Drafted] Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Gotta say....you had me with BoT and CV. LOL so hard I nearly had an accident. I feel the exact same way.....
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

You have our Aussie mate, Panda to thank for that one.
    ...instant classic.
  3. Jackattaq

Well I can see why, oldie but goodie. He has been a turd for sometime now and every minute he plays is a minute that some younger player doesn't get experience that will benefit this team. He's done as an NBA'er.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

I'm so glad that name stuck.
    linwood likes this.
  5. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

The more I watch him, the more I'm convinced that his floor is JR Smith. They both have the same weakness (shot selection) and the same strengths (Shooting and Athleticisim). Although, I think KCP is more disciplined than JR Smith. I think his ceiling is an '04-'05 version of Rip with better athleticism.

That's a great pick, in my book!
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I hope so!
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

This was a bad draft but nothing could be worse than the 2000 Mateen Cleaves draft ......the only possible hall of famer was picked no. 43-Micheal Redd !!!

2000 NBA Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I say this in response to not picking the fan favorite (Trey burke) but there was no one who really stood out after Cleaves anyway
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, that was a terrible draft class.

Brian Cardinal at #44 wasn't a bad pick by the Pistons.
    OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WOW!!! ....WAS mt first reaction too, Bill
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Can he do for us what Klay Thompson does for GS?
  11. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Because of Curry, Thompson gets a lot of room on the perimeter. He is a great shooter, but no one wants to leave Curry with even a foot of room.

KCP, if he is the fantastic shooter we are looking for, will be heavily guarded. But I really like the kid, more and more as I think about it.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

That BDL post has the most "likes" Ive ever remember seeing. Is there a " Post of the year" contest? j/k

Yes, there will be loads of pressure on Dumards, but what about the pressure on BDL? :)

This is the first time in a long time that I've actually really liked a Pistons team (I admired and appreciated Brown's Boys but I didnt "like" them. I simply LOVED The Bad boys) I like the new coach and I like the players. Maybe it is time for me to start paying attention again!!
  13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Or switch to the Heat.
    Nemo likes this.
  14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I would have to see moves before I can say that I like the team. I like it better than last year's team, but I'll reserve my judgment at this time.
    Nemo likes this.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant I like the players. Thats important to me because it makes them so easy to cheer for. And cheeks helping out that little girl says loads about him. I have no clue how they will play. I dont watch them. I meant that they seemed like good guys. I'm taking everyone's word that Knight isn't a true point guard so I don't think they will be contending for any championships right now. I think, But I DO feel they are improving.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, we just drafted AA, again. Will we give this guy away in a few years for a cap move? AA could hit the 3, play fine D. Only we did not appreciate him, and played the likes of Gordon ahead of him. I am intrigued by our 2nd round pick though - Mitchel, right? Well, for short I will call Kentavius just Ken for now in this rotation.

Knight, Ken, AI (if we pick him up as a free agent of course), Monroe, Drummond.

2nd unit) Stuckey, English, Middleton, Mitchel, (one of Monroe or Drummond out there with the 2nd unit.)

Now, I don't like using a strict 3 man rotation for power forward / center - too much a chance of getting into foul trouble. So we have to add a 4th guy there yet. No, JJ does not belong there. I doubt we are resigning JMAX, so most likely this guy is not on the team yet. Hmm, who was that 3rd pick we got?
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The 3rd pick was the Louisville PG Peyton Siva.

How do you like Kravtsov as the 4th big? The Pistons just picked up his contract for next year. They had until midnight to buy him out and save a little money.
  18. PistonsPoland

PistonsPoland First Round Draft Pick

For me Kravtsov is a good 5th man in rotation - plays only in critical situations and limited minuted. He plays hard and I like him. I hope our 4th big men will be Brandan Wright
  19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The players, at least at this point, are not much different from the last year less Maxiell plus whatever rookies may play. That is why I am waiting to see what else happens and who gets the minutes.
    Nemo likes this.
  20. Jackattaq

Well, I don't know what thread to put this in, but I too am excited about this team. So much so that I ordered the summer league broadband so I can watch some footage of these young guys (AD too) and see how they mesh. I am excited to see the Pistons getting some athletes on this team. Ben Wallace was probably the last "athletic" defender we saw on this team. It will be nice to see blocked shots again if AD can give up that and our other young guys play D as well. (Moose is the weakest link in terms of athletism, he can't jump over a Detroit Metro Yellow Pages without a running start). Would be nice to see this team get back to a defensive identity. I am excited again.