Draft Picks / Free Agents / Trades; Let's talk targets

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Afflalo leads the Magic in points and has a TS% of .542 vs .572 for his career. 16.9 pts/36 vs 13.4 for his career.

Mayo has a TS% of .591 this year vs .537 for his career. Scoring 18.1 pts/36 vs 16.9 for his career.

They are pretty similar offensively in terms of volume shooting, 3-point ability, and general efficiency. If you are only looking at their offense and assuming they are similar defensively, then you'd have to determine if their figures this season are fully representative or not. If you go by career, AA is more efficient. If you go by this year only, Mayo is off the charts in efficiency and Afflalo is just really solid.

Either one would be a no-brainer upgrade over Singler, who plays textbook basketball, but who can't seem to create much offense on an unassisted basis.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Mayo and Alf aren't all that great at creating their own (unassisted) offense either, but unlike Singler those 2 are legitimate starting SG's in the NBA while Kyle is a really solid role player.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Singler is assisted on 75% of his buckets though. They are each huge creators in comparison.

4. PistonsPoland

PistonsPoland First Round Draft Pick

Memphis Grizzlies are open to trade Rudy Gay. Maybe Prince + Maggette for Gay?

5. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Why would Grizzlies agree to make that deal?

6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Rudy Gay is owed 16.5M, 17.9M and 19,3M.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You cant touch Gay at those salary numbers. Not in this salary cap era.

pass99 and The Panda like this.
  8. PistonsPoland

I read that Grizzlies are open to trade Rudy. I think Prince + Maggette is a good deal for both teams. Grizzlies are cutting salaries with Maggette and getting a good veteran player in Prince. Pistons.. get Rudy Gay! One of the best SF's in the league. I would be ok if our salary cap would be used in this trade.

9. roscoe36

Rudy Gay would have to be a difference maker in that case, because we wouldn't have enough cap space left to make any other significant plays in free agency.

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

well, apparently Love refractured his hand so I guess Im a little less interested in him now that he seems to have the injury bug. Isnt that his second in as many years?

11. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

I'm making this my avatar if the Pistons trade for Gay.

PistonsPoland likes this.
  12. PistonsPoland

I think he can be a difference maker in Detroit.

13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't think he will play at this level for the next 5 years.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

For that money he needs to be a top 10 difference maker and Rudy Gay is not a top 30 difference maker.

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. roscoe36

Also, welcome to the forum!

PistonsPoland likes this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Yeah, so then they can go from 19-8 for the first 27 to 7-20 for the next. No way they pull the trigger on that trade. Then they get absolutely no value from the guy.

Having said that, Rudy Gay's play does not match up to his salary. I would rather take OJ/Aff at half the price.

17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

From the weekend (I actually saw McClemore, Porter and Burke's games):
    Shabazz Muhammed: Was an absolute beast! VS Cal - 16 pts and 5 rebounds. 5-13, 2-4 from beyond the arc. VS Stanford - 23 points 10 rebs. 6-12, 1-2 from three and 10-13FT's.

Ben McClemore: Struggled against a tough Temple team. Wasn't very aggressive but had some outstanding athletic moments. 13 points and 5 rebs. Shot 5-13 and 1-4 from deep.

Otto Porter: Watching him play in this Georgetown system is painful! It's truly pathetic! It's even worse than Ben Howland's old offense at UCLA that handcuffed Jrue Holiday, Afflalo and Westbrook. Well anyway the kid had 13 points and 5 rebs in a 49-48 loss to Marquette. He shot 2-13 from the floor, 1-3 from the arc.

Trey Burke: Was just SICK against Iowa! 17 points, 12 assists, 1 TO! the kid started 0-3 from the floor and finished the game, 7-10 from the floor and 1-3 from the arc.

Anthony Bennet against Cal-St-Bakersfield: 28 points (10-13 from teh floor, 3-4 from the arc and made 5/6 ft's) and 10 rebounds. While I'm not sold on Bennett, he's a legit talent, I'm just leery about getting excited about a 6'8" PF........yet I keep suggesting that we should be targeting Paul Millsap this summer......I'm such the hypocrite!

Others to watch, PGs, Marcus Smart (OK State) and Michael Carter Williams (Syracuse).

Mogilny likes this.
  18. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I love Burke. He's a full inch shorter than Chris Paul, but he's a player. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the top five.

Shabazz is the second coming of Jerry Stackhouse, only stronger. He should average 20+ points as a rookie.

I really like Otto Porter. The more I see of him, the more I see some of his limitations. I don't think that he's a starter as a rookie, but could develop into a Rudy Gay type guy.

McClemore looked like an All-Star against Ohio State.

OJ Mayo looks like he's coming back to Earth. He started off hot, but he's a career 15 ppg guy, which is what he's been averaging for the last month. We may have to look elsewhere for our future starting SG.

19. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Finally saw Burke on TV. What can I say other than the kid can play. Why would Joe be interested in a PG that can dribble and shoot? Goes against all his intuition.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe does not send scouts to see teams that play in Michigan...other wise he would have noticed that Chris Kaman had more upside than Darko....nope he would not have wasted a second pick on Kaman, but in the end, he would have worked out better for the Pistons and would have contributed enough to beat the spurs in 05..well maybe....:crossed: