1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Draft Picks / Free Agents / Trades; Let's talk targets

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Career:
    .525 TS% (Will Bynum was .532 for us last year)
    .484 eFG (Will Bynum was .491 last year)
    .343 3P% (Charlie V was .347 for us last year)

If you want volume shooters/ scorers and you want them to be barely more efficient than Rudy Gay, then Bynum and Charlie V are your guys.

And that is using Gay's career numbers. His yearly numbers have been steadily slipping while his usage has been going up. He's getting high on himself.

Year/ eFG/ Usage
    2011/ .503/ 23.3%
    2012/ .480/ 25.1%
    2013/ .449/ 27.2%

Rebounding? very weak at 5.8 per 36.

Daye was at 6.5.
    Villanueva 7.9
    Jerebko 7.5
    Singler 5.2

In summary, how much would you pay for Will Bynum if you took away his passing ability, gifted him the ability to shoot 3's like Charlie V, and gave him the rebounding prowess of Kyle Singler?

Walter likes this.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Even if Rudy Gay sucks, I think Piston fans are just plain ready for a change. If Sticky and BoT go away, I would still enjoy watching a different sucky player.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stop.

sugnuf and linwood like this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

Shut it, CJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coynejeremy likes this.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

After reading through today's posts I think I want Rondo the most. He'll have a chip on his shoulder if he's traded and I bet he'd be a hellacious leader to the young guys.

6. BillLaimbeer

Do we want to trade Monroe/Knight for Rondo, pay Rondo $25 million, and then watch Rondo walk after 2 seasons?

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we can get him by trading non core pieces, that would be amazing. CV/ Rodney/ and maybe even Knight. If the Celts are intentionally tanking for Wiggins, then why wouldn't they take on our expirings and tarnished players? Unless they are afraid that Charlie V comes alive in that type of environment.

One downside is that Rondo is a horrible 3-point shooter at .241 (unlike Calderon and Knight), so we'd probably go away from Iggy and Smith if we got him in favor of guys who are better floor spreaders.

He's a proven stud though with an unreal assist rate and ast/tov ratio, a lengthy defender, and he held up well under the highest pressure situations. He was surrounded by Ray Allen, Pierce, and KG though, so maybe we need to think about their formula if we include him in our build. Our mix so far doesn't have the knock down shooter or the mid-range shooters or the defense in the SF and PF spots. Pope might help.

8. BillLaimbeer

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He should just go to Miami and keep those guys humble.

pass99 likes this.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

We hung onto players too long. There was a whole mentally of just coasting. It was this whole concept that the tree was always in annual bloom and the easy picks would always point to biggest fruit. Life doesn't happen that way, nor does it stay-still long for, or on anything, for permanency. Nature must adapt and we will be long gone as a species, until it all ends 4 Billion years from now. That's when I sun says...goodnight.

So what? This period of time, for the whole organization, is the first positive energy I have seen in many years. Even in whatever stressful time of that tree, you examined it and if possible in hurtful times, makes sure it still exists...never give up on it. It just needs only one singular root to survive. Sometimes, you have to dig deeper to expose it

I think that tree is something like Gay and it can be nurtured in some many ways, that even in his present youth, can not be understood by himself.

As David Schuman once said, what is important to understand is that a leader is also a follower. That it is a relationship in which sometimes one leads, sometimes another. If one has the ability to lead a group of people to do things collectively that they could not do individually, and if the members of a group want that to happen, then one person should "lead." But this important fact remains: the relationship between leader and follower is an essentially equal one. From that relationship, the creative powers of people individually---and of the group as a whole...are increased.

That has the markings of a magical group.

11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like Schumann, but I prefer Tchaikovsky.

12. BillLaimbeer

I like trees. I planted several this summer. I like to water them and watch them grow.

coynejeremy likes this.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems like somebody in Auburn Hills maybe interested too........his injury and old age has hobbled his defense, but his three point range still works and if we some how or another we move both Knight and BoT, then we maybe lacking the "big shot" beyond the arc that every team needs to get back in a game in crunch time.

2013 NBA free agency: Chauncey Billups would like to play 2 more seasons, according to report

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's a nice influence. I'd let him come off the bench if he were cheap and we either needed to keep Rondo in check or have a tutor for Knight.

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I planted (3) 1.5 inch cal (Bradford Pears) two weeks ago. They are a handsome group, and I exspect their seven siblings (ten years older) to look over them.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Plus he can get his number retired if his contributions elevate them back to the ECF...and his last game is in a Piston uni.. Next do we give him back # 1 or let Dre keep it?

17. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Because he is a competitor and fiercely loyal. You give him a good team, and he will lead it.

I have no doubts that Rondo would have the same effect, to a lesser degree, as Paul did on the Clippers. Drummond is our Blake Griffin. Show me the dunks...

Firstly, I have been giggling like a little girl in my office for about ten minutes over this line.

Secondly, he got paid on potential. The guy is freakishly long, athletic and fast. He had the tools to be one of the best, just never panned out.

I think that we need to move Monroe if we get Rondo. Either we will need to use him to actually get Rondo, or to get other players. And I would be more inclined to keep Chuckles around.

Monroe + Stuckey (who Ainge likes) for Rondo. Its a straight swap.

Unfortunately you would need to start Villenueva unless you picked up another PF

18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Ainge is rebuilding and won't want to do just a straight salary dump. If the Pistons were to get Rondo, they'd probably need to give up a pick or two - even if they gave up Monroe as well.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I do not want to give up Monroe for Rondo. That defeats the purpose of having Rondo yell at guys.

I would take Courtney Lee who has 4 years left @ 5 mil. Could the Pistons offer some combo of the expiring Stuckey/Garbage (He's a yuge fan favorite in BOS!) and someone like Jerebko?

If it comes down to adding a desired player on top of the flotsam would you add in the Pope? I think I would.

20. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

I would trade anyone but Drummond for Rondo if I knew he would stay longer than 2 years. He's probably the best passer/playmaker in the league. Also, one of the best on-ball defenders.

Drummond - Rondo would be like (Bynum - Drummond)^2

The Panda likes this.