Draft Picks / Free Agents / Trades; Let's talk targets

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Dec 24, 2012.

1. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

It would be a steal to pick this really young and spectacular player. He is playing very well this seasson but is still young, is a ben wallace type player with more ofensive
    skills. This video is from 2011.
    A lot of potential in this brazilian big ben,is a reason to take a second first round pick.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't think he'd cost very much and he'd be an excellent back-up at both guard spots.
    As much as I feel a strong (very strong) need to move forward with an "out with the old" mentality, I think that Chauncey (and Ben) are different. I feel like BupBup would actually HELP the young dudes on this team rather than get in their way.
  3. BallDon'tLie

Agreed.
    ...but that doesn't make it a bad idea.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Can't bring back Chauncey unless Stuckey is gone....Then he can clean up the mess left by SC........
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't see the similarity. Ben was super muscled. This kid hits his freetos.
  6. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

He is still younger but uses his jump and speed to have big impact blocking and dunking. His free shot are very good for a center,he only needs time to developpe.
    If you look this video,he is playing against barcelonamreal madrid or valencia,elite teams of spain and europe this season.
    Ben was super muscled but this kid have a bright future in nba.
    Nogueira is located between positions 26 and 29 of the first round draft pick. As Drummond has much room for technical improvement and still more physical, but it's a very interesting project in the medium term, detroit safe bet if you are patient and give it another year in Europe.
  7. BallDon'tLie

If Nacho Azofra is sold on this kid, well, ...that's good enough for me!
    CarlosGallan and roscoe36 like this.
  8. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Will be very hard to convince him to come to Detroit. But I'd take him any day of the week. He won't come unless we bring in some pretty good other players and have a serious shot at making it somewhere.
    He blew a warmup layup, then blew a warmup dunk, and sunk a free throw.

Seriously man, why aren't I trying out for the Detroit Pistons. Seems our standards have fallen.
    pass99 and linwood like this.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i like that idea. This is one of those guys that could really take off if given the right environment.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My blown dunk with a between the legs attempt would have looked slightly worse than his.
  11. The Panda

Once you miss its all the same.

So if you junk the layup, and hit a free throw, you two are pretty much the same damn guy! Don't choke!
  12. Slippy

The real key to the offseason is how we use the cap space and what we leverage CV's expiring into. Without either of those working out, its just draft day wet dreams. I'm waiting for Joe D to blow my mind or push me over into the hater camp because I don't see who we could get
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also don't forget that CV might put in a full off-season of training and sauna work to come back as an even more impactful player. We may want to resign this guy if he can regain his 2008-09 form. Part of the problem may have been that we didn't find him enough shots.
    The Panda likes this.
  14. Slippy

We could even trade moose and dre to find complimentary players to fit around him. A 6'11" forward who doesn't rebound or block shots and hangs out at the perimeter shooting 3's? What's next? A shooting guard that works the low post? A center that runs the offense? I smell max contract and multiple titles!
    Woody likes this.
  15. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

Evan Turner is baaaaaad.

But I sure hope we don't blow our load this offseason.
  16. Slippy

Stuckey is a 15 pt 4 assist super collider with the ball in his hand and an 0-31 facepalm without. Is Evan Turner really bad or just in a bad situation?
  17. The Panda

Yeah he is bad. Just bad.

He can't shoot threes or free throws, so his efficiency is always going to be terrible. Half decent defender, but he is just a volume midrange shooter. We don't need one of those and he always wants the ball in his hands.
  18. Slippy

I can live with that analysis. It jives with what fans in Philly say. Also the other half of being a decent defender is making your defensive rotations on time.
    The field of candidates is steadily dwindling...
  19. The Panda

He is a good rebounder but we don't need that with Monroe and Drummond eating them all up.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't see us landing Trey Burke in the draft. I'm kind of on the fence in terms of re-signing Calderon, i don't think he will make us better (or worse) and why tie up the cap space in a 31 PG......I mean I can live with it, but......eh.... Turner on the other hand is a guy whose best days were when he was playing as PG. A 6'7" PG with 2 Big Towers upfront....WOW! I just think if you move him back to being a PG, the guy will flirt with triple doubles on the regular. Again, while the rest of the league is going small, let's go BIG! Also keep in mind, the biggest knock on the guy is not living up to the expectations of being the #2 pick in the draft, they thought and continue to expect him to be a franchise player when he's a complementary player. I'm telling you, this dude is READY if he gets in the right situation.