Draft Picks / Free Agents / Trades; Let's talk targets

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Dec 24, 2012.

1. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

I'd certainly pay him more than Stuckey and Chuckie (what they should IDEALLY be paid, no more than 4-5 million per year). He is a complete chucker and a mindless offensive player but a pretty shot and can get shots off whenever he wants.

And the fish with tourettes dance is worth about 500k per year.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

McGary excelled for 5 games and everyone said he was lottery ready. He needs another season at best to start for a whole season and get his 40% FT shooting up to 65% :nod:. BigDog3 may have some NBA moves, but I think he would get lost on someone's bench for awhile as he seem to digress during the season. Both need to stay in school. Even Tim Jr needs to stay especially since he is projected late first round. The problem is he could slip to the second round based on his 5/13 shooting last night. Burke would get better if stayed in school too., but if somebody tells you that you are top 5, you go grab the money and sit if they make you.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ouch!
    Nemo likes this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We know why you want these guys to stay in school. It has nothing to do with if they are ready or not. You want another chance for UM to get that NCAA title. :ner-ner: :first:
  5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

If he would take $6-8m a year in Det, I'd do it all day. The guy can stroke, and when he is hot he will shred teams. Just need a coach to control him a little bit. Obviously that coach is not Lawrence Frank.

Screw Burke. Get Oladipo. That gives us a crazy athletic, defensive focused set of guards. We need best players in the draft, not Chris Paul 0.0001 & a small forward with no game. We have both of those already.

You would be insane to pass on JR Smith. He can be a + defender, 17.3 PER and NY are paying him $2.8m a year. He leaves that PO on the table and walks into UFA.
  6. LA Dre

Well that is one reason....but look at two other key players who left Ann Arbor early believing in their own press clippings only to find themselves watching more games than playing.

Manny Harris left after his junior year in 2010, didn't get drafted but signed on as bench warmer for the Cavs for a couple of years and didn't even play in the NBA this season. He is a 23 year old Detroit city boy playing over in the Ukraine trying to figure out the language.:frusty:

Darius Morris, followed in Harris steps the next year after stepping in for Harris and being the Wolverine's MVP in 2010-11. The Lakers drafted him # 41 and he played 19 games last season and 46 this year playing backup when either of the Steves.. Blake or Nash go down. If both are healthy then he does not get off the bench.

Yeah you get paid, but sometimes waiting a year or two gets you more cash in the pros later and more fun in the dorm now..... with coeds:diablo:.....if you don't get hurt..:graduate:
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Hopefully having so much NBA relations on the team the kids make smart thought out decisions. That and the fact the kids shouldn't be hurting for money they don't have to go to get a small check when they can wait a year and get a bigger check.
    LA Dre likes this.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I figure the agents are looking out for the prospect's best interests.
    Trying to convince them to stay in school...........
  9. BillLaimbeer

If you sign with an agent, then you are no longer eligible to stay in school........
  10. LA Dre

The eligibility and scholarship is gone, but if you got some cash stashed away, can't you stick around and pay for your own classes/room and board?
  11. BillLaimbeer

Yea, good point. Colleges will always take your money. You just can't play ball anymore.
  12. LA Dre

So you coach at a university...tell me this...if your eligibility is up for say basketball and you had a killer curve ball like Denard :MusicBigGrin:, I know you can walk on and play for the baseball team if you have not graduated, but could the school give you another scholarship for baseball if they have one available? Some of those basketball and football players will never get drafted, but it seems that I have heard about an athlete getting a scholarship for two different sports, but can't recall who it was or the exact circumstances..
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Can agents talk to players family/parents?
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

KIDS TODAY are idiots!!! There is no way any of these Michigan players (sans Burke) AND Payne and Harris at MSU are NBA ready!! But that is why I havent watched a full 48 minute NBA game all year. NBA Basketball is the worst its ever been. If you dont believe look at the 24 players that made the all star game and tell me which one would you add to the NBA 50 greatest players ...LeBron and Kobe? Yes...Durant ? maybe..THATS IT!
  15. LA Dre

Jalen Rose claims he was the one who talked Burke into staying in school this past season. Maybe Jimmy King and Ray Jackson should have conversations with Big Dog and Tim Sr about how successful their careers were once they left Ann Arbor. :bow1:.... see interesting story below

Ray Jackson least, greatest of Fab Five - ESPN
  16. BillLaimbeer

You can get scholarships for multiple sports as long as the sum total of all your scholarships doesn't exceed a full ride. If you lose your amatuer status (you received money for playing sports), you cannot compete in any collegiate sport. We had a college kid who made a half court shot at a basketball game and won an SUV. He played on the college tennis team and didn't want to lose his eligibility so he had to turn down the SUV.
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

LOL!
  18. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

That's unfortunate, because it's wholly inaccurate. They don't have similar games. Not sure what you are seeing.
  19. max

max All-Star

From what I saw Burke would be a nice upgrade for us over Knight and we can save the 8mil/yr or so that we would have had to spend on Cauldron. Burke is an excellent shooter, has a quick 1st step so getting the rim is not a problem, nice playmaker and a decent defender for his size. But this was just based on a few games I saw Michigan play.
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Honestly his only draw back besides still learning the game is the fact he's not going to keep growing and at 6 foot he'll be in trouble on the defensive end most nights, but I can live with that.

He's nothing like Bynum, besides I think they both can run a nice pick and roll with a good big man rolling to the basket.