Dodgers' last pitch at Ebbets means more now

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by buddahfan, Sep 25, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the last game at Ebbets field in Brooklyn.

Growing up in Buffalo N.Y. while the Dodgers still played in Ebbets field and remembering their move to Los Angeles I found this article entertaining. If you are familiar with V. Scully and his announcing style and can picture his voice and delivery on the quote below you might find it rather amusing like I did. Enjoy

In the quote below, Scully's reference to Gladys' mental state refers to the fact that she was depressed over the Dodgers leaving not that she had mental problems.

LOL

The link directly to the article requires you to be registered. However, I believe that you can get to the article without registering by clicking on the second link which will take you to the L.A. Times front page and then clicking on "Sports" on the left side. Then scroll down until you see the section "Latest Columns". Go to the last columnist, Jerry Crowe and click on him to get to the article. I hope that works.

Dodgers' last pitch at Ebbets means more now

Los Angeles news, California news - Los Angeles Times

:hoops:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think I fixed the first link. Necessity is the mother of invention.
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum