Do you "HATE!" LeBron??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 13, 2011.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are correct about that...young stud who the media put on the top as soon as he got the NHL....the other difference is that does have his name on the Cup though:sssh:

2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

And won the olympics for Team Canada with his OT goal in the finals. He is also the opposite of James when it comes to the media, he got alot of criticism because he refused all the invitations to talkshows after the olympics IIRC. The NHL wanted him to promote the sport but he wanted none of it.

3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I feel that growing up in Michigan and rooting for Detroit teams has instilled a blue-collar point of view that has determined which players I tend to root for. I've never really been a fan of the marquis sports guys due to the fact that none of them have ever played for the teams that I back. I've always considered players like Jordan, Gretzky, Shaq, Crosby, Lebron, Brady, etc., the enemy due to the fact that they don't represent the teams that I've grown up watching. The "Hollywood" aspect of their sports celebrity is also the opposite of what our blue collar Michigan values represent.

There have been exceptions of course. Barry Sanders was a superstar but he was perhaps the most unassuming dude to ever be seen in that light. His face was never plastered all over every commercial break on TV and crammed down our throats by the media. Steve Yzerman was a superstar in Detroit but simply a "star" elsewhere. Isiah had superstar ability and might be the best "little man" to ever play the game but never had the mass appeal of Magic & Bird. I'm too young to consider Gordie Howe but he might be the closest comparison for us Detroit fans

I don't like LeBron. But my reasoning is the same as it's always been toward high profile players in all sports. And this opinion stems from growing up watching lunch bucket guys like Al Trammell, Greg Landry and Bill Laimbeer.

4. Mogilny

You can sleep well at nights knowing Stevie Y is bigger than Brady, Manning, A-Rod, Jeter, LeBron and Kobe together in Sweden.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

....not when he is working for Tampa Bay. :yellowprison:

6. Mogilny

During those times you can sleep well knowing his brand is nothing compared to Magdalena Forsbergs, a former champion in womens ski shooting.

7. max

max All-Star

Who is we?

8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You, Darth and me.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

To put this into perspective......

We're talking about a guy who has a picture of Abraham Lincoln tatooed onto his THROAT.

With the number 5 on either side.

[​IMG]

10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Cops shoulda just given the guy a lift home, unless he was too intoxicated to express where that was...

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dude was really celebrating and you have wonder who he was with (entourage etc) that would allow him to drink himself into a a drunken stupor....Just think if he had got in a car killed himself or someone else which would have brought the whole celebratory mood of the team and the city of dallas down to somber mood.

Can some hip person explain the significance of the $5 dollar bill tattoo on his neck?

13. max

max All-Star

Alright I admit it. The Decision was my idea. I still regret it.

14. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Hate is a strong word, but I don't like LeBron James and everything he stands for.

LeBron represents this generation of "ME" basketball that David Stern covets where stars are more inportant than the team concept. The hype machine keeps pumping out how LeBron is the best player in basketball right now. How is that so? Lebron has a below average jump shot, has no low post moves, and is absent during clutch time when a star player should take over and dominate.

The real LeBron is now on display. The LeBron that has a ego the size of Texas and thinks he is entitled.

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy either but he isn't a selfish player. His ego is the size of Lake Erie but the dude plays some team basketball.

16. Mogilny

I wouldn't call his jumpshot below average either. Only two players had better midrange shooting percentage than James this season - Dirk and Ray Allen. However, it gets considerably worse from behind the arc.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

His J is way better than you would think with that form. He's streaky though. Some great shooting in the Chicago series and then it evaporated in the Finals.

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He's a great player fo' sure. But saying "the best player to ever play the game" is an insult to Wilt, Russell, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Zeke, Kobe, Shaq, Malone... and the list goes on.

19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

2nd that

true greatness is stepping up your game on the biggest stages.... not looking disinterested.....

MJ and james are sorta in the same class on how I feel about them, except while I didn't like (hate is to strong a word) both..... I sure as heck respected and feared MJ.

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

All I remember is...that Wade kinda scolded LeBron during game three...and he wasn't the same after that point...