Do YOU Believe Flip?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That has to be the worst picture of Delfino.

3. max

max All-Star

Whatever is going on its getting old. Play him or trade him. Its his 3rd season now. He should either be playing or not on the team anymore.

With that I am still trying to figure out why Flip prefers Flip over Delfino. Whatever, if the choice has been made then its time to move Delfino.

4. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Ouch on reading that article. I really could care less what Flip says but Chauncey pretty much put the ice pick in Delfino's back with his comments about Carlos and his lack of fire and brimstone when out on the court. When your floor leader is critical of your play in a very public medium it is now time to start looking for a new team. In my opinion Carlos is caught up in a vicious cycle. He's got so many great skills but he needs minutes on the floor to exhibit all of those great basketball qualities. He would be a perfect player for a coach like Don Nelson who loves his point forwards that handle the ball, dish, rebound and score. On the positive note there are GMs out there that want Delfino on their squad and I hope he does get traded since I want to see him play more. Seattle is struggling over in the West so maybe Chris Wilcox and another Seattle player for JMax and Carlos. Seattle would be awesome with those 2 on their team.

5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

flip is a liar. simple as that. what he really means is if you are a vet you don't have to produce. dice, lindsey, flip fall into that category.

if it's all about effort, grit and production why isn't jmax playing??

6. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Delfino is done in Detroit. Flip hates him. I don't think Billups likes him either. People haven't forgiven him for his whining the last two years.

Flip can't coach or play politics

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure if Chauncey's characterization of the Pistons as a blue collar hard working team is still correct. It seems to me that we are more of a laid back finesse team. We shoot 70% jumpers to our opponents 58%. Ben Wallace worked in the factory and the rest of these guys are white collar salesmen.

Delfino seems to put as much "effort" in on defense as anyone... except maybe Lindsay. If you look at his stats, he was cruising along fine until he had one poor shooting game, and then his minutes instantly dropped off. That's crazy. Same with Maxiell.

It's only the regular season. What's the point in squeezing out these wins at the expense of bench morale? Even if you're going to trade these guys, at least help increase their value.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

That article kind of makes me want to puke. Does Flip coach hard every game? Does Billups bring his lunch bucket and hard hat each and every night. Hell NO!!

Flip needs to look at his self in the mirror. What if when he makes a bonehead mistake and JoeD sends his ass off to the locker room. He has certainly made a few in his stay here.

Hey Chauncey, I don`t think jacking up 3`s is the equivelant to playing hard - how about drawing fouls, going to the FT line, posting up other PG`S, and what about this one..LEADING A FAST BREAK THAT LEADS TO SOME FREAKING POINTS!!!!

Cb and Flip just shut the hell up ad try and make something out of this season. Delfino will be fine with another team. Hearing the coach and supposed team leader say these things has probably shot what little confidence he had.

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I really can't figure out why they are prolonging the agony with Delfino.

Did Joe pick up the option on Delfino and JMax so it would be easier to make a trade.

Maybe Houston is a good place to land Delfino. I still like Battier.

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I used too. I believed in his words way too long. Probably simply because I wanted to believe him. I wanted his words about playing the bench to be true. Just like you want the words of your girlfriend to be true when she tells you she ain't cheating on you. You want to believe her and one day, you find out that she was lying all the time and everyone around you noticed it- except for you? And why? Because you wanted her words to be true. Many have doubted Flip since last season. I didn't. But know it's becoming obvious he's like a politician when given a Mic and press audience.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I believe in Flip! I also believe in this guy!

[​IMG]

12. bball jay

is it whining when you call the organization on thier bs???

13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No, it's "Malcontention"

14. bball jay

fino has nothing to be content about. that other guy had everything to be content about except he wasn't getting enough shots.

15. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Malcontention -- that's a good compromise between the optimists and the pessimists. Can we all agree that we may not be a contender or a pretender, but we are definitely a malcontender?

BTW, I too noticed the hypocrisy of Chauncey calling someone out for effort.

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I can't believe it. This entire thread was a ploy to turn everyone to the Dark Side. Insidious darth Low...simply insidious.

I think Joe has this infatuation with the multi-talented player...Darko, Delfino, Tay, all have that all around skill base. You can talk about a guy that can do a lot of things decently. What Flip needs is a better role player. A better shooter. A better rebounder. He's looking to plug a gap when one of the penultimate five comes off the floor.

17. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Flip is either a pathological liar, clueless, or both.

Flip says:
    Bench will get pt, especially Delfino, so the starters don't burned out and the bench develops.
    Reality: Starters playing the same minutes, Delfino and JMax out of rotation after 10 games.

Flip says: Delfino and JMax out of rotation.
    Reality: Murray's minutes are down the next game, and Delfino's minutes start to go back up. (BTW, wonder if Joey D had anything to do with this)

18. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

what gets me most is the asinine (and just blatantly untrue and irresponsible) line that he (Flip) doesn't decide minutes. obviously, it's a (lame) way of trying to emphasize that he makes the decisions about minutes in response to what the players bring. it's all the more offensive in that it appears to be completely untrue.

ultimately, in a weird twist of logic, it turns out to be completely true: he doesn't decide the minutes, at least not in any meaningful sense of the word "decide"... nobody decides the minutes. there's no thoughtful, deliberated, coherent far-sighted plan for how to use the bench -- at least none that i've seen. there's a lot that i like about flip, but his bench "use" is completely spastic and reactive.

how any of these bench players manage to produce at all, given the completely mystifying, uncertain, and unreliable way in which they are called on, is a total mystery to me and a minor miracle.

whew.

but i love flip and i'm thankful he's our coach happy thanksgiving.

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Flip will most likely never take responsibility for his part of the team's game-to-game dark side...hence, I do not respect him. He always has a mouse in his pocket and says "...we didn't hit shots...", deflecting his coaching role as insignificant and placing all blame on the players.

LB may have been Joe & BillD's worst nightmare from the management perspective, but at least he owned up to his responsibility to the team on-court. He called himself out for his own f%%k-ups on a few occasions. Flip ain't like that...and the players know it.