Dinner with a Piston

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 7, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sometimes in the game chat, when our excellent team is putting "a beatdown" on a pretender team like the Heat ;) guys will wander to general Pistons talk and informal polls.

Last night I asked, "If you could have dinner with any Piston, who would it be?".

So let's open it up.

Past or present, coaches, players or front office staff,

Who would you want to have dinner with?
    Why?
    Where or what would you eat?
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I would have to say Rip because he is a healthy eater and really watches what goes into his body, therefore, I won't have to worry about wine after dinner because neither one of us drink alcohol.

I could see myself with a nice Seafod dish, maybe grilled ginger salmon and shrimp kabob with a nice green salad and wild rice.

My second choice would be Rasheed, he seems to be the type who would be the laugh of the party.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nice one army. I knew my pal would bail out my thread! ;)

I'd have to say my first choice would be Lindsey. We'd be laughing it up, he's a big time clown, and I have a sneaking suspicion he's the kind of guy to cheat, order a big ol' rack of ribs, and worry about working it off the next day.

Plus, I would be dying to ask him about Joe and Zeke from his perspective.

If we're going older school, I definitely wanna eat with 'Horn. We'd both have bibs on, as course after course was brought to the table. :D Then Ricky and I would hit the town and look for a bar fight or maybe just start one of our own! :laugh:
  4. max

max All-Star

Who's ever buying!

Chuck Daly.

He is the most knowledgeable analysis you will find and probably the most approachable.

The stories he must have!!

Also knows a lot about the current Pistons

I would let Chuck pick the place.
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Bison Dele ... by all accounts a very interesting guy, and one whose strange fate continues to fascinate.
  6. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I would love to have sat in on the dinner shared by Zeke, Laimbeer, and Mark Agguire shortly after Mark became a Piston.
    What better than to expierence first hand how Lamb and Zeke layed down the law to a guy entering with a selfish and shoot-first reputation.
  7. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I'd have to say Joe Dumars. Obviously he is extremely smart and he has alot of wisdom that I could definitely tap into. Plus I would enjoy talking about two generations of Pistons. Isaiah is a very close second. I would enjoy reminiscing about the good ol days beating Bird, MJ, etc.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Interesting choice. Of the current bunch I think I'd have to go with one of the Southern kids - Ben, Lindsey, or Dice. That's after talking my wife out of dinner with Sheed - that Tar Heel thing can get really annoying after a while. (Remember, Sheed is a yankee in powder blue drag.) Of the three, especially given that Dice only reads fashion magazines according to an article I read (link posted here, thank you), I might have to go with Ben. Us Virginia guys need to stick together.

I'm not sure where we would eat, but there would be pork involved, and most likely a mess of greens. And a lot of cornbread.

With an option for any Piston player or coach of all time, I might have to forgo the greens and listen to Chuck Daly talk about anything he wanted.
  9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'm not sure if he even eats food, but i think my number one choice would have to be worm. i expect that if we didn't wind up arrested or in the papers (or even if we did) that would be truly unforgettable experience. plus, if i was strictly forced to choose just one, he's probably my favorite nba player of all time.

second choice: sheed.

both of 'em seem to me to have a kind of secret strange sort of intelligence that i expect i'd find fascinating.
  10. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

I might choose Mike Abdenour - someone who's been around and seen a lot of players and coaches come and go. It'd be interesting to get his take on the people he's met in his years in the business.
  11. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I'm disappointed in you Roscoe. I thot your favorite would have been the Microwave! :nod:
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm going to cheat a little bit, and pick the all defense wrecking crew.

Dinner with Ben, Mahorn, Rodman, Laimbeer, Sheed, and Hunter at a very nice restaurant in either South Beach (right now), Indianapolis (last year) , Boston, (1988), or wherever Joisey plays (2004).

Of course, the ballers are pickin up the bar tab, and I'm fueling the fire!
  13. max

max All-Star

I want to change my vote. Front office staff loosly interperated as all Palace staff I choose the brunette from Automotion. You know the one - 5'5"-ish 130lbs.
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

umm there's more than one of those!! unless that was what you were getting at ;D

my vote would be chuck daly, he has great stories. plus since he's not involved in the league anymore, he wouldn't watch what he says, like dumars would have to (at this point in time).
  15. max

max All-Star

Like I would have a shot in hell with any of them anyway.
  16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

1. Dinner with sheed; good talker, knowledgeable, funny; and generous

2. Dinner with delfino; because he is gorgeous