1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Did Ben Wallace make Joe Dumars?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 4, 2010.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Mike James?

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

[​IMG]
    David Sherman/NBAE/Getty Images
    In Minnesota with coach Flip Saunders, Chauncey began to develop into a point guard capable of leading an NBA squad.

Chauncey; We ought to trade for that guy Ben Wallace.

Flip: Naw, I don't think so

3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Acquiring Ben Wallace cheap was one of the most impprtant moves that Joe made. I think letting Mike James go instead of resigning him was a grave mistake. There was serious defensive chemistry in the backcourt with James and Hunter coming off the bench.

Picking up Billups was good at the time, however, I am one who will never get upset for Joe ridding the Pistons of Billups because it was time.

Billups play became inconsistent especially in the playoffs, it got a little worse each playoff series. Remember he made some of the most awful decision making that I've ever seen from a PG during those 3 years AWC (after winning the championship).

I will defer a bit by saying if Joe D had picked up a better supporting cast during free agency, trades i.e. we may have been much better off with our original starters in place.

Remember how we BMC'd (b****, moaned and complained) about Joe mis-firing on available FA's, while other teams loaded up and we picked up what's his name, I am serious we picked up a couple of players I can't even remember their names it was that bad.

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'll help you out:
    Nazr Webber
    Jarvis Ham
    Flip Dupree
    Cheikh Mohammed