Dice will be back

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

McDyess to remain a Piston

AUBURN HILLS -- Pistons president Joe Dumars was in a mind to draft perimeter players with both the No. 15 and No. 27 picks in Thursday's draft -- which was much easier to do after learning earlier in the day that power forward Antonio McDyess was coming back.

McDyess notified the Pistons that he would be picking up his $6.3 million option and return to the team next season.

"We analyzed everything," said Andy Miller, McDyess' agent. "At the end of the day, he decided that he was comfortable with the situation in Detroit and he wanted to repay the loyalty the Pistons have shown him."

Miller said he expects to sit down with Dumars in July to try to hammer out an extension that would keep McDyess in Detroit through the 2009-10 season.

McDyess, who will be 33 next season, averaged eight points and six rebounds last season.

McDyess to remain a Piston

The link is not working for some reason though, but that is all of the story anyways.

This leaves Amir to be Tayshaun's backup.
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

That's good news.

Thanks for posting
    :hoops:
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I agree. I do not get all the Dice bashing. You don't go completely young with all 20 year olds. Veteran leadership is good.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    So now it is official. I wonder if Joe's planning on doing anything about the center.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He should be. I think he did not see what he liked in the free agent list (the list of centers for FA is not very good) and he probably did not see C's he liked in the draft. This means he is going to trade for one.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

They'll sign Dice this summer for 2 years...........Probably about 6.8 mil per season..............Love the guy..........