Detroit vs. Toronto - Sat. Nov 5th 2005

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by roscoe36, Sep 23, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons Game 3 of the 2005/6 NBA Regular Season
    Sat. Nov 5th 2005, 7:30 PM Eastern
    Palace of Auburn Hills, built 1998, league leading capacity 22,076
    TV: WDIV, TSN
    Radio: WDFN 1130AM

Detroit 2005 Record vs. Toronto: 3-1
    -

2. roscoe36

ESPN Box Score

Pistons roll over hapless Raps

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons didn't think the Toronto Raptors had anyone capable of guarding Tayshaun Prince on Saturday night.

They were right.

Prince scored 15 of his 27 points in the first half, dominating rookie Joey Graham and second-year player Matt Bonner, and the Pistons stayed unbeaten with a 117-84 victory. [click here for more]

Attached Files:

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

When we're done with the Raptors we'll be 3-0 we'll kill the Raptors, and Celtics. AI will put up a valiant effort, but his team isn't going to be much of a help so there's the 3rd win. I would of never traded Vinsanity if I was them at least he got some people to buy tickets to watch him.

4. roscoe36

Vince was killing the locker room and undermining the coach/management. He was a cancer, and I applaud the Raps for having the stones to kick him to the curb even if they did not get full value for him. He would have destroyed the franchise had he stayed.

It was a tough decision, but one that had to be made.

5. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Micro

Do you think that VC will affect the chemistry in NJ as well? I know that the NETS went on a helluva run after acquiring VC last year just to sneak into the playoffs. Do you think that VC, despite the "attitude, ego and injury issues" was a good investment by the NETS? Will 3 perimeter players and a young stud in Krstic be enough to compete for the EAST? Net's fans think so.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If they would of got Shareef they would be the 4th best team in the East, that just my opinion. Since they didn't I think the Cavs are in my #4 spot now.

7. roscoe36

No, I don't think VC will affect chemistry in NJ. He's not being asked for leadership, just scoring. He couldn't handle the responsibility of being a leader or the face of a franchise. JKidd will not let him get out of hand or the ball will be passed to RJ.

Carter purposely tanked his play in Toronto. Imagine Ben not jumping for an entire game. That was what Carter did. He quit on his teammates and even had the stones to admit it later in an interview. He's a primadonna.

Good for the Nets, but the Raps got rid of a festering problem, with some cap relief and role players in return. Not to mention the 1st round picks they acquired. I think (contrary to popular opinion) that 10 years from now, this will be a better deal for the Raps than the Nets. NJ has little chance of winning it all in a conference with Miami, Detroit and Indianapolis.

8. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I agree with you

I'm not sold on VC the "saviour" as the NETS think of him. He is a very good player that GAVE UP ON HIS TEAM, much in the same way that Alonzo gave up on the NETS, Zo didn't think the Nets had enough to compete for a title so he orchestrated a trade. Then after being traded to an "undesireable place" like Toronto, Zo has the guts to refuse to report. I hate that whiny type of attitude. I think that VC is a "lazy whiner" who got his way and will now start playing again because "he feels like it". VC is talented but I don't want that type of player on my team. The Nets were ecstatic about him because he showed up and helped them into the players and brought credibility and "star power" to a team that had struggled without Kidd for much of the season.

Im as big of Nets hater as there is, but to say that VC, RJ, Kidd and a very good young 7 footer like Krstic isn't a nice start to a team is being short-sighted.

From the Toronto perspective, I would agree that draft picks are great but ONLY IF YOUR GM CAN DRAFT. I think Araujo is a complete bust. Everytime I've seen him play he is so unathletic and such a stiff it's pathetic. Villanueve played well in preseason but has alot to prove to prove he was worth #7. I agree it was a good trade for Toronto just to clear out a "bad seed" who had worn out his welcome and wasn't buying into the new defensive coaching philosophy. I hope in time it becomes a positive for that franchise because I would sure hate to see a scumbag player like VC get the last laugh.

9. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

i don't care how fugly it is.....we need wins, so let's get one tonight.

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Bench PT.

Is 15 minutes for DMC and 10 for Delfino unreasonable?

Delfino is at the top of the league in FG%. He's 1 for 1 on a reverse jam. Up there with him are DMC, SupDup, and JMaxx...also on a dunk.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I expect a lot of bench time we have one of the worst teams in the nba coming to the palace we'll have the game finished very early, and the bench will have a lot of playing time. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is Mike James coming back to the Palace hope he has a lot of playing time tonight.

12. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Tonight

Seems to me that tonight would be the time to see our second team in as a unit. The starters played heavy minutes last night and had a plane trip home afterwards.

We have one of the weaker teams in, and we are at home, on national TV. What better time to showcase our new second unit?

Oh, yeah, and WIN a game with them contributing. :eyebrows: :laugh:

13. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

Yeah looking forward to seeing the Bulldog, only problem is...he killed us last year. Should see lots of minutes for the bench since this is a back to back with travel and our starters played alot of minutes.

14. roscoe36

Reverse those. Delfino has a year or two playing pro ball in Europe as a starter. We need Delfino to rest Tay and Rip. Can't get into a scenario where we count on Evans exclusively.

(Here come the HOFers) - DMC is still in the learning/growing etc stage. He needs regular minutes and not exclusively in GT. Just the same, we have a lot of quality guys on this roster who all need to get going. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dale Davis tonight. The Ps are not going to leave him inactive for 10 games to start the season. He's got a LOT more in the tank than Elden did 2 years ago.

Where LB had to work hard to exclude players, Flip has the opposite problem of providing enough playing to everyone and keeping the whole roster sharp.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

actually, delfino is 2 for 2

Dont forget the fallaway jumper from the corner.That was more awesome. We got enough dunkers...Also, this game is on league pass Free tonight for those who can get it. I'll be here tonight with play by play.Send me any questions...my bruddahs!

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'm with you on all points, Micro.

Hopefully we'll see the starters get 20+ minutes with the bench pulling nice burn time. I think I'd prefer to give darko his extended look early rather than balance out with DD. Mostly because it was frustrating to see LB use every other option before DMC. Everybody is waiting to see if Flip will let Darko play a decent backup role...even Darko. If DMC isn't earning his keep on his floor time, then let Davis come in for him. There will be opportunites for Davis in the next few games.

We'll see how it plays out.

17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know about that (although I hope you're right). Toronto always seems to play us tough. They do suck, but we always seem to get their best game.

Our starters could use a short night after playing 40 minutes last night.

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't remember, but i think the last time toronto gave us a fight was when vince was there, I'm not sure though.

19. roscoe36

Hey Jammer!

I'm watching this one on WDIV. I can't stand the Raptors' announcers. No one has ever put as much effort into saying Rafael Araujo as Chuck Swirsky.

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You got that channel in Canada? or are you coming here for some reason.