Detroit vs T Wolves

Discussion in 'October 2012' started by copper, Oct 24, 2012.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

man I am really hating this coaching staff.....why does frank think rolling Drummond out there with a scrub unit is better than letting him play with decent players? Instead he lets the starters build a 15 point hole then brings in the second unit as a whole again and they play par ball. then the little idiot pulls them and puts the starters back in in a mass substituion just to watch the starters drop another 10 points. Most of Minnys points have come from around the hoop and drive and dish and controlling the glass. Seems to me we have a guy thats kinda good at gettin boards and changing shots

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    21-1 run by Pistons to start 3rd

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

The Pistons went to a zone defense and they started going to the hoop drawin fouls and brought the defecit back to 5

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

at 2;41 of the 3rd drummond comes in to play with monroe bk, stuckey and sigler

5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

and with 54 seconds left he comes back out

6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

why does coach never wanna play middleton and english? They can actually play defense and shoot from distance.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like we got slaughtered by a scrub team in the pre-season while another team was in the World Series. Copper, you should get a medal for making it through this game if you actually did.

8. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Only caught the second half of this one (thanks for small blessings). The spacing is awful. The starting unit is stale as all hell and the bench guys have made a hobby out of playing hot potato with the basketball. I hate seeing guys get open looks, hesitate (or do the Tay fake) and drive right back into the defense (the starting lineup, especially Stuck, Tay and Greg do this far, far too much). It's maddening. As much as everyone hated that we were such a jump shot reliant team in the past, players who can hit a shot from beyond 5 feet of the hoop are what we need right now. Iirc Lee mentioned a proposed SL of Knight/English/JJ/Monroe/Drummond, and I think that would be a good start. Stuck can Collide with other teams' benches and make a bid for rookie of the year from there.

If I never see that Knight/Bynum backcourt again it'll be too soon.

Monroe absolutely must finish better. He gets blocked so often I've lost count, and I don't like him running around leading the break either.

Speaking of the fast break - the Collider "led" those with blinders on today, though he admittedly had some success with it this time.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

SOME success? He was almost as good as Chase Buddinger.

10. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wolves minus Love and Rubio too. I continue to be worried.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In all fairness, I can't remember the last time the Pistons have won a game in Manitoba. It's more difficult than one would think.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's hard to focus on the game when there are so many other temptations there.

If you don't have time to watch the video, the highlights include a forest, a couple bars, and an old convent.

roscoe36 likes this.