Detroit vs. New York - Sun. Apr 16th 2006

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 2, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We should win this and surpassed the franchise regular season record even the starters play between 25 to 30 minutes. Nothing better than doing it at home, The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Would be nice if the bench plays better 'D' this time, unlike the 4th quarter in the previous game against the Raptors.

3. roscoe36

Knicks are playing to spoil. I wouldn't count this as a guaranteed win.

The time on this game (6 pm) means I have to cut out of a big family get together. Why wouldn't they schedule this game later?

4. roscoe36

Ladies and Gents, I'm opening chat early as I may not be around at gametime. Have a great evening!

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

u and that alter ego kill me....i see a sloppy game coming...cant see the fav 6 takin this one seriously...my 66-16 prediction is in jeopardy thanx 2 mike james!

6. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This might be the most winnable gameof the three left, only because the Bucks and Wiz are still playing for playoff seeding.

THis will be a hard win to get simply for the fact the guys are just staying fresh for the playoffs. Get a win today and get all the new records for the franchise.

GO PISTONS!!!!

7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Nobody on the bench except Delk and Lindsey managed to hit a jumpshot in the first half.

8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

* Bench on jumpshots/isos:

Delk good, Lindsey respectable.

Dice 1-4.
    Evans 1-3.
    Delfino 0-2.

* Lindsey Hunter's rediscovered his jumpshot - at a price. We all know he can't run an offense very well, but his defense has been nonexistent these last two games.

* Hunter, Delk, and Evans were credited with 7 turnovers. Garbage time or no, that's not acceptable for the bench guards.

* I never, ever want to see any sort of zone defense again. The hybrid zone Flip convinced the bench to play in the second quarter didn't work. Zone doesn't work, period.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Pistons and Redwings are first teams from same city to have NBA and NHl's best record!! Lets go get the ring!!!!

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The starters are ready for the playoffs. The bench is OK, but cannot trust them out there without a leader on the offensive end and they need more than just Lindsey on the defensive end. Good thing is we only have two more games to experiment and see our bench play no defense. 27 point lead trimmed 6.:doh:

The only burning question left the next couple of days is who will be visiting the Palace next weekend as the 8th seed and what team has the best chance to take at least one game from us? It could even be one of the two teams we face to end of the season Bucs & Wiz. So I say don't give them false hope and beat then down just as we did today (in the first half anyway).

A 16-0 sweep is possible, but I am thinking maybe 16-4 to reclaim the Ship!

11. roscoe36

Flip's postgame press conference (MP3 format) attached.

Talks about playing the bench, rest, starters' minutes etc.

Attached Files:

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One record left within reach. We tied the Piston's record for home wins tonight. One game left to break it.

13. max

max All-Star

Win #64!! And I would not be upset if it was the last win of the regular season.

The goal in the final 2 games should be to not sustain any injuries.

In this one I suppose the shame of losing 2 strainght to the knicks would have been unbearable. Even with LB back home suffering from acid reflux.

Just amazing how good the starters have looked the past few games. Even in TOR they were able to build decent leads. Bench guys have just not been hanging onto them. That ok. If we are ever in a position to have to go more than 9 deep then something will be very wrong.

14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sometime between tomorrow and Wednesday nights I'd sure like to see Dice hit a couple of jumpers in a row. He seems the one most discombobulated by playing with a full bench team - at least partly due to Delk refusing to toss the ball out when he's open on the pick and roll. I'd hate for Dice to lose the roll he's been on.

Otherwise, if last night's first quarter means anything, it's that the starters are ready to go this weekend. Practice Thursday and Friday might be a little intense.

P.S. How many times can they run that opening tap play without someone figuring out how to stop it? Interesting evolution last night from Ben to Sheed to Rip, to Ben to Sheed to Rip to Tay. Signs of coaching?

15. roscoe36

That is pretty sweet. That's the Flip mentality. As Sheed says, he's the Steve Spurrier of basketball. Keep putting points on the board.

16. jzchen

WOW!!! If the starters can start the game like they did in this game, it's gonna be a very SCARY playoffs for any team facing us. Like what the NBA Finals theme song in 2004, 'LET'S GET IT STARTED'!!! BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Best regular season record in franchise history. Nothing is sweeter than to do it at The Palace of Auburn Hills and ironically, against the coach that guided the same team (starting 5) to a championship 2 years ago. Coincidentally, both Bill Davidson's team at Detroit has the best record going into the playoffs, the Red wings and the Pistons. JUST GREAT!!!

How bout a repeat of 2004 where both Red Wings and the Pistons win it all? That would be AWESOME!!!

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ummm... I don't think Bill Davidson owns the Redwings. He does own the Detroit Shock, though, and I don't follow hockey, but I think it is the Tampa Bay Lightning (they won the pre-lockout Cup, right?). That was the year that all 3 of his teams won their respective championships. Pretty cool to be him, eh? Gives me the impression that he knows what he's doing...

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think Coy's right Chen. Never has Detriot owned the Cup and NBA 'ship.
    This year looks very good.

19. jzchen

Apologies, guys. My bad.