Detroit Sun Apr 26 3:30PM Round 1 Game 4

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 26, 2009.

1. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

End of an era, neverthless, every few franchises get luxuries to have a wonderful ride like Pistons in this recent years though it ended with bitterness like all endings do.
    Thank you Roscoe, Pistons suck this season but we are so lucky to have a place to warm each other. Hail. :hug:

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thank you bro. It's a team effort.

3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Yeah I agree. It was a great ride and will always be remembered in basketball history. Sheed is and always will be one of my favorite Pistons. I'll never forget the heart and swagger Sheed brought to this team in '04 and the later years. Him and Ben were just a crazy pairing of defense in the front court. People hate on Sheed, but without him we wouldn't have won the championship in '04 and contrary to what most people think I believe Sheed just doesn't have it anymore. It's not that he's lazy or unfocused he is 34 years old and being asked to bear the load of full starters minutes and be our main frontcourt scorer and be the anchor of the defense. Whatever the case though, it was a great run and I'm looking forward to this offseason.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well too late for me, i already renewed lol...i couldn't pass up the opportunity to upgrade to the next best section for zero extra cost.

i thought it was fitting that sheed took the last shot of his pistons career, and it was a 3-pointer that badly bounced off the side of the rim. and that dice had a good game. and that stuckey played well, 7-14 with 6 assists and 0 turnovers...at least he takes care of the ball which is a good sign for the rest of his career.

i wasn't sad that the era officially ended today and that i had to witness cavs fans celebrating in our place. i thought it wasn't right, but i'm ready to move and clearly so are the vets. i'd be fine with none of the 'core' returning to be perfectly honest.

5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The worst thing about this game was hearing all of the Cleveland fans cheering each Cavalier basket... it must have been 50% Cavs fans there. I never thought I'd see the day... prior to LeBron, the Cavs didn't even have a fanbase.

That made my stomach turn, hearing all of that. That ain't right. As was the way our "core" played. If none of Rasheed, Prince and Rip were back next year, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'm done with all of them.

6. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

Yeah fire Dumars trade the core.... change the logo back to teal and lets bask in mediocrity for 5 years because we had one bad year this decade seriously I hope JoeD doesn't react like some of you want him 2.

7. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

So you were there when Billups played his last game for the Pistons, cause that was the end of the era right there.

8. BB4L11

CB is still nailing daggers ha ha only for the other mob, Sh*t trade.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Please don't try to beat the language filter.

10. BB4L11

(+/-) don't mean sh*t, we played against Lebron and the Cavs for goodness sake, they are gonna outscore you no matter who you got on the court. If an individual is busting his backside on 'D' and working hard in 'O' it's all for sh*t if his team mates like Wallace and Co don't bother helping out on 'D' and jack up crap all night. Just by watching the game you know if a player is trying hard for his team and team mates not by a crappy (+/-) stat.

11. slowfall

What really bothers me about this series is the FT discrepancy.

Cleveland attempted 124 FT
    Detroit attempted 58 FT
    66 more attempts.

For perspective Lebron shot 59...
    He also had 5 fouls... In the entire series.

The margin of victory was a combined 62.

12. BB4L11

My bad, but it was!

13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Can't draw fouls taking jumpers...

14. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

True dat

15. slowfall

This is where I got confused because it really seemed like all we shot were jumpers but that really wasn't the case unless we did a lot of driving in garbage time.

Cleveland had 278 FG attempts of those 137 were in the paint.

Detroit had 308 FG attempts of those 141 were in the paint.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is surprising! Would not have guessed that.

I guess the difference is probably that when a player is fouled, it doesn't register as a shot attempt. So, add about 60 more paint FGA for the Cavs.

17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Same here. In the 3rd quarter, I opted for going out and gardening instead. Sad sad sad, albeit predictable, end to a frustrating season.

Of all the 2004 remains, Rip's the only one I'd keep. If we can add other threats via FA this summer so that opposing teams cannot afford to triple team him at every posession, he can become his old self.

I don't agree with people that keep saying Bynum's the only keeper. He's playing for his first 7 figure contract. If he keeps his play at this level after that, then I'll be sold on him.

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not sure that Rip is a keeper. Hanging on to Hamilton means hanging on to an offense that is predicated on watching your SG running through 6 picks and 10 seconds of the shot-clock in order to get a mid-range jumper off. Rip's good at it - don't get me wrong. I'm just sayin that it would be nice to have a 2 and a 3 that can create their own shots without needing the rest of the team to stand around and watch for 24 seconds at a time.

In my opinion - NO UNTOUCHABLES THIS SUMMER!

If the right deal comes along and Joe can pull the trigger - the ENTIRE ROSTER should be in play.

BTW; make sure you keep everyone updated on how your garden is coming along: http://www.pistonsforum.com/green-room-forum-lounge/7033-gardening.html

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Its not a shot attempt. But they sure get the points at the free throw line. Look at the free throw discrepency. Its quite obvious we got killed inside.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think the mistake is having Rip be your first option offensively. If you had the 3 on the opposite side of the floor who could go 1 on 1 and Rip coming off of screens on the other side then that could work.

Either that or developing a plan other than hoping teams don't jump the screen might help.