Detroit Sun Apr 26 3:30PM Round 1 Game 4

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hopefully, McCoskey said it.

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Listening to Blaha after a game is like walking on glass!

3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lol....no hubie brown when the game was over.......said curry was dealt a bad hand and will be back.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The last game ever to be played by the old core. I won't miss them much. Not after watching how bad they were today. The remaining 3, Rip, Sheed, and Prince did zero in this game. And it seemed Curry only played them to ensure the loss.

The old core that won the championship was Billups, traded, Rip, soon to be gone, Tay, soon to be gone, Ben, left when the leaving was good, good for him, and Sheed, soon to be gone.

Dyess had a fine game. He looked terrible in there when paired with a center. Or I should say, it sure looked like nobody was home between the two centers who were supposedly in the game. Our defensive rotations of course were rancid. Curry never adjusted. Never cared about what was going on in the slightest, just kept up the silly mantra of just play hard.

Bynum did well. Why Stuckey had to be our starter this year - and why we therefore gave up on AI - and before that sent Rip to the bench - it makes no sense at this point Madness.

A season of player mismanagement by a coach who does not have the slightest clue. Sheed arrived injured due to being asked to sprint down the floor too much to get back on transition D, since Curry so often paired him with Dyess - or Kwame, who of course could not do the job. Sheed is still heavily injured from that, so Curry gets a zero out of 100 for player prep for Sheed.

Dyess? Remember the rebounding machine he was for a while. That should have been occurring now, not 20 games back. Dyess got burnt out early because Curry made the stupid rookie decision to put Dyess in as a starter.

Rip? Groin injury that has never healed. Where did he get that from? Playing small ball and asking him to guard guys heavier than him. Another 0.

Prince is heavily injured. And we never developed a backup small forward, so we just played the heck out of him, injured or not. Pathetic preparation at that position.

Stuckey just got way overplayed for his first full year. Young does not mean you can play that many minutes. Another case of mismanaging a player.

Amir did not play the last two. A travesty of course after making a difference in game 2. Tonight, Afflalo shines at the end of the first quarter, so does not play at the end of the 3rd quarter. We stay with a totally useless injured Rip Hamilton there, just to make sure the success of the first quarter can not in any way possible translate into success in the 3rd quarter.

No Kwame. I guess he must be injured again? Did not hear.

Who to keep? For sure, not Dumars. He has utterly failed the fans as a GM since we won it all, making one stinking salary cap move after another, and never caring about getting the team better. Hiring his buddy to coach - that is the last straw. Half the people at the Palace tonight were from Cleveland. How much more of a shameful performance can you put out than to populate Piston land with fans from the mistake on the lake.

Not much more to say about the game. JMAX was not getting the job done on the offensive end, but we should not have been force feeding him the ball inside when it was not working out. Just bad coaching. Herrmann barely played. What a joke. Another reason to fire Dumars just for signing this guy.

Catch you all next season. However, I am done writing up the games. To many of you who have liked my writeups, thanks for reading. Have a great day.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, he was dealt a bad hand alright...by his parents...a low I.Q. and poor fashion sense...:cold:

6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

this hurts. Now I finally know for sure that this team is as bad as it presented itself during the regular season. I have to admit that I was hoping for a Cinderella story til this very moment.
    I feel so sorry for Mc Dyess who fought like a warrior for this team. He is the real deal, no matter what. Now it's time to get into rebuild- mode. Everyone's on the block, except for Bynum. Maybe he could form a nice backcourt with Stuckey at the 2 for years to come. I'd keep Mc Dyess until he's 50, only because of his heart. But I'd rather see him win that damn ring somewhere and with the Pistons in rebuild- mode this is going to be difficult...

7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Didn't watch after game 3, thankfully it's over. I'm glad the Cavs steamrolled the Pistons, maybe Joe will finally understand how much they lack in the coaching and player department. If CB was here we would have likely won a game or two, making things look more competitive than they really are. Sweeping changes are needed, everyone except Bynum (need a PG) should be available for a price. Bye to Sheed and Dice. Maybe they need to get rid of the old guard in Tay and Rip, this team needs a fresh new attitude.

It was suggested that AI was not accepted by the veterans as CB leaving was a shock, and they expected AI to fall in line as they had and I have won a Ring attitude. This was in MLive, take it for what its worth.

8. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Most relieving day of the year.

9. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I feel exactly the same way. It's been a great ride, but its time for a clean slate and fresh start. Here's where Joe gets to really earn his pay. The 2004 Stone's were freaking awesome. Ben was flying all over the court. CB was nailing daggers, and Sheed was completely involved. I want to see a young athletic team, which lays it on the line every night.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Old school pistons (tay. Sheed, and Rip) showed no pride scoring a total of 8 pts on 3-24 shooting and went to the line twice.

Only Bynum, Dyess and Stuckey looked like they wanted to extend the season and I am sure Kwame would have wanted to also it Curry had remembered he was on the team.

I heard Magic say in the pregame that the Pistons need to show some pride and not go down likw this. Then after the game Michael Cooper came on and said he was surprised that the Pistons folded without going down with a fight.

No heart and no respect for the coach IMO

If Joe doesn't fire him in the next week or so, then he needs to resign himself.

Can't expect to land a nice FA without them knowing that they have a good coach leading the team.

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Sad thing, when the Bulls went into OT, I could have switched to ESPN2 to watch the Pistons. Any other time over the last 20 year, I would have. But today, I watched the Bulls, and I cheered for them, because I saw a young hungry team.

Then I saw the Pistons.

Yuck.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here are the final +/- figures for the entire 2009 playoff run:

AJ: +9
    WH: +7
    AA: +2
    WB: -17
    JM: -19
    KB: -22
    AM: -39
    RS: -49
    TP: -50
    RW: -58
    RH: -74

Holy Lebron did our big 3 play like they wanted to be traded! Totally pathetic. The bad back, the strained calf, and the nagging groin may have been part of it, but there was definitely more.

Sheed was totally absent. No shot blocking, no offensive rebounding, no effort to get in the paint, no defensive enforcement, no deep shooting, and seemingly no visual leadership.

Tay may have been the most injured, given that he couldn't complete a game. Clearly he would have been getting muscled around though even if he was 100%.

Rip was just overmatched... like Bowen was guarding him or something. Everything he did looked difficult against Cleveland... and surely it was difficult to be the go-to scorer against such a good defense. Can't beat them by yourself in the half-court.

Stuckey was nothing special. Bad shooting, a couple nice drives and a bunch of forced drives that teed the ball up for Cleveland's fast break.

McDyess was the best of the starting unit with his nice shooting. But as Lee mentioned, we didn't get to see the super energized Dice of the regular season. Should never have increased his minutes before the post season to Tay-like levels. Good job today hitting all those jump shots.

But the real story in my opinion is that we discovered Will Bynum. This is a guy who we never would have given playing time if it weren't for the Billups trade + the injuries/ AI-WOL incedents. Will was arguably our best player in this series and for the last month of the season. We are paying him nothing. He was a nobody. And now we have a PG for next year if we want to move Stuck to the SG position. If we want to stick with Stuck, then we have a top 5 backup PG.

Will Bynum and Aron Afflalo were playing incredible defense today. And on top of that, Cleveland actually felt the need to have Lebron guard Will Bynum!

Oh well. The rebuild begins now. This season was a bad soap opera.

I really hope MC is gone ASAP, but would bet the farm that he'll be back. Maybe Kwame will march into the locker room and end the MC experiment!

13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I was sad when that game ended. When the Pistons came on TV I proceeded moving boxes from the last house to the new one.

Frankly, the Pistons shouldn't have even made an attempt to make the playoffs. What a snoozer of a series.

14. max

max All-Star

Other post-seasons we used to post threads in the staff area on the best way to organize all the playoff threads so they would be easy to read. This year its just writing up 4 threads as the games came along. The rate at which the Pistons were losing going into this and playing against the top seeded team you knew it would be ugly. But I was hoping they would show more pride and play a little tougher - heck maybe even win a game.

One of those years. If there was something to go wrong or to not work out then it always seemed to happen. And it all had to end listening to all the Cavs fans who purchased those $11 tickets. What did they make out of that deal - an extra 20K or so.

Anyway its done. Its done and I am glad its done. No more feeling obligated to watch a game that you know is going to be rough. Can sit back and enjoy the rest of the playoffs now. Watch the playoffs and wait for the draft and FA period to begin. There is going to be a lot of trades happening. This summer should not disappoint like last summer did. Dumars has no choice now.

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Probably $100K when you throw in parking & concessions.

I feel sorta relieved it's over cuz it's been agonizing to watch.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good choice.

17. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

We're learning why the Bulls finished ahead of us. They're hungrier...and better.

18. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I actually felt like crying at the end of the game. Sad really that this is the end. It's been so much fun watching these guys for such a long time now and how in the heck are we supposed to watch the Pistons without Rasheed yelling "Straight Up, Straight Up , I won't be able to stand it. I watched every one of these games with Cleveland with a heavy heart, knew what was coming, knew the end was near, but somehow praying maybe just maybe a miricle would happen but deep down knew all along it was a pipe dream. Couldn't stop hoping a little bit tho. Damn its sad.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for the writeup. I say if Curry is back, the fans should not come back. Not one person to commit to renewing their season tickets until they hear Curry is fired. Me, right now, I don't have a job, heading back to college, so I won't be spending on any games. But people who can, don't. Not with this coach. And really, should we even extend this to Dumars going bye bye?

20. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Another unaggressive game by the Pistons...not even caring about getting sweeped....disgusting.