Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards Nov. 17

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by roscoe36, Nov 12, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

I am happy with this win. And it was a win against a team we had problems with last season. Arenas was tied up and the Wash frontcourt was neutralized when Mohammed was out.

This game is more proof that Mohammed and Murry have no game. Nice comeback when Flip went with Davis and Hunter.

2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Gazoo on trade:

The core still has talent. Not signing Ben, Ok it is done, but we need to give the core some help. Tonight our bench was Hunter who is 36. Sheed has been going it alone many nights down low and then he is asked to be the main man on offense as well.

We need a scorer off the bench or at least someone other than Lindsey who can bring some energy on the perimeter.

We have to figure out really quickly who on our squad, if anyone, can help Sheed down. If nobody can step up, we have to get someone. Sheed is too good a defender still to waste. He can't do it alone.

Flip needs to get a real NBA offense with ball movement and or cutters. He has two young stars to build it on: Tay and Rip. Those two guys will be there most nights. Did you see how beautiful it was when Sheed got the pass from Tay at the free throw line? Way better than one on one.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Good post. What happened to the Pistons that used to run plays? It seems like sometime during the playoffs (Cleveland series, I think) the Pistons whole offensive philosophy regressed to isos and "ride the hot hand" one pass and shoot.

I thought maybe it was Flip, but I remember them running plays during the record setting season. What happened? Don't tell me B. Wallace was calling all the sets!

Tay and Rip are the future of this team. No doubt about it. Sheed still has some great skills and crafty moves, C Bill may be to $$$ to keep.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Was Maxiel hurt or something?

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

saw most of the game. This year could really be blood and guts, if our guys can't find some cohesion. nice win.

6. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Dice just tweaked his ankle, so he might be a little sore. All said and done, I think the Pistons played some good ball today. Hunter gave some good energy from the bench, both offensively and defensively. I don't know how you can say it was an awful game. Washington gave us hell last year everytime we played them. We were taking inside and doing some nice inside outside plays. Rip was hitting the lane hard today. Sheed was in the paint quite abit.

The bench besides Hunter didn't provide anything, and Maxiell didn't play, but it still was a decent win. When Flip put some of his bench out there during the 2nd we fell 10 or so points. I think thats why Flip didn't go to them much more during the game, aside from Hunter. Good win IMO. What else could you really ask for? Aside from the bench playing a little more it was good.

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know about you guys, but I can't be happy about a win that needed Tay to play 43mins, CB 39 and Sheed 41. This doesn't make too much sense.

8. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons are running around with their heads cut off. Well, I hate already knowing that we are going to get beat down by this team on national TV. I was watching the Bulls last night guys. If I didn't know better i would think that Ben Wallace would like to be back in Detroit and Detroit would love to have Ben back. Man i wish we could at least get Uncle Cliffy back on the squad. I need some encouragement.

9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That's what I'm feeling too, BRO. One more game.....

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Am I mistaken? I could of sworn we had a guy with a #54 jersey who can help down low.

11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

no he was on the bench "earning" playing time.

12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Thank you for this win Pistons, thank you.

Now if it`s not asking too much, can you do it again next Saturday night at the Verizon Center.........thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Dlev59

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I was going to write that one off as a 4th game in 5 nights for the Pistons, but it turns out that the Wizards will also be playing their 4th in 5 nights, and as part of a tougher stretch--the first three for them are at Houston, at Dallas, and at Memphis. Pistons start their stretch next Tuesday at Philly, but then they're home for Atlanta and Charlotte before going to Washington.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah...so can you shut up about the minutes thing. You know you needed that win like water to plants!

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Like I always say to u youngens, 'last year was last year" and this wizard team is not that good after u shut down Arenas. Back2back games need more bench production and the leader shouldnt be a 37 year old.

16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

was at the game ... was technically a 'sellout', but i'd say only 15,000 of the 22,076 were there. the pistons in general had a lot more energy, and the game actually felt like last year and the year before, where we'd take over in the last 5 minutes and force the opponent into mistakes that cost them the game.

in this case, the victim was deshawn stevenson, who is probably one of the worst / dumbest players in the NBA.

17. max

max All-Star

I don't know who they are trying to fool with these sellouts. Either they are not being honest or one of their sponsers is buying the extra tickets.