Detroit Pistons vs. NOK Hornets Nov. 15th, 2006

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by roscoe36, Nov 12, 2006.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flip's strategy obviously is to play the starters and make them getting a lead- he only substitutes to give them a rest, not to change the game.
    If the starters don't get a 10pt lead, Flip doesn't know what to do and simply plays the starters more, hoping they finally get it done. I wonder if that had been his strategy since he arrived in the Motor City? I also wonder if he's thinking to overhaul it since it seems as if the starters simply ain't good enough to pull 10pts+ leads whenever they're in.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The reason why Flip takes that shot, is that this offense and system dictates, take the open shot, regardless of time and score.

And that is something stodgy old Uncle Larry would never do. You were always looking for a smart shot in that system.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

We can all point to mistakes made down the stretch of the 4th quarter, which were there, but the second half wasn't the real problem last night. The Pistons won that half 50-40, which would be plenty enough to win on most nights. The main problem was that they played no defense and got no rebounds in the first half.
  4. Big dunk

Big dunk Second Round Draft Pick

News flash...The Pistons suck this year! Get rid of Saunders, he never did anything for the Timberwolves except to make them "almosters".
    Bring back Carlisle!
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Bring back Curry then, too.

Pistons are simply lulling everyone in the league into a false sense of security. Glad Hilton did good last night (UConn) just wish it hadn't been against the D.

Read something funny in the power rankings: Detroit being called "Etroit" as in "No D."
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think there were about 44 seconds left when the Pistons grabbed that rebound and headed down the floor with the score tied. I know there was enough time for a two for one, but I don't think all of the players realized it and the play took to long to develop. I think LB and most other coaches would have still called a time out to set up a sure play...But not Flip...and his superstar assistants :noidea: Somebody needs to talk to these fellas about the art of coaching in the last 2 minutes....well maybe a full 48 minutes since there was no coaching or defense in the first half ..
  7. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

LA Dre,

No, I didn't go to Staples this time because I have been disappointed in what has happened to the team since last spring.

Even last night, they looked good in the 3rd quarter. But something still seems to be wrong--can't figure it out. I am sure Joe is watching...
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Do you think CB is sending a message? No leadership [stupid play] on the court. We are smarter than this.
    Looks like I might have to go up to the Palace and get in some faces.
  9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

'YOU CAN DO IT'....