Detroit @ Houston... November 18th

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2005.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

so far

darko looking pretty good defending yao. much better than ben is anyway. 1 block on mutumbo too. our second unit kept the lead and let the starters rest we should pull away in the second half.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just as I figured, another Houston slow down drag-out. I thought the bench was too slow and not playing with a lot of energy. The Pistons will need to raise their game because Houston is very good at keeping games close.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Darko

I'd bring him in to play Yao. Ben is getting absolutely abused. Why let it keep happening? Geez, at least put Rasheed on him. Anyone see Yao's parents in the stands? Some real lively folks. :laugh:
  4. bball jay

houston brought in starters for a while against our second unit. i think houston is going to wear down. they just aren't deep enough. yao has shot his wad i think and if not flip should put darko back in. tay is abusing t-mac. chauncey hasn't even got started against the rockets guards. yeah the rockets like to drag it out but the pistons like to blow it up in the 4th.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pretty good?
    That was phenominal defense by the young Serb... he was all over the place... I can not express enough how good he was defensively in the first half... some sweet P&R defense (2nd best to Ben).

Could care less about his lack of "O" tonight... that's that attitude we've been asking for.... didn't hurt that he smirked at the ol' fart Mutombo after the finger... I honestly believe his old man regularly kicking his ass (Darko diaries) has made DMC not intimidated by American toughness.

Now if he could just learn to rebound... he had inside postion and still lost the board.... Oh well... I'm happy with his play so far tonight... he's earned more PT IMO.
  6. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Yea did you see Mutombo get into Darko's face and stare him down??:laugh: That was pretty funny.

He looked good defensively in the first half as you've said.
  7. ggazoo69

Detroit flat out sucks tonight (so far)

Houston is begging to be blown out of their own building and Detroit is keeping them in it. :frusty:
  8. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Nice shot 'Sheed.

Now lets press our foot on their throat in the 4th!
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's been the Pistons M.O. so far this season for about 3 quarters. Then they turn it on in the 4th.

I wish they'd give it a bit more effort early so that the bench can get some minutes and the starters can get some rest. Even our blow outs have come late in the game, so our bench still got limited minutes.

I hope this isn't a trend. We haven't really played any top level teams yet. We'll have to wait and see if its just a case of the team playing down to their competition, or if they do the same against teams like SA, Miami and the Pacers.
  10. jammertime

Ouch

48 points heading into the 4th is just plain ugly. Of course 57 isn't much better.
  11. ggazoo69

Arroyo

I guess he'll have a good game at Dallas tomorrow since he sucked tonight. It's every other game for Carlos. And where the F is Delfino tonight? He could shred this crappy Rockets' D with some fast-break action. Get his fresh legs out there, Flip!:rant:
  12. bball jay

put darko in the game. our bigs suck tonight. how could darko do any worse?? i'm all for mcdyess getting a chance to get his shot going but darko needs his shot too. if sheed, ben, mcdyess aren't having good games why not let darko get some minutes at least nobody is scoring on him.
  13. jammertime

Enough playing around

OK boys, time to kick it into high gear.
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This Is Getting Pretty Boring

Maybe Dallas will give them a close game.

The outcome has become so predictable that I have been falling asleep during the 4th quarter.
  15. jammertime

If you ask me, this game was too close for too long. Anytime you hold T-Mac to only 6 points, you should win by more than 8.

Be careful what you wish for buddah, the winning streak has to end eventually.
  16. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

73 and 9 Would Be Very Nice

I think that the NBA regular season record is 72 wins by Michael & Co in 10 years ago.

Now that would be something to shoot for. I think if they break that record they might get the home court advantage in the playoffs. LOL

http://www.basketballreference.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=CHI&lg=n&yr=1995
  17. JKP

JKP Second Round Draft Pick

3-pointers

Why are the Pistons taking so many 3-pointers at bad times :confused: - Like with 3 mins to go in a close game and up by 6-8 points ?? Force the ball get some fouls BABIEEEEE
    This current year HABIT makes me Nervous:mad:

We are not taking care of the last 3 mins of each period !!:doh:
    Though we , of course are playing WELL 8-0 ,:nod: There are times where bad habits forming will kill us in playoff time.
  18. bball jay

sheed

nice to see sheed just take over at the end. this years pistons riding the hot hand. i like what i see. ben seemed to be alright i hope the injury wasn't too bad. pistons are looking pretty unstoppable just too deep for other teams.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dallas looking large

Offense will need to improve within the next 20 hours or the Pistons will be looking at their first loss:confused:. Ben was huge despite being abused by Yao early and kept the Rockets at bay. They killed us on the boards, but the ineffective/injury riddled T-MAC and the 19 TO's allowed the Pistons to steal a victory when they didn't play that well.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sheed came up big tonight on both sides of the ball... nice job on the blocks also....
    I couldn't get over how we didn't take advantage of clear mismatches (Prince vs achy breaky Mac, Rip vs Barry, Chauncey vs whoever).

We still haven't played a quality healthy team... until tomorrow.