1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Detroit @ Houston... November 18th

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Nov 18th, 9:30pm
    @ The Toyota Center

WDWB/WB20 -- ESPN -- WDFN-AM 1130

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    VS

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Game Preview

The Rockets are averaging 6 Points more per game with T-Mac in the lineup (93.4)... coincidentally Yao has only been shooting 8 shots P/game with Tmac back in the lineup. The Rockets are 3-1 with McGrady back in the lineup.

They currently are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league at 87.9 PPG... however they hold their opponent to 89.4 PPG... this may relate to their slow down style.

Juwan Howard has been one of their most consistent outside shooters again Sheed will have to watch the big man on the perimiter. Davis Wesley is also a lethal outside shooter off the bench (50% last four games)...

The Pistons will be fresh, while the Rockets will be playing in San Antonio thursday night.

Yao has been in foul trouble recently... this may be a strategy for the Pistons to take it inside early in the game.

The primary backups for Houston are Swift, Jon Barry, Mutombo & Luther Head.

The McGrady / Prince matchup is always fun to watch. Tayshaun usually holds TMac below his season average and shooting %.

Major Injuries

Bobby Sura (Knee surgery)
    Lindsey Hunter (ankle surgery)

Rockets Player Stats

Piston Player Stats

Comments on this game?

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Reserverved for admin additions

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

We may need extra size inside as Yao is similar to Shaq when matched up against Ben (lot of dunks)... although Ben makes him pay on defense.

Is this a game for Darko to get early PT against Me-Yao?

4. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Worst nightmare

Spurs and Pistons on back-to-back nights. That's unbelievably bad luck for Houston (and Unbelievably good luck for the Pistons).

5. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Yao

I'd actually prefer to put 'Sheed on him than Ben because of his size.

And yes, I would like to see Darko get some time against him to see how he does.

6. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 Second Round Draft Pick

the key is tayshaun...holdin down tmac....

i predict rip will come through again and hit key jumpers

7. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

If not Darko, than I imagine this will be another game where Dale Davis will see some action. Even though Yao hasn't yet established himself as a "superstar," I'd almost bet that he'll get a ton of favorable calls if Darko's guarding him. Which will lead to our young buck finding himself back on the bench with the quickness. Even so, I still hope we get to see Darko get his shot at guarding the 'Big Oriental.'

That should be fun to watch, and would be a nice gauge to see if he can hold his own against the biggest center in the league, height wise at least. :)

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

ben has a mutch easier time on yao than shaq though, yao's a little softy and he won't muscle up. i saw yao getting deep inside against ben and he was going up for the jam and ben blocked yao and he fell to the ground. that takes some strength if youre almosta foot shorter than a guy, but i want to see darko i saw him do pretty good against shaq so flip should give the kid a chance.

9. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Houston

This trip is gonna be a test.

But I believe in the Pistons. And they've been holding up their end so far.

Anyway, I don't think Yao isn't like Shaq at all. He's soft and I remember last year when he got knocked over by Chauncey, so let alone Ben. I think Ben is physical enough to guard Yao, although anybody just as long as we get a win can guard him.

Hoping for 8-0.

Let's go PISTONS! :nod:

10. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I wouldn't assume too much. Yao's shown more toughness this year, so he could give us a tougher time. The real question is how much they'll go to him. I think I read that he's only averaging single-digit shot attempts since McGrady came back.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think (hope) Detroit will squeak past Houston but it ends tomorrow in Dallas. :rain:

Prove me wrong Pistons!!!! :nod:

12. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Put me on the list, too

I will definitely be looking forward to seeing some Darko against Yao time. DMC did fine against Shaq and even with the added height, Yao should be "guardable" by the Swatting Serb. Sure would like to see him get off a shot or two, also. But I want most to see DMC stay inside and right on Yao. No wandering around outside tonight.

Another thing I am looking forward to is someone from our bench guarding Bobby Sura. At least, I think Bobby is coming off the bench this year.

We really need to take advantage of the fact that Houston had to fly home last night after a tough loss to SA. Gotta put this one in the 'W' column.

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

bobby sura is out indefinitely with a knee injury ... i picked him up off waivers at the beginning of the year for fantasy, then read the injury report and was like...whoops!! (it also says knee surgery at the bottom of the first post :D)

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The key here will be abusing Rafer Alston. Alston has been absolutely atrocious his last several games. He can't hit shots, he's become gun shy and he's a turnover waiting to happen.

A player to watch is Luther Head. He's come in to spell Alston and Derek Anderson at times. Hitting a couple treys and dishing some dimes each game.

Houston plays the ugliest offense and stall ball defense. I hope the Ps run all over them. Houston is not a team that can make a big comeback unless McGrady is on fire. They simply don't have the weapons.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Notes from down heya in H-town!

I'll be at the game tonight behind the backboard on your TV screen right...The Rockets are a highly overrated team. Their point guard play is non -existent, and their post up game is worse than that!They have to depend on whether TMac's knees hold up on back2backs, as well...Pistons will roll by 3rd quarter and win by 25!...See yall on TV , my bruddahs!

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Brother HQ

Will you being wearing your combo Piston and Cass Tech wardrobe so we can recgognize you?:sick:

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hey Dre

None of my CT stuff can fit!:eyebrows: I'll be in my red and blue Piston team logo shirt with my framed championship poster!!!! Should I have a distinctive yell so yall can hear me? How bout BOONNNGGGG!!!!...or pistonForum rules!!!!!!!!...my bruddah??

18. Reezie F Baby

Reezie F Baby Second Round Draft Pick

Id like to believe that your wrong, But Dirk is playing very well these days. :doh:

19. max

max All-Star

Game

Just another game. If the Pistons were not undefeated we all know who would win.

I think the steak will be kept alive.

Pistons 102 Dallas 91

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Voting for the microdamus.

P: 87 R: 79