Detroit @ GoldenState Nov 11 10:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 10, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Pistons know the excuse meter is warn out... but I'll agree with Max that there is a lotta ball to be played before we can truly say we know what we've got here...
    but they are getting beat to the spots on a regular basis... I'm not sure the same plodding starters should all be in there at the same time... we need an energy guy mixed in with this group...
    I still like the idea of Tay being the main scoring threat off the bench playing 30+ minutes as the backup SG/SF.... someone like a healthy JRich would really energize the main lineup.
    This lazy chucking 3's has to stop... some might say you have to take what the offense gives you if they pack the paint... but you can take matters into your own hands by causing T.O.'s and converting in transition... last night when we got steals... it was just a slow stroll down to go into a half court set.... if Chauncey doesn't attempt to go inside we may not get to the playoffs.
    Now they'll prolly go out and have a gr8 game next time... it'd be nice to see some consistent hunger.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

max, i can remember a BADBOYS game in Seattle back when u had a 6game road swing. We were 4-1 after just losing to portland and having to go to Utah. We trailed by 25 at the half and came back to win. Now THAT was the good ol days!
  3. max

max All-Star

- partially quoted.

I can't understand how the same group that digs these 1st quarter holes can come out in the 3rd quarter ( most games ) looking totally different. Slow starts have been a common theme for the past few years.

On a positive note. We have only had 1 loss so far where we could honestly say that the team played well and still lost, that was the Utah loss and we may have won that if not for the Okur call.

So at least there is the potential to be good this season. And honestly I just cannot see this team bumbling their way through the rest of the season playing like they have in the other 3 losses.

I don't know. Perhaps they will peak at the right time this season. Everyone said they peaked too early last year.
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I had the Tay coming off the bench idea when we had a chance to get Melo................
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'd rather get beat trying hard than not show up for the game at all. I'm really not into a team that plays 1/2 a game no matter how talented they are.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I don't see anything wrong with a team peaking later in the season. I would rather have a team that is peaking around 10-15 games before the playoffs than have home court advantage.

That is one reason I would not mind playing the bench more, either. Let the whole team get with it at the right time.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

bad part is we've lost 3 games by double digit points. i didn't see much of the game (going to go watch it now to see how the young guys did), but this needs to happen. until the pistons suffer a few more atrocious losses, the 4 returning starters are not going to get it through their head that a playoff spot is NOT guaranteed this year.

the pistons are going to have to be knocked around a little bit until some sense is knocked into them.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There seems to be a very high correlation to Sheed having a terrible game and the Pistons losing by double digits. We can't win games without both Wallaces.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Should I just erase the DVR or were there any positivies or bright spots I need to look at? If not, then I guess I'm glad I missed it.:hanged2:
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't start. It's like a train wreck. Just when you think it can't get any worse...

Go for clicking on the little X.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'll put it like this, Dre..worse game since we went back to the colors!!Easily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you watch it, be sure to have a bucket nearby.
  14. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

Detroit has forgotten how to play defense. They are still playing as if Ben was there to pick up their mistakes. Naz is not a help defender. They despirately need a shot blocker to clog up the middle or they are going to have to learn a whole new way of defending.

It does not go unnoticed that the only good defensive game yet has been LA where they relied on Zone most of the time.

I know that backing off of the man to man would be an insult to their manhood, but until they get the right players ....they may have to.
  15. final.wrath

final.wrath Banned - Sent to NBDL

wow some of you guys are pretty extreme with your reactions.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pistonsforum.com!

Extreme reactions!

and stuff...

:)
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We have.....if only Flip will play him more, FREE THE BRAHMA!!!!!