Detroit @ GoldenState Nov 11 10:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 10, 2006.

1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Man, after the Laker game, I thought that the Pistons were about ready to break out. They were fine in about all departments, and that is even without Rip.

But that team who showed up last night was not the same bunch of guys.

Did anyone else notice the sudden burst of energy that the Pistons took on when JMax came in? Problem was that it did not last. It was like GS just kind of absorbed a body blow and came back same as before.

I wonder, along with some others, what is going on under the surface. Teams change faces sometimes, but the differences here were glaring.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really thought that Flip would be given quite a bit of rope this year, however I'm not so sure now.

Joe D and Mr. D are both very proud men. I can't see them both passively sitting back and watching this team get embarrassed. Of course there is still a lot of season left to play, but if things continue as they are, we may see a change by the All Star break.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I think we're more likely to see a trade before the deadline than a firing of the coach in midseason. Sets a dangerous precedent. People won't want to coach here.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did anybody notice the offensive rebounding intensity when JMax, Amir, and Dupree were in there together? There were like Piranhas.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Flip may get fired, but Joe D has to take some responsibility if things continue like this.

It's one thing not to win every early season game. It's another to play flat out uninspired and LOSE.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

There are eight games remaining this month for the Pistons. They face the NOK, the Wiz twice, Houston, Charlotte, Atlanta, Philly and I forget who else.

Those games IMO will be a good indicator of how this season will play out. I agree with what someone said earlier; either a trade or caoching change will be needed to shake this team up.

Perhaps, a coaching change and trade is in order here!
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That's right ggazoo... even if we did get the "ideal coach" what's to say that he makes a difference with the talent here... which begs the question... is this still a ship capable group?
  8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Joey D. will have to take some responsibilty for placing his trust in Flip. We had a team that was the envy of the entire league and only got one championship out of it. It seems as though this run ended way to prematurely. Bad two years for Joey D. Bad two years. To build a team predicated on defense and to lose a defensive oriented hall of fame coach and a defensive player of the year is a pretty steep fall. I find it hard to believe that there was no way to keep this together a little bit better. Oh well, I still wouldn't trade Joey D. for anyone. Let's just hope he learns from his miscues.
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am speachless. To get smoked by Golden State? This season is not looking good thus far. There is no defense what so ever. Teams are scoring in the paint at will. The Pistons are kidding themself if they think they can become the Phoenix team of the East. They don't have one pure scorer on the team that can create his own shot. This is why Flip will fail he has sacrificed our team defense for his offensive system that does not have the dominate post presence or the legit perimeter shooter that can get his shot off when he has a hand in his face and score at will.

Maybe we are purposely tanking the season so that we can have 2 top ten draft picks this year. Wishfully thinking I guess. Even if we did get two top ten draft picks we would just let them rot on the bench anyway.:stirthepot:
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Gimmie Sum...

[​IMG]
  11. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

lol...thank you sir.
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

We are heading back at breakneck speed...

[​IMG]
  13. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Yea, but when you have 5 guys attacking the offensive glass like that, it leads to an insane amount of fastbreak opportunities for the opponent as we saw last night. How many times last night did we see our guards caught on the wrong end of a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 break?
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

A lot of yall , like Darth Low, know I have watched a LOTTTTT of Piston Games over the last 40 years, but to put this into a true Motown Man's perspective:

THIS IS THE 'FIRST' TIME IVE EVER STOPPED WATCHING A PISTON GAME IN THE 2ND QTR, AND 'NEVER' TURN BACK TO CHECK THE SCORE'ONCE'!!!! I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THE FINAL SCORE UNTIL NOW!

because I know this team doesnt have the heart to come back from a 10 pt deficit, much less a 20 point one. Lebron came back down 19 with 10 FREEKIN MINUTES LEFT!!last night...

Ben is gone and I want fresh meat to come to the Sith!! ROSCOE < u will BE THE FIRST>>>cause this AINT YO MAMA"S PISTONS!!!!!!
  15. max

max All-Star

When I was watching that debacle last night I just knew everyone would be freaking out. Pistons seem to have that knack of blowing one right before an extended layoff.

I was not happy, how can you be? But it is a long season.

No Rip, Billups looked tired. Flip played like well Flip. Mohommed and Dyess were inefective. Hunter was the only guy who showed up.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

max, Chauncey is exhausted, but he refuses to make excuses. :)
  17. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

CB is tired????

It`s the 7th game of the FREAKING season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. max

max All-Star

Its like a one of those sports commercials. Jordan, Bird, Magic, and every other champion logging in 40+ per night leading their team back into the Finals after winning 60+. Pan on Billups. He got tired. Just could not get it done.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Exhaustion is a sign of fatigue...Fatigue from what? it wasnt basketball. IM TIRED!!!OF all these lame ass excuses for GROWN men. Ive worked 7 days a week since August 25 and I get up for another 8 hr day. BEN played 48 minutes last night...TIred of hearing about tired. Told yall that Laker game was a fluke. Did CB play 48 minutes that game?..To quote the late, great Yosemite Sam ".Dirtyratskattinblassinrattinfrassin:skull: "
  20. max

max All-Star

He did not actually say he was tired. You never want to do that until after the fact. Adopt the Billups work ethic and just mail it in for a couple of days. It will show you boss what a complex individual you really are.

One thing I miss for a few years back was that 01/02 team attitude. They were not the most talented bunch but they always showed up. Remember how they used to laugh at other teams when they heard they were tired on a back-back.