Detroit @ GoldenState Nov 11 10:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 10, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Games on FSN.

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

RIP able to play?

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Jason Maxiell has earned the time and he should now be given that time.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

At least the travel time from LA to Oakland is short. For kicks, I think we should start Flip, Delf, AJ, Max and TAZR.

5. jzchen

For that to happen, Joe D has to sell our starting 6 before the game starts. I guess that unit may have a total of 60 min of playing time (Flip Murray 40 min, Delf 10 min, AJ 0 min, JMax 5 min and TAZR 5 min).

Last season, Flip Senior has the love for Mo, this season i guess everyone in this forum knows who he has love for.......

6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

How soon before Delfino demands a trade?

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Delfino: I demand a trade!

Joe Dumars: Yeah, whatever.

Delfino: I will go to Barcelona, Los Angeles, Washington, Madrid!

Joe Dumars: You will go to White Castle and buy your teammates a case of slyders, and that is the last I want to hear of this.

Delfino: I am calling my agent!

Joe Dumars: Yeah, ask him if he wants fries...

8. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Not for a while, as long the team can keep members of the Argentinian press at a safe distance.

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

LMAO... maybe he can get one of those monopoly pieces that says "just pass go and collect PT"

WEll the Delfino vs Mo matchup was a dud.... and the zone shut down Kobe.... what would Borat say bout this?

JRich is listed as questionable for tonights game... a W tonight and the Pistons are back on track... hope they got the legs for a fast paced transition game.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Watch out for Pietrus!

Chat will be open, I probably won't be around for this one (not on TV).

Have a great night everyone!

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Disgraceful performance tonight. Pistons were down 20 after only 8 minutes, and it only got worse from then on.

12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not as crazy as you all might think. This team's effort was laughable.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Can I state a very painful stat? Realize that I only point this out due to the sheer improbability of it.

Darko scored more than any Piston player tonight... against KG for crying out loud.

Nazr- 0 points? Dupree looking like he was playing for his career (no passing, forcing up shots in GTime, etc.)

The final score was a little misleading though, because if they would have just shot 40% from 3's, then it would have only been a 20 point loss.

I'm obviously disgruntled.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Man, thats not the half of it. We lack a highly mobile big who can cover the inside. Darko moves fast as most guards. And far worse, Darko and Orlando just played Indiana. Darko turns out to be one of the very few guys in the league who can put a clamp on Jermaine O'Neil scoring. And tonight, he bothered the heck out of Garnett. Sure Darko scored some tonight, but its his defense we sorely need.

15. max

max All-Star

At least we still have that old Piston Jekyl and Hyde persona. Against the Lakers the Pistons looked like they could be good enough for championship #4. Last night they looked like a team struggling for a playoff spot. Never know which team is going to show up.

Would have been nice to go into the homestand 4-3 ready to pad some wins. Now the Pistons will need the homestand to get back on track.

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Another game that was over in the first 6 minutes--that is 4 out of 7. This has nothing to do with Darko or Ben for that matter--not when you play and lose like that over and over. Something is going on beneath the surface. What--I don't know...

We can't even get the initial pass in to start an offensive set as I pointed out a few days back. Only Tay brought any game with him. The team is disorganized, effort or no effort.

Players are continually asked to do things that they are not good at rather than play to their strengths.

The defense is non-existant.

Our first team scores about 8 points in the first 10 minutes...

One has to wonder how long this situation can last...

17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Quick observations:
    • Nice to see what happens when Flip has complete control of the team and personell that don't stifle his infamous playbook
    • We suck.
    • If Darko is emerging as an elite defender, he is no longer a good fit for Detroit.
    • If Flip runs into an offense that is superior to ours...which happens quite frequently...we are mud. We have a collection of balanced offensive and defensive players that are being forced to be an offensive jaugernaut. Only problem is...we're not.
    • Flip's coaching and ability to make in game adjustments gets worse as the season progresses
    • Our team does not look prepared.
    • We've lost our identity. We no longer know how to win.
    • When Ben left, the desire to be better defensively than the opposition left with him.
    • I wonder what's the magic number of losses before we can expect a Flip firing
    • Flip said he'd play the young fellas...what he forgot to mention is that it would be because we will be at the losing end of blowouts.
    • Rasheed has left the building. Doesn't look like he wants to be a Piston much longer based on his effort.
    • Pistons need a motivation coach. Time to bring back the Mr. T avatar....Low???

18. jzchen

Should we need to open a "LET'S FIRE FLIP' thread yet?

Yes, we can bring the subject of "what if Ben is still around' again but bottom line is Ben would have still be a PISTON if Flip is not.

FLIP IS A LOSER until proven and I don't think he can prove it here at Detroit.

19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This one I really don't get. The Pistons continually frustrated the Lakers the night before by switching up the defensive schemes and playing a lot of zone. Against a team tearing it up I don't recall seeing a single defensive adjustment in the game. Not a single zoned possession that I remember. Not a single press. Not a single halfcourt trap. Nada.

I guess the good news is that last year in this situation the starters would have played ten minutes in the fourth.

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Motown Pride:

A lot of good points (unfortunately).