Detroit At NewYork - March 17 7:30PM

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by max, Feb 26, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Time to visit POUND FOR POUND BROWN!

Larry has lots of troubles on his hands. 3 PGs who want to be SGs. Remember when LB handled personnel decisions in Detroit with dignity and grace?

[​IMG]

I can't take credit for this one. I snagged it somewhere in cyberspace.​
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I hear Starbury and LB are going at it in the NY papers and media is just licking it up. They got nothing else.
    Pistons 150
    Zeke's last stand 75
  4. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Pistons vs the Drama Queens!!

Game time tonight and we face the old story of LB, and his new drama segment of Brown vs Starbury. This game is hard to call as far how it will play out. the Knicks are a horrible team that tries to be a good team on certain nights because they have a roster makeup of a NBA live refugee camp.

I'm not worried about the Pistons losing this game, because if they come out with a professional attitude like they brought into the last game in Toronto than we will see a blow out. The Knicks have so many lineups and players that used to hurt the Pistons individually, but as a team you wonder what team will show up. Will it be the team we saw last week who put a hurting on Indiana or a team that is just playing to get to the end of the season.

As long as the Pistons have a sign up of "BEWARE OF COASTING" and just play their game than I see the score being Pistons 110 Knicks 87. If we see a coasting Pistons team then the score will be Pistons 97 Knicks 93, either way its a win. GO PISTONS!!!!!!!
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

man, i'm goin to the palace for march madness, i have to tape the MSU game, but how am i gonna tape this? oh well i'll just assume the pistons pull out the W and that i don't need to watch :D
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Gotta work. But I think we might see a score of 90 to 65 Ps.
    You know, for old times sake.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ahhhhh, the memories!

Looks like this one is on at the same time as MSU, so I will probably miss out on The Larrybury show.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

same here...March madness comes first.. I'll watch Pistons win afterwards...my bruddahs:nod:
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat's open, see y'all during the second half!

LINK
  10. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Add this to the list with Utah, LA, and Miami of double-digit leads we've blown.
  11. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Flip can't coach defense or any semblance of low post offense. This team is horrible to watch. All the fancy offense, zero defense early in the season is finally catching up. Not hopeful for the playoffs.
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Screw this, Flip should be suspended for a game, not Rasheed. I'd get tossed too if Flip was my coach.:mad:
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

is this a freaking joke? Detroit losing against NY??? Every legitimate contender should make a blowout out of this but not Detroit...
    getting more and more scared...
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No excuse, period!!! Sheed and RIP ejected were not an excuse to lose this game. :mad:

When your opponent has 22 turnovers for the game and is the worst team in the league, and us being a championship contender, this should have been a blowout game. To top it all, we let them shoot over 50% for the game. Scored more than 100 pts as well. Where the DETROIT BASKETBALL DEFENSE???:doh:

Shorthanded almost half the game and Delfino didn't even play a single minute. Davis manage to get a minute. What's wrong with FLIP???:frusty:

I'm not whinning, just worried. For those who are not worried, it's either you have the confidence in FLIP or you are not a true fan.
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I just looked at the box score and thought the EXACT same thing. Our starting SG plays only 19 minutes and Delfino STILL doesn't get in the game?!?!?!?!?!

WTF?!?!??!

I hate Flip more and more each day.
  16. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Movie night out missed this one and was shocked to tell you the truth.Lost to N.Y. wtf??Rip and Sheed ejected?Delfino not a minute?Flip is coaching or shall we say not coaching this team there are more than the 6 starters here.They have taken over he's just a monkey on the sidelines.Playoffs soon and we need a big U-turn quick.Otherwise bounced out we will be,Minny style.
  17. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

This team is really begging for a 1st round exit.
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Thanks for the insight. I'll sell all of my Pistons memorabilia and start rooting for another team right away. I feel rather silly believing that I was a true fan of the Pistons these past few decades.

By the way... just so that I can be a true fan of my next team...should I start worrying immediately that they don't have a record as good as the Pistons...or can I wait until later?

When exactly did the true fans begin to worry? Were they supposed to begin worrying during tonights game? After the game? Last week? After the teams first loss to Dallas? During the offseason when Brown departed?

:confused:

By the way, the game made me ill.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This lose was embarassing. We were sailing along and then the inept play that we have seen lately blew the game away. Yes, we will show up when it counts--I don't doubt that-- but why give away our edge vs. SA? And to lose to Larry with that motley crew...Well, at least we know that Dyss is ready for the playoffs. Evans defense late was poor. But the whole team has stopped playing defense. We are trying to win with offense at a time of year where that doesn't work. Early it worked but not against teams whose whole season can be uplifted if they beat you.
  20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

ugh msu AND the pistons lose. lame. but watching bradley outplay kansas was sweet after a disappointing first game where kent state had no chance to win.

can the playoffs just get here already?