Detroit At Milwaukee - April 17 8PM

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by max, Feb 26, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No problem. Hopefully you like this too.

Delfino's slick spin drive with the JMax monster putback, and another series with Delk-Dice-AJ-JMax-Delfino. Everyone touches the ball, and for a series at least, there looks to be some good chemistry to get Dice his baseline J.

Gotta be registered to download....
    ~

Attached Files:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Jmax is a wrecking crew. Darko was in the way man. I didn;t think so at first but man, each time I see him I start changing my mind in that direction.

Amir. Dang. great line. The attitude from the kids is great too. They got a long way to go but I like where they are right now.
  3. roscoe36

We will probably never get sick of watching JMax rock the rim. He's such a great story, quiet kid with a passion to kick ass and take names.

Double double tonight. Off the bench. Playing against Milwaukees first and second unit, most of his time spent with the Detroit Bench Scratches.

11 Points, 12 Rebounds (5 OFF), 1 Assist (alley oop to Ben), a steal and 2 blocks.

Then there was AJ. Amir didn't miss a shot and scored 16 in the fourth quarter when the Pistons kids and Cato outscored Milwaukee's second unit by 9 on the road. And Johnson hit two 3 pointers. He's not just some high flying dunker.

The future is low priced and promising.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

they're bargin bin for 3 years. we gotta use em or lose em. Delfino too. Mo is decent but I think may be hindering the long term progress if he stays past this year.
  5. roscoe36

No doubt. Granted there was a language barrier, but what the kids say and what Darko would say is like night and day.

So happy to go down to the D to get playing time, and willing to admit that they are growing as players.

Amir Johnson,

"... I'm just learning a whole bunch and when they call my name, I'm just gunna be ready..."

When asked about if he was told he would score 18 and go 6 for 6 from the field,

"... Nah, I probably wouldn't (believe it).. I was just so excited to play and I just wanted to get in, and didn't matter if I played 2 minutes or just 2 seconds, I just wanted to get in there and play..."

This kid could be special. Really special.
  6. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Amazing how much talent this organization gets a hold of.
  7. max

max All-Star

I just hope we can hang onto Johnson and Maxiel. Especially Johnson. Amir should be in no rush to join the rotation given his age and draft status.

Can he wait for 3 years? Sooner? Maybe as a backup to Tay or as a 4th big. Dumars did cut over 10 mil in cap space next season. That trade is looking pretty good.

On the game itself we were playing units that have never played before. At least they came back from 30 down to make it semi respectable and this game will also inspire the starters the kick some serious Buck %%% if we meet in the 1st round.
  8. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Maxiell- Flat out beast. This guy is a stud in the paint. Every time he touches the ball down there I wait for bodies to start flying. He is really going to help us in the future. It will be nice to have a guy around the rim that you can just toss the ball to and watch him go up strong with it (the McWallaces kind of shy away from that at this point). Once he gets his free-throw stroke more steady (He was mid-60s in college), he'll be good to go. It was great to see him rebounding today. Looked like a poor man's Barkley out there today.

Amir- Wow... totally unexpected. I expected a dunk or two. But two treys? 18 points? Crazy. This kid really looks like he has a knack for finishing around the rim. The jumper looks better. All he needs to work on his his strength, defense, and a little ball-handling. SF or PF though? Tough to say if he'll grow into a PF.

Delfino- I have said this all along... Carlos needs the ball in his hands, and he needs to get some decent minutes. Next year, when lindsey retires, he should be running the offense off the bench with Delk playing the shooting guard "role", but guarding the PG on defense. Carlos just looks so much better when he's driving into the lane and looking to setup teammates or score instead of spotting up (that split-the-screen, dribble-drive, no-looker to Amir for the Dunk was absolutely sick). Ditch Mo Evans, and hand the reigns over to los. He can guard the SG/SF, but play with a point guard mentallity on the other end. It's perfect. He should easily be able to get 25 minutes backing up both Rip and Tayshaun.

Acker- TBD. I need to see more time. He looked bad here, but I think it might be nerves.
  9. max

max All-Star

Prince22 yes it was nerves with Acker. Johnson had every reason to be nervous as well but did not show it. Thats a real dangerous player - shows he can play through tough conditions.

I cannot be happier with the outings of the young guys and Delfino should also be noted. Did not win; however, those units had not played together before.
  10. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I am glad you guys saw the game, but from my perspective, we cheated the other teams vying for a playoff position, by letting the Bucks win.
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good to see JMax doing his fly to the rim thing, but more importantly for me, seeing him get to the boards - 12 total, 5 offensive. If he continues to develop and rebound, he might have a real shot at Barkley II.

Decent game from Delfino though he led the team in turnovers. A lot of those were from being aggressive though and I don't mind those as much. He looks like he's lost a bit of confidence and maybe last night will get some of it back. I really like to see him getting steals and pushing the ball. I'm with FP22 - put the ball in his hands for a few minutes each game and give the team a different look. (Ditto for TP when he is in.)

Only 14 turnovers (three shy of the Bucks) with a thoroughly makeshift lineup. That's pretty impressive.

Not sure I saw great defense from Evans on Redd - who ended up 8 of 13, and seemed willing just to ride everyone else's hot hand.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

JMax made the NBA TV Top 10 plays for last night, with his monster dunk off the Delfino drive coming in at #3. I guess his throwdown against Toronto might have been Top 10 as well, but I didn't see the NBA TV highlights show that next day.

Also, NBA TV shows the top 5 individual totals around the league for the night in points, rebounds, and assists at the end of their highlights show. JMax's 12 rebounds put him on the board at #5 for last night.
  13. roscoe36

He didn't make the Top 10 on Friday night.
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've never been so happy with a 20 pt loss. We have 2 really promising rookies. I hope we'll find the right mix in the next 2 seasons to stay championship candidates AND find some playing time for Jmax and Johnson. With Cato and Davis probably gone, there should be some space for them. For insurance, we can extend Davis who accepts a decreased role or another old, experienced player who wants to get a ring more badly than minutes.
    As for Fino, we've seen what he's capable off- let's hope we keep him and he becomes consistent. Maybe he can use the summer for working on his shot.
    Never felt so happy after a loss :)
  15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Two words for J-Max's free throw shooting...Bru and tal. Those were some nasty bricks he was tossing up there.
  16. roscoe36

Although he didn't have a good game (admitted to nerves), Ack Attack is a damn fine baller as well. He was not only the most productive NBDL send down, but he was second team in the Vegas Summer League.

Acker can play, he just might need more time to adjust. The Low emphasized this in the chat last night, and since he has seen him play a couple times in Vegas, that's good enough for me.

SL Game 1
    SL Game 2
    Bear in mind, Delfino was really poor at Summer League, hence The Low's comments at the time. If you are interested to read up on the Summer League Pistons last year, you can visit the pages I set up before this forum launched. http://www.pistonsforum.com/summerleague/

Congoman also had some great insights and was able to sit near Gar Heard (even chat with him a little about the players).

In the Fayetteville/Roanoke game I watched, Acker strokes jumpers with a lot of ease and he's not afraid to mix it up to get rebounds.
  17. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Let them grumble man.... If they wanted better playoff position they'd be in our position.

Hehehe

ANyway....didn't see the game. Duty schedule at the hospital gives me no time to look anymore.

But Amir, great line...

JMax sounds like a beast yeah.

Ack, at best he'll be a decent PG, but can be a backup.

Delf has gotta be in the flow to be productive. And I think we can do without MO after his contract goes.

it'll be the starting five, Dice, Delf, Amir, Ack....Lindsey is gonna retire. Cato won't be back. Mo will be let go after his contract. Dice could retire as well after the winning the championship.

Get some more role players, a few steals in the draft to develop again then we'd be fine.

THe future is bright.
  18. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

don't forget that there was no developmental league when darko came in as a rook. don't forget that that little back stabber lb was the coach. can you imagine lb trying to break jmax before he builds him back up?? darko regressed under lb and then again under flip. our rooks are having progress and loving it. i think we have a different attitude about young player development now and it shows. darko was also 17 and under much more pressure to show what he had than these guys.

it will be interesting to see how many dunks of jmax's darko swats.
  19. roscoe36

:violin:

Darko was under no more pressure than Johnson who has a minimum contract, and is fresh from high school. At least DMC spent two years playing as a pro for money (and some international competition) before coming to the NBA. DMC also had almost $10 million guaranteed on draft day as the #2 pick. Johnson was taken 58th and will stay on the bubble unless he works hard.

And I don't think LB would have to break JMax. He played for Bob Huggins. He defends and works hard. He rebounds. He's not afraid of the ball. And most of all, he's ready when he is called on.

Sometimes you are a hateful man. It will be interesting to see JMax swatting Darko's 18 foot Js. And dunking on his face. And beating him for rebounds. And making him cry like a baby.
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

bball you ought to be ashamed of yourself dogging lb like that. you know he is suffering with acid reflux and had to carried off in a stretcher after that game and all.

i do have to compliment you on your growing repertoire of darko excuses though. no nbdl thats a good one. darko was 17 thats a good one he seems to keep getting younger in the darko mythology you create. we have a different attitude toward young players now yeah amir johnson a young guy that isn't a prima donna we like him.