Detroit At Milwaukee - April 17 8PM

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by max, Feb 26, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Detroit At Milwaukee
    Tuesday April 17 8:00PM

TV: WB20
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~​
  2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Big question mark on this game. The Bucks are playing for playoff position. They might prefer getting the 5th seed and play the Cavs in the 1st round. If they do, they will go all out to win the game. If Flip plays the starters and the bench like the way he did the last 2 games, we will not win this game.

To win this game as well as limiting the starters to less than 30 min, Flip should mix the starters with the bench. What is confusing is why the bench comes in as a unit knowing very well that it won't happen in the playoffs. Is that another one of Flip's secret weapon come playoffs time?
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd like to see a more familar rotation, though with extended minutes for the bench. I'm not sure how putting five bench guys out there at once, which is a very unlikely playoff scenario, really helps anyone get ready for the second season.

Maybe start Dice and Hunter, and bring CB and Sheed in with some other bench guys.
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I was going to mention the same thing. Play the starters 2 quarters each (24 minutes), but switch them up so the bench isn't left for dead in the 2nd and 4th quarters.
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I just realized looking through the conveniently supplied stats, that Redd is shooting nearly 80% from three against the Pistons. Ouch. That's over twice his regular season average.

Uh, somebody want to get a hand in his face? Or perhaps plant his butt in the third row. Remember when you could do that and just pick up a personal foul?
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Does anyone else think Bogut is about two inches shorter than his listed height? He's listed as a 7 footer, but he looked shorter than Rasheed to me whenever they played the Pistons this season. I think Bogut's more like 6' 10", maybe 6' 10 1/2".
  7. max

max All-Star

Dumars4ever - I think his listed height was part of the hype that got him picked #1. I am still trying to figure out how he is any dfferent than the average PF/C selected mid 1st round.

Its going to be a competitive game and I cannot go out on a limb predicting a win in this one because the bench is going to play a ton and MILW will be going for the win as they need all the confidence they can get.

The starters can impress me by not getting hurt and playing + ball then they are in. Its going to be up to Delk, Evans, Delfino, Hunter, Davis and Maxiel to pull this one out.

Perhaps even Acker or Johnson will be activated. I think this is what they were brought up for - to play the meaningless games.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I've wanted to see the bench played as a unit. But not for major minutes.
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I just wonder why guys are occasionally listed as being taller than they are, when anyone who isn't blind can see the reality when they step on the court. Not that it always matters...another guy who was 7' on paper but no bigger than 6'10" in reality was Hakeem.
  10. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

I'm going to the game tonight--should be fun stuff!
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open!
  12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Rasheed is at least 7-feet even.

Bogut was measured at 6-11 without shoes and 7-0 and a quarter in shoes at the predraft camps.

He's actually playing better lately now that Milwaukee's guards are actually feeding him the ball consistently (like Ike Diogu in Oakland). Near triple-double his last game, although that was against vertically-challenged Atlanta.

Even if we get blown out by 30, I will be thrilled if one thing and one thing only happens: Lindsey Hunter starts playing defense again.
  13. roscoe36

Oh, btw, based on WDFN's pregame, expect some starters to be in street clothes.
  14. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

milwaukee ispicked as the favorite tonight by sportsline.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Just checked the box score. Looks like Delfino totally outplayed Evans tonight based on the numbers anyway. What more proof does Flip need? Or am I jumping the gun here?
  16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

A very fun game to watch.

All of the bench players were pretty good. The Pistons' draft picks did a variety of good things. Maxiell is a beast. Amir's jumper has greatly improved. Alex did all right after he calmed down. Delfino had a good game on both sides of the ball. Mo Evans had IMO his best game as a Piston, played fantastic defense that I didn't know he had in him against Michael Redd.
  17. roscoe36

Alex Acker and Amir Johnson locker room interviews (Audio only) post game with Eli Zaret.

Good stuff. It's in MP3 format.

Attached Files:

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amir's jumper was looking a little unconventional, but he couldn't miss. 4 for 4 inside the arc. 2 for 2 from downtown. And 4 for 4 from the stripe. 18 points in 18 minutes. The kid looked like he enjoyed himself.

JMax definately likes to bang and do the dirty work. He is such a Piston it is amazing. He has had 2 enormous dunks in his past 2 games.

Acker was bricking early, but seemed comfortable with the ball handling and passing. When he didn't think about it and just started shooting at the end, they started to fall for him.

I thought it was going to be a disasterous game for Delfino after watching the way he started. However, he went into some kind of zone and started running the show. He is such a different type of player than Evans that it is amazing how much they are pitted against eachother.

The Bucks can really shoot the ball!
  19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed listening to it. I just had a box score tonight, which was entirely wrong on Yahoo, which didn't even have Amir in there at all. This added some perspective.
  20. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

It was good to see Delfino getting some PT and playing well. I really think this kid can play. It`s all mental with Delf now, he has the skills, and basketball IQ - learning to play within the flow of a game is not coming easy for him. Limited PT may have something to do with it, but I wonder if Delfino understands exactly what Flip wants from him.

Delf did some good things tonight. Coming off screens where he knocked down some shots, created his own shots and also handed out 5 ass.

He did have 5 TO, playing out of control at times.

It was good to see Flip play him more than Mo tonight, I hope that he would trust Delfino in a game that counts, and that Delfino would step up and produce like I know he could.