Detroit at Charlotte ~ December 17th, 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by Zoso, Dec 10, 2005.

1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

b balljay

The Pistons are in a zone and I see much good coming out of this stretch. DMC is beginning to show just a little and I think that these guys who write in and post only to show disrespect are going to be the outsiders soon. I stopped defending him because very soon, he will not need it anymore. I am enjoying these games even though DMC is still not getting a fair shot, but soon. Soon!!

I know noone will believe the coincidence in this next thing I am going to report, but it honestly happened. Tonight, I watched a show that I taped recently, and when I rewound it to reuse the tape, I found that I had taped the show over the end of the Pistons/Denver game, in Denver, from two years ago. We won it like 95 to 65, or some such, and I watched a few minutes of the GT. This is two years ago, before the "little ykw" got his hooks into DMC and he was quite good to watch. He had I think four boards and four points in about 6 minutes, and looked good. He and Lindsay worked well together, with DMC passing to him and setting a hard pick for LH, for a bucket. DMC took a pass and made a real nice move for a bucket, from about 4 or 5 feet.

He will once again look like that and the Pistons will be even better than they have in this great stretch of games.

But enough of that. I cannot believe the way the Pistons are playing these days, and although I cannot see them, I will on Christmas day and on my birthday, on ABC and then on TNT.

This will turn out to be one of the great teams, when his group finally calls it quits, years down the road. They still have a long ride before that day.

THESE GUYS ARE GOOD :thumb: :peace: :amen: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  2. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

check out ESPN game notes of game.

Bobcats forward Melvin Ely missed the game with flu-like symptoms. "The guys were teasing him, saying he has the (Rasheed) Wallace flu," Bickerstaff said. ... Pistons coach Flip Saunders acknowledged the uninspired play of late from reserve Darko Milicic. "I've noticed the same thing you've noticed," Saunders said.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

ME: Hey, honey -- watch this pretty alley-oop to Ben by Delfino. Should be up on replay any second now.

MY WIFE: Ooh, nice.

ME: Uh, that wasn't a replay. They just did it again.

(REPLAY OF ORIGINAL DUNK)

MY WIFE: I liked the first one better.

It was that kind of night. Team's got a serious case of the awesomes right now. :)
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Still Only 1/2 Game Ahead of the Tones

Looks like it could be another Pistons - Tones finals.
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes. he played fine today in meaningless minutes. but if you mention that you also have to mention that he also played well at other times during the season during meaningful minutes. dale davis in the game doesn't bother me at all. he's not getting minutes because of results he's getting minutes because of his past. that's what people don't realize about dmc everyone keeps talking about earning minutes but darko not only has to earn minutes compared to what the other players are doing now but also compared to who these players once was.

i know i'm not objective about him. i've never said i was. i've always said i'm biased towards darko. i think he's going to be a great player. but other posters should also state thier bias when making negative posts.

yup. darko posterized diop off a drive from the top of the key. posterized alonzo in the miami heat game.

diop is a great young shot blocker and alonzo was throwing everything ben sent at him last year in the playoffs. i wouldn't call either of those guys sub par.

if you read my original post about darko's game tonight. i didn't glorify him at all.
  6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

flip needs to get it together. if he was a good coach he would understand why dmc has been uninspired. he cut his minutes without cause. dmc went from leading the nba in blocks in the preseason to a steady decline to garbage time. his production and inspiration went down as his minutes went down. you reward a player for good play you don't cut his minutes and wonder why he isn't laying it all on the line during garbage time.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

18-3, sounds like a good coach to me.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thanks for the game reveiw. I think that just about sums it up!
  9. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

18-3

Sounds like a good team to me.

I forgot to mention that I saw quite a bit of the Bobcats playing the Fakers last week or so, in LA. The Fakers pulled out the game by the skin of their teeth and a lot of good luck, right at the very end. I figured that the Bobcats might give the Pistons a little more of a fight on their own floor.

My bad!!
  10. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

DarthTater

Thanks! It was a great time! Yeah, I guess that was pretty cruel of me to get him hooked on the Lion's. :confused: In fact, I took up there to that famous coin toss game a few years back. One of these days those Lions are going to finally put it all together and that city is going to absolutely explode because of all of this heartache we are going thru. Oh well. At least we have our Pistons to ease the pain!
  11. ojay

ojay Second Round Draft Pick

I loved this game, and if anyone can't figure it out, I'm big supporter of Delfino. He played well, dunking on Okafor, and setting up plays especially for Ben.

Garbage time or not, Darko needs to come out like the "Serbian gangsta" he is claimed to be. That's how you earn your minutes, no matter the circumstance. He got plenty of garbage time tonight, and it was the better effort than in his last showings.

Maybe you'll see him get meaningful minutes, because even in this game, Dale Davis came out as the 4th big man and did as advertised.
  12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

i went to buddys house to watch the game and his wife walked by and i said oh man what a nice alleyoop to ben
    she went into the other room came back and oh sh.. he did it again her reply no that looked like a replay
    my reply look at the score who needs replay we are killing them.
    if delfino is not in in that guys top 10 this week i will be shocked his dunk on okafur was the sh.. delfino needs more burn!!!!
  13. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Delfino

If Delfino can do that DUNK on OKAFOR and other guys like him more often I'm jumping back on his Bandwagon.

That DUNK was cool cruel man. :eyebrows:
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Almost total dominance. We lost out on the rebound category again. If Darko and Jmax did not give up so many defensive rebound in the 4th quarter, we would have outrebound the Bobcats. Still, a dominant game.

Delfino is really improving and deserved all the minutes if not more. Flip should know better by giving him more time with the starters, he will develope.

Hopefully, after this game, Darko will learn too. He should understand by now that everyone, and i meant everyone (all forumites and the Pistons organization) can see that he needs to be aggressive, inspired, motivated, desire...etc to play whenever he is given the minutes, although they are garbage minutes.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I don't feel like I'm biased about him. I cheer and acknowledge when he does well. I guess I shouldn't turn my wrath toward the Darko supporters. I guess I should keep wondering why we drafted this guy in the first place. If the Pistons had drafted anyone else, the team would be most likely be better off in the long run than they are right now. Hard to say for sure but probably.:confused:
  16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Darko's dunk over Zo was insane. And yes, I'm, biased for Darko too, but I always thought it was a good thing to be biased FOR a Piston. I understand people who have legitimate problems with Darko and are upset, but I will never understand guys that revel in Darko's problems.

McCoskey stands out as one of them, he writes an article today calling Darko Passive, complains about Darko's game Friday, failing to notice the improvement in Darko's game on Saturday, and then at the end nonchalantly says, "well Darko did get a block and a dunk on Saturday, but he was still passive on the boards" WTF? Darko had 2 boards in 5 minutes, how is that passive? 2 more boards than DD. Jeez. If DMC plays bad, call him out on it, no problem, but give him a little props when he does well.

Also, why pick on Darko when the real story is Delfino. Every one wrote him off last year (including myself), and look what he's doing now. Now that's something to get excited about.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

another blowout. everyone did good, at least almost everyone arroyo had a couple of offensivee fouls, and he couldn't get into the flow of the game. darko was okay...he needs to show more if he wants to play.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

bleh i forgot to tape it, i think only the 2nd game i haven't seen all year. i was gettin drunk at the rencen though for a holiday xmas party :D lookin forward to seeing more highlights in the top 10 video :)

glad to see delfino getting time and showing that he definitely can sub for TP and not make him log so many minutes. looking at the box score i'll take evans 4/7, dice 4/6, and delfino 4/7 - go bench!! 30 points this game, 41 the previous. the starters are well rested for memphis :D
  19. ojay

ojay Second Round Draft Pick

I never wrote off Delfino, as before in injury, I was preaching that he was THE bench with Dice and Hunter. He showed a lot of flash and potential (i.e. Denver game) and I believe surprisingly that LB even had him start on a few occassions. I was VERY VERY disappointed for him not making the playoff roster, but I can understand JD and LB wanted a 100% healthy bench. His attitude this season is rejuvenated, and that helps even more when you have a new coach in Flip.

And people who aren't happy with Darko (myself) have every right to be. He's in his 3rd year, every year he flashes potential in the preseason and early season, and then after that he just ends up complaining or whining about garbage time. Through 2 totally different coaches, it's the same. The kid needs to change his work ethic and just be ready to dominate in the 15 seconds of fame.
  20. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Absolutely, I'm not criticizing you. It's the people who mock him good or bad, and mock anyone who dares stick up for the kid. He may be a bust now, but there's nothing wrong with rooting for him, and wanting him to succeed.