1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Detroit at Charlotte ~ December 17th, 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by Zoso, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

December 17th
    TV: FSN Detroit
    Radio: WDFN-AM 1130

~~~Probable Starters~~~

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    VS

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comments on this game?
    ~~~

2. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Detroit 103 - Charlotte 78

Recap:

Charlotte coach Bernie Bickerstaff thought the Bobcats would have to play a near perfect game to beat Detroit. When they came out flat, it was more than Bickerstaff could stand to watch.
    Chauncey Billups had 21 points and 12 assists and the Pistons routed the Bobcats 103-78 on Saturday night to improve to an NBA-best 18-3 -- the best 21-game mark in franchise history.
    Richard Hamilton added 15 points and Ben Wallace had 13 points and 13 rebounds for the Pistons, 11-2 on the road...

Box Score

3. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

could be close

this one could be either a blow out or to close for comfort. the bobcats play hard and dont usually give up. add in we are on a back to back should be a good game.

4. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I'll be there

Looking forward to going to the game tonight with one of my sons. I taught him right. Love Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and Buckeyes!:)

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Have a great time.

Love Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers...yes

Love Buckeyes...well ok, better than U of M

Love Lions...why would you do that to your son????

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

nice job on the preview for this game zoso. i don't know what to expect from this game at all though. usually i kind of have a feeling of what might happen, but i have nothing today.

7. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

just think about it....we could be 18-3 at the end of the day.

8. max

max All-Star

Game

Hard to know what to expect. Cats are a decent offensive rebounding team mainly with Okafor and we all know how the Pistons rebound when tired. Starters did not play too many mins last night so hopefully they will be good.

Brevin Night may be a little pesky for Billups in the backcourt but Billups will have no trouble posting him.

Cats ended an 8 game losing streak In NJ Wed and have been waiting for the Pistons to erase a 3 home game losing streak.

9. Pastor Flournoy

can you believe I played with Gerald Wallace in high school, and he was not our best player.

10. max

max All-Star

re

Was he the tallest guy on the team?

11. Pastor Flournoy

Nope. Wasn't even close. In fact our Sg was taller then him (Rod Grizzard 6'8 played at Alabam till junior drafted by Washington) We had 6 guys 6'7 or taller.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open.

13. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko

ok. another piston blowout i guess we can argue about darko. he clearly outplayed jmax tonight. 1 thing about darko is that he sure does shut down the paint when he's out there. i think a lot of people get too caught up on how hard he goes offensively. defensively he's right up there with the big 3 maybe a little higher than mcdyess. i think the bench should have played a lot more minutes tonight except evans.

delfino is a good player. people that think our bench is weak need to check out delfino. he's a great passer, good rebounding guard and a streaky shooter. oh yeah he will dunk on you too. he's just as important to our bench success as arroyo and mcdyess. he should be playing wayyyy more minutes than evans.

chauncey is the man. he has to get an all star bid. double doubles all the time now. he is detroit basketball.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

We came out doing pretty good. Unfortunately, Flip decided to continue his experiment of making a player out of Mo Evans. Did not work. Our scoring pretty much stopped. But depite us barely scoring while he was on the floor, we just missed getting 50 for the quarter. In case anyone thinks Arroyo was the problem, think again. Arroyo was playing with a minefield on the floor. Named Evans. The ball goes to Evans, the offense dies. Kind of hard to play under those conditions.

Delfino came in from the left on a fast break and slaughtered one down thru Okafor. Pretty impressive. In contrast, Evans got fouled driving in, but missed the layup by a mile. That was not from the foul mind you. And the announcers had the gaul to say that was Evans strong point, driving in. Show me he can make a simple layup before you tell me he can drive in.

Tay had yet another sky slam from a pass from Rip. CB continues to hit triples and everything else he throws up there. Sheed hit a triple. Can't recall Rip doing a whole lot of scoring yet in this one. An excellent defensive half, a few points off our record and a new record low for Charlotte. (In less than 2 years.)

Once again, Carlos Delfino finds himself in the rotation. But once again, no Darko. Dale Davis did get 2 minutes at the end of the half. Sheed has not rested much after having high minutes for us last night. Hopefully, we can finish this one off fast. Still got 2 games to go in this 4 game in five night stretch. Next team is Memphis too at Memphis. GO PISTONS!!!!!

Rip, who had not done much in the 1st half, heated up in the 3rd quarter. Our lead never shrunk much nor grew either during the quarter. Dyess played a bunch of it as Sheed rested for foul trouble. Dale Davis came in too for more foul trouble. Evans again came off the bench before Delfino, but again, Delfino played plenty. This time, he did hit a triple, and he also actually dribbled the ball a dribble or two and pulled up and hit one. Thats is a little better. Still, pretty much just missed shots from him in this game and little more.

We ended up with a good deal of garbage time due to 2 straight assists from Delfino to Ben for dunks on fast breaks. That put the lead up to 25 with about half the 4th quarter to go. Darko and Maxiell got in the game. Nothing from JMAX. Darko got a fast break dunk and also got an assist on a fast break. And a block on May. Arroyo did a fancy between the legs pass to Evans to set Evans up for spin dunk on a fast break. Anyone notice how often Evans benefits from great passes from Delfino and Arroyo the last few games? They must like him helping them with their assist numbers. If only Evans could handle the ball as well as shoot.

Well, that game should not have tired our starters out too much. Memphis is next Monday night at Memphis. That should be considedered a quality opponent. GO PISTONS!!!!!

15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Just to be fair ...

Same thing goes for Darko. He finished a dunk tonight, which was a miracle. Usually when he gets the ball close to the rack, he looks like a monkey fondling a football out there.

16. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

how is your post just to be fair??

darko has posterized several players this year. that was last year you are talking about darko missing dunks. it's not fair either cause the post had nothing to do with darko. you just took another oppurtunity to take a shot at darko when it wasn't needed at all.

17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

bballjay

There has been more than a few times when Darko has grabbed an offensive rebound and couldn't finish. Speaking of finishing, shouldn't you finish getting Darko's bubble bath ready?

You're not even close to objective about the guy. He played fine tonight in meaningless minutes, but he's sucked lately and you know it. Dale Davis was in the game before him tonight.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I PM'd all the chatters, but I thought I should post here as well.

I've got a tech looking into changing our connection software to allow us a LOT more chatters at one time. It looks like he stopped by at the end of the chat. Sorry if anyone got dropped and hung like I was.

If you want to see a schedule for the chat, click here. Once we get the software sorted, we'll be able to leave the chat open longer before and after each game.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

Gazoo, watch that meaningless minute stuff, or you will find yourself in agreement with us. Those minutes are meaningless. And Flip should know it too. What really matters is how a guy does in a game. So far, Darko has done fine in games, when the game matters. People love to talk about how Maxiell is doing, yet Maxiell has not played a moment in a real game when it counts.

To expound on this, again, using playing time as motivation is good in some situations. But really, the bottomline is what wins championships. If a guy has a needed skill and performs at that task far better than the next guy, he should play. What the coach thinks about what percentage of effort is being put out is irrelevant.

20. detteam

detteam All-Star

And you took another opportunity to try to glorify a blatant bust...please list the 'several players' Darko has 'posterized'. But first:

1) Please give me your definition of several...for some reason I think your definition means more than one

2) Please give me your definition of posterize...does it include showing-up bench players from sub-par teams? Remember that it's unlikely any of those guys would ever be worthy of a poster...even if Jordan, Magic, & Bird were sitting shoulder-to-shoulder in the background.