Detroit April 24 7pm Round 1 Game 3

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 22, 2009.

1. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Man Amir must have one of the greatest followings out of any bench player in the league ever, seriously. HE SUCKS. Let's just start a lineup of Bynum, RANDOM DUDE OFF STREET, Sharpe, Max, and Amir then we as fans can finally realize that Max and Amir suck and Sharpe can not guard Lebron. Otherwise we will forever attribute this series loss to not playing Sharpe and Amir riding the pine. Who do you think gets the most love? I'm guessing random dude off the street. Okay there, sorry I had to get it out. No more Amir talk from me now.

This is painful to watch. Just painful. Our frontcourt is horrible. Tay included, he was limping, gimpy and ineffective. Sheed was useless. Dyess is old. Kwame is probably our only serviceable big man......and he has a website dedicated to how bad he sucks, not good. Our guards are the only players who have been playing anywhere near decent in this series. I can not wait for the offseason and I hope that JoeD fires Curry ASAP. Curry should be in the Lions organization, seriously he is an idiot. Most of the Lions organization has no clue about football, so Curry would fit right in. Let's do it Joe.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You're missing the entire point of the discussion. It's not about Amir being Kevin Garnett. It's about Curry's inability to go with what's working and bad coaching decisions/double standards/stupidity which in turn results in someone playing well and then getting no PT the next game. I really don't understand how anyone could be satisfied losing the exact same way over and over again.

But hey Sheed and Dice need the playoff experience.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah. Why lose the same way over and over again when there are so many potential new ways to lose?

At this point why even bother? Normally, I'd say go for it, but really, if they have to put those guys in...why even bother?
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

There are alot of reasons;

1/They have shown the tools needed against this team, and hey they might actually win (and i'm not advocating starting these players but utilizing them properly)

2/Playoff experience, Dice does not need 42 minutes of PO experience

3/We suck. We are about to get swept out of the PO's. We are rebuilding. It would be nice to really get a look at the young pieces.

4/They care. They fight. And they are not willing to get pushed around. They play defense. They foul.

5/I don't like watching LBJ alley-oop the entire team
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This all makes sense. But we have a coach who is absolutely clueless about basketball and will never use any of it. Too bad. I still say we can easily win this series, that Detroit has the best roster in the league, and it would just take a coach to play rotations that continually are capable of covering all the bases. But Curry has not one clue about what constitutes a good unit on the floor. He often puts one out there, has it right in front of him, but can't figure out why the unit works and fails to go back to it. Either his assistants are all blind as well or Curry won't listen to any of them. Who knows. At this point, use a clean sweep approach. Fire Tom Wilson, Dumars, Curry, the whole coaching staff - and even the trainers. Have someone start out fresh, who has never even witnessed the level of non-sense going on with this team at the moment.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Hermann too???
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Lee, I am always in complete agreement with your assessments of Curry as a coach. But you don't really believe the Pistons have the best roster in the NBA... do you?
  8. max

max All-Star

I think Amir would have helped and it should have been automatic that he played given his energy and willingness to get physical last game but it would not have changed anything.

Pistons just did not have the firepower to win. Key was holding the Cavs to only 9 3rd Q points and not being able to take advantage of it. Any other team in the playoffs would have pounced on an opportunity like that.

Just cannot generate enough offense with this wimpy just shooting attack of ours.

Calls/Refs. Yes there has been a disparity but they are the ones going to the rack not us. They are the ones willing to risk taking a hard foul not us.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm feeling generous so sure why not LOL. With very good defenders around him all he's got to do is spot up in the corner.
  10. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Yeah I think he really does. There's NO way this team could beat Cleveland this series. No way. I don't care what rotations you throw out. The team is clearly in disarray. The talent is better than our record indicates, but not by much. We have a horrible front court.
  11. Darth Tater

Ok, why not? But only for spits and giggles.

My point is only that there is no way in hades they win. But yeah,it isn't like the regular starters have more than a snowball's chance anyhow.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This was from the paper after game 2:

As has been the case with Curry all year, he verbalizes a philosophy and then does something totally different when he actually gets on the sidelines.

In actuality, here is how his gameplan played out.

Q1-
    Curry started the tired and true, Sheed + Dyess.

He subbed Max in for Dyess and packaged Max+Sheed for a whopping 1:56.

Then, he subbed Dyess right back in the game and went with Dyess+Max for 2:37.

Q2-
    Curry abandoned his gameplan and went with a surprise small ball attack. Instead of pairing a young big man with a vet, MC decided to go with this unit:
    PG- Bynum
    SG- Stuckey
    SF- Rip
    PF- Herrmann
    C- Maxiell

Maybe the shortest 5-man unit put on the court at the same time in the NBA this year?

This new invention was tested for 4:50.

After that, MC realized that he was deviating too much from his plan and he went back to the Dyess+Maxiell pairing for...

26 seconds.

Then he ended the young big man + vet experiment.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's your opinion. Their productiveness on the court shows otherwise. And all those reasons still hold.
  14. Darth Tater

What productiveness? LMAO:pound:

I guess we are going to trade them all for starters because surely the coaches and GM's around the league noticed their "productiiveness".
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yup, that's it. They didn't single-handedly get us back from an almost 30 point deficit in Game 3.

LBJ guarded Will Bynum b/c he sucks.

AA had no effect on the game whatsoever. That 2nd quarter was trivial.

Kwame was so useless in the games before he had to be benched for this one.

Amir actually stood up to LBJ, fouled hard, and was a defensive whirlwind. Can't have that.

I'm so glad we stuck to the rotation. This series was a pleasure to watch. I hope to see many more games where Dyess and Sheed play 42 minutes. I also greatly enjoy LBJ dunking on the team. It's great that Tay and Sheed were so accomodating in getting out of his way. I wish i too can go to the palace and chant MVP.

Apparently, Joe's got alot of work b/c according to you every young guy on this team sucks.
  16. Darth Tater

Yes. Joe has a lot of work to do. No, they don't suck. They're OK, but most are not starter material. At least they play with intensity unlike our current starters. Cleveland had us beat. They took their foot off the gas. I'd like to see most of the bench return, unlike the starters. But i want to see them get more time..from the bench. I odubt they would do much as a starting unit.
  17. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I was sitting directly in front of the guy that got his eye blew out....He was with of 6 or 7 Cavs fans that were talking smack all night (specifically about the arena & fans), eventually the 2 guys behind them had enough of it (between the 3rd and 4th quarters). The guy with his shirt off and the messed up face was talking the most and at the beginning of the game he was saying "we're going to get in a fight tonight..." and "the guys behind us stop talkin'" - after a Lebron dunk. Anyway, that was the highlight of the night for me. Besides the great seats with all you can drink (beer or wine) and eat for $79 bucks

Some of the Cavs fans were pretty funny and gave me and a friend a beer, but you just dont go to another city and run your mouth like they were doing. It's just ignorant and they were asking for it.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lol hey thanks for the clarification on what happened...not that i condone the fighting but at least it was a cavs fan that got jacked :O
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Haha, I wish I coulda been there to see all of that.