Detroit April 24 7pm Round 1 Game 3

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 22, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

2. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Guys we are only experiencing what others have experience throughout the years facing us. We are in a rebuiding mode and these things can be expected. We will get better, we just need to be patient and support our team. However, in saying all that we need to fire Curry as soon as possible in that he inept and over his head at this point. We need to rebuild our frontcourt and keep Stuckey, Bynum, Rip, Tay, Afflalo, Dyess, and MAYBE Kwame and Maxiell. WE WILL GET BETTER, TAKE IT ON THE CHIN FELLAS. ITS EASY TO GIVE NOW ITS TIME TO GET HIT!!!!!
  3. explosivity

Btw, I am leaning towards putting Amir in a package to get a player that could help us!!!!!
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Amir could have helped us tonight.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

a game 4 let it all out podshow would be nice!
  6. Delfino Delivers

I will say it one more time just cuz I got to get it off my chest.

We start the game off hot and get ourselves a lead. Then the play levels off and we just keep pace. When it gets to the point when they are starting to eat into your lead; why not make a substitution.

He rides his rotations to the point of diminishing returns. He just stays with them too long while the opposing coach is keeping his rotations fresh.

Curry learned absolutely nothing from the 4th quarter run his bench gave him last game. Like it never happened!!

He is pathetic. Please bring in Laimbeer to at least put some respect in the unis. That whole starting five would have been on the Pine to start the fourth if Beer were coaching.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, he should be traded so then we can sit through another fun post CB time.

Was he always that good?

No he's just playing better b/c the trade made him motivated.

Well we wouldn't have a championship with Amir so it's good we at least got a 2nd rounder.

That 2nd rounder could turn out to be another Manu Ginnobli!

edited to add;
    I should not have watched this game. I know better by now.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I been saying that since we were 4 and 0!:pound:
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not really surprised this happened, but I honestly believed they had one good game in them and I thought it would be this one. Looks like the brooms come out next. I wonder if the Palace will offer free brooms next game to any Cleveland fan buying a ticket?:sweep::sweep::sweep::sweep: :sweep::sweep::sweep::sweep::sweep::sweep:

[​IMG]
  10. explosivity

Sorry but Amir cant play without periodically spending time on the bench independent of his fouling prowess. I may be ruffling a few feather here but the guy need to spend some time in the D-league. If you cannot play in a game without fouling for 5 minutes at a time you cant play in the league. He has NBA talent but not NBA intellect at this point. This can change but he needs some remedial help.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He did and dominated.

You're right. He fouled excessively last game. It's a good thing we benched him. After all, a foul is worth 200 points for the other team. We would have never recovered. At least now we're losing with players that foul like Tayshaun.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

After holding the Cavs to 9 pts in the 3rd qtr and ending the qtr tied at 53, the Pistons continued to jumpshoot themselves out of a possible win first allowing the Cavs to enter the paint at will score on a series of dunks & and 1 situations.

Key to the game was once again at the FT line where both the Cavs and the refs were aggressive in getting them to the charity stripe. The Cavs won by 11 and once again they made more FT's than we took...(a difference of 9 pts) Pistons 10-12 and Cavs 19-30.

None of our starting from court even sniffed the FT line. Kwame was the only big to get the line hitting 2-2. Even Joe Smith got to the line 7 times and to top it off hit a 3 ball for his 19 pts, that offset Mo Williams 1-11 shooting.

Sheed and Dice and whomever, let Z shoot at will without even putting a hand in his face. He cooled off in the second, but there was Joe Smith taking over..

68 points is not going to win any games in the NBA playoffs anymore..

Jump shot Rip played the whole second half I believe and did not get to the free throw line until 2:22 left in the game..
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Isn't D-league eligibility limited to 2 years? The guy's making $3.7M a year.
  14. explosivity

I'm not going to debate but to me it seems as though he is not playing because that he cannot play without putting someone on the line. Amir got an incredible opportunity to start and prove to his teamates that he could contribute in a postive way. I'm sorry but you can't play without fouling every other minute then you simply cannot play. I absolutely love his talent but he does not know how to play yet. Thats why he is on the pine. Even Curry can see that and I think the guy is deplorable at this point.
  15. explosivity

I dont know all the official rules or anything but it is very apparent the guy doesnt know how to play in the league yet. Its not that he cant play he just does not know how. This is a moot point to me honestly.
  16. Delfino Delivers

He played more then 5 minutes last game and his fouling brought life to a team that was watching a lay up line.

Everybody keeps talking about fouls. Do they carry over to the next game? Can you trade them in for cash or a beer? While in the heck would you want to save them??

In my opinion; if you are playing 40+ minutes a game and don't have at least four fouls; you are watching the game instead of playing.

You can't spend that much time on the floor trying to play defense and not pick up fouls. If you ain't fouling; you ain't playin defense!!
  17. explosivity

Then why is he not playing? If Joe wanted him to play he would be playing. The guy cannot play yet. If he could he would be playing. Am I missing something, lmao. There is no conspiracy here folkes.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

isnt there an Amir thread for this?:pound:
  19. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The first case in point for trying to get something for him while we can.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

were there any bright spots??? Well Curry said there were in his presser that all of the stats were equal with the exception of the FT shooting... Then why doesn't he mention that at the beginning of the game, at halftime, third qtr..to his players.?

How about our defense on their guards?? Delonte West and MO Williams were 1-18 shooting and scored 4 pts....